To My Gravity Story Followers! Have a Look at This...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little Anna is starting to be a bit picky with her food! She was really loving Royal Canin Baby Cat Mousse and then wasn't fond of that anymore, and then I went with Royal Canin kitten chow (been feeding her 7-8g, 6 times a day), softening it up with warm water, and she was loving that for over a week, and now she will pretty much only lick the juice!LOL, I tried some beef, liver, and cheese friskies for the heck of it and she munched on it like crazy. I do not want to keep changing her food. Should I not worry so much about her slowing down a little on eating and just stick with the same foods? I figure I will go pick up a few more cans of that friskies since she really did love it (FOR NOW! LOL) but she is doing really well playing like crazy, using the litter box regularly...no other signs of anything, other than her just slowing down on eating. She is very energetic and off the wall when she is awake! lol

...as you can see!

I weighed her today and she is 23.8oz. :)

Last edited:

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not 6 times a day, my apologies for lack of sleep! LOL, I am feeding her every six HOURS, not six times a day. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128570[/emoji] A lack of sleep is understandable!!

Love the latest pics. Play. Play. Play. ZONK!!! Those kitten days go sooo fast, don't they. Sometimes it seems they never sleep. Then one day we wake up and want to play, and they yawn and go back to sleep. That's why I love your Annie pictures so!!! Precious!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwww.... she's such a cutie. Love her white belly with the spotted borders.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So cute!

You'll find that she has periods of slower growth and eats less for a spell, then hits a growth spurt, and pigs out again. This is normal, so don't worry :).

It sounds like she's doing great! Do any of your other cats play with her at all?

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Yes i have done some supervized play lately and she really enjoys it. they are playing with her but sometimes they get a bit too rough. I have one that is my other youngest that is a little jealous and tends to stalk her like she is a little rat. it is hilarious to watch but I do not want little Anna getting hurt. but she really enjoys her play time with them. that started this week.

thank you it is good to know that that is normal. Because like just now I put the food down and she ate some but not near as much as she usually does. I knew she was not sick at all because she is doing great with playing and her energy is crazy, so it definitely must be one of those periods . :-)

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you read some of the thread in the food forums, a lot of people use many different brands and rotate them so the cat has a variety.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have just finished reading through this thread and I want to say @MindyL3igh  you are doing an amazing job with Anna just as you did with Gravity and Sparrow.

She is a beautiful little girl and because of your love and devotion, she has the life she deserves. I truly believe in one sending others to you and this is one of those times. Gravity didn't want you to be alone so he sent Anna to you and gave her a part of him which is why she "feels" like him. You can feel his heart in her.

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little Anna is growing like a weed! 1 lb and 12.1 oz tonight! and she runs out of the bedroom to play any chance she gets! lol, my other cats are coming around and she loves drinking out of their water fountain so much! 

Her playing while Munchie naps and two of my other babies watch on at her craziness! lol

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe how big she's gotten! She looks very healthy and has won over her siblings :)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anna is going on 8 weeks so quickly! But I'm here because she threw up once this morning and just dry-heaved for about 40 seconds it seemed. She is playing really good (playing herself exhausted! lol) and everything. Maybe I am overreacting. Any ideas what it could be? Could it just be hairball related for the first time maybe? No goopey eyes or sneezing. I did have to give her a different kitten food yesterday evening and this morning in a pinch, could it be related to a change in food to a cheaper brand perhaps? I am getting her normal brand of kibble tomorrow. I'll be watching her closely. I'm just paranoid from Gravity and Sparrow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You pegged it! It's probably the change in food. Upsets their tummies every time unless you gradually switch it over.

You'll need to put her back on what she's accustomed to and wean her over gradually by mixing the new in with the old for awhile if you want to change.

How about a current picture when you get a chance :)

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely doing that this morning, thank you so much! ^_^

Here is our precious (off the chain) baby LOL, she is EVERYWHERE now. We still have her in the bedroom with the door shut when we're sleeping or not home. 

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Anna looks soooooo good! She is very cute and looks happy, healthy and content! Who is her cute calico sister? :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's beautiful and so healthy looking! I imagine she's driving the other cats crazy with her friskiness! :)