To My Gravity Story Followers! Have a Look at This...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds like she's really doing well :).

If her little bottom is sore, you can rub some olive or vegetable oil on it after each stool to keep it from being so chapped.

I have a feeling she will get past this in the next day or two. But what a big girl to make it to the litter box each time! And tonight she gets to sleep in your bedroom :).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How did she do in your bedroom last night? Is the diarrhea easing up more?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She did great! She crawled into the bed one time, but wouldn't settle down. I just cuddled her for a while and then seen if she wanted to go back in her carrier, and she just walked right on in it and plopped down until next feeding. I leave it open for her though. She also stayed warm through the night as well.  :)

The diarrhea has not eased up, so I called vet and they asked me to bring a good stool sample in and bring her in with me, so that's what I did this afternoon. She has a slight bacterial infection, so they prescribed some Amoxicillin and some probiotic powder to add to her mush the next few days and to keep up with the pumpkin...we are hoping that does the trick! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad you took her in, because it needs to clear up. Let's hope the amoxicillin does the trick, along with the probiotic. It should.

I love how she goes in her little bed to sleep, but that she can get to you and her litter box if she needs to! I'm glad she didn't get cold either.

Is she continuing to eat her mush and drink her bottle well?

Are your other cats jealous of her?

Whatever happened to the kittens in your park that you were trying to catch?

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is eating the mush really good pretty much at every feeding now and then we go with her bottle. They did confirm she had no worms or any other intestinal parasites, just bacterial infection going on and hopefully this will do the trick. I am glad I took her too. I don't think they got enough poop from her last time with the fecal probe...they only got a teeny tiny pinch from her and I really didn't think it was enough to show is anything was really going on. I took in a hefty sample to be sure! lol :) My kitties haven't met her yet, but so far they are being okay through the doors! 

I am STILL trying to get them! I hardly EVER see them at all! When I do, all I have to do is look at them and they run into the insulation of that trailer. I have not seen them in two days, but that is not unusual. They are harder to catch than the adults! I just trapped and spayed one, she is in my bathroom recovering for the next day or two. She lets me pet her sometimes, but other times she goes wild. I try to come in and out as calmly as possible. I feed her a couple of houses down and have been wanting to get her fixed for some time! I have 10 more I need to get fixed and then this whole colony will finally be controlled! We have already fixed about 15 of them. We have a grant for just a little while right now, with a really good local vet that cares for ferals and will spay/neuter any ferals for $10 and tip their ear, with it totaling just $20 for extra pain medication. So, it is all a work in progress, but it is working, under the radar. I hate our city has yet to accept TNR! I have a petition going to the city council and am mailing a letter to them as well...I have gotten 225 signatures over night!

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! I'm impressed!

It sounds like you are doing a great job on the side getting your local colony under control. It is a shame your town won't recognize TNR.

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I started feeding them and  I knew I couldn't just feed and watch them keep reproducing so I had to start doing something to make more of a difference to them. This lady was feeding and TNRing already and I met her and we began to do it together. She feeds tons of more areas. She literally, no lie, works to take care of the feral kitties. Her husband is retired, his check pays their bills and she works to buy food and to help with TNR. I was like, one day maybe! Sometimes I feel pressured by her to do more, but as far as my financial and emotional/mental (lol) means go, I can only care for this colony right now. I have to remind myself that I am making a difference, period, and that is all that matters...no matter how small, it's huge to the kitties I am able to care for. :)

Little Miss Anna is officially 1lb and 1oz as well! Yay! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow again - Anna is really growing fast!

It's wonderful that you have the opportunity to work with such a dedicated friend of strays and ferals. I'm sure you can learn from her, and I know she is an inspiration. But it's important to keep things in perspective, as you are clearly doing, because she is in a totally different stage of her life than you are.

So doing what you can for your own colony, and helping to raise signatures for a petition for your city to accept TNR, along with caring for your own pets, going to school, and keeping a harmonious marriage, are all equally important and keep you balanced in life. I think you have a good head on your shoulders and you are very wise for your age!

Last edited:

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, and thank you so much. <3 I very much admire her and all she does! She is 65 and I think it is hard for her to remember that I'm 25 and that as much as I wouldn't mind my entire life being kitties, that I can only do so much right now while I try to really establish my life and future, so I can continue to help kitties and have a good marriage. We've already been together for 9 years, so he knows all of my animal advocate antics and is semi-used to them already, lol! 

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love the picture of her sleeping on her back with her little legs up! So sweet!

Glad to hear her bottom is healing. The urine and BM's must have burned so badly. The antibiotic must be working. This is good news!

I like that she's filling up more on her mush and taking less milk. That's exactly what needs to happen. She's really doing well :).

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! 

She's only pooped at 9:30 last night and 5:30 this morning instead of every couple of hours! They were runny, but a nicer brown! Yay! Her current regimen is now working! 

The nipple on her bottle has began wearing out and dribbles more than it should. That started really early this morning. I may go get another bottle this weekend, but she is doing so great lapping milk out of a saucer and eating most of her mush, I am wondering if I should still offer the bottle if she is getting full from what she is doing now?

She's been doing good without it all day and hasn't been walking around rooting for it anymore. She had been getting to where she was trying to suck it down so fast and quick and frantically, biting it more and everything, I had began worrying more and more about aspiration from her bottle.

When she is done lapping up the formula and her mush, she has a nice full belly, plays, and helps clean herself, and gets ready for a nap.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's not missing her bottle at all, which is great!

I'd pick up another bottle just to have a decent nipple on hand for future use. You can also order replacement nipple packs online, fyi.

So glad to hear that her BM's are getting more normal and far less frequent :).

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is so darn tootin' cute!

She went from looking like a bedraggled, unkempt interloper to a full, healthy family member!

See what a difference you can make?
It's all about intervention: food, love, and care [emoji]128149[/emoji].

Last edited:

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise