To drink or not to drink........that is the question...

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink about 2-3 times a month. By drink I mean lightly and sociably. About once every 3 months I will really pass the comfortably buzzed point and enter the world of happy oblivion,,lol. I like wine with dinner. I am glad that I didnt turn out to be an alcoholic, or the extreme opposite and think it's evil, because I grew up around alot of alcoholism. But if someone said I could never drink again, I would do no more than sorrowfully sigh for the loss of wine with dinner on the weekends.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and what is this about this TCS convention?!?!? Never heard about it,,,you guys trying to have a get-together with out me!!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Well of course Susan and Carrie! The only catch is that you'll have to come here to Florida to visit me in order to get the goods!!
wahoo!! susan what flight are we getting??

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

All right then...anyone who wants it just has to come and visit me and ye shall receive!
...... save some for me and susan though..

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Lol! Actually, it works out pretty good, I seem to be losing my taste for donuts and other fried or baked sweets!!!
It has gotten to where the smell of donuts actually nauseates me! Was talking on another thread, and I have actually lost around 8 lbs since we opened it!
That's really great Cindy!
Maybe Bradley and I need to go into the bakery business so I can get his sugar consumption under control!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't remember where I heard it or who said it, but it seemed to fit here...

Five Reasons for Drinking
There are five reasons for drinking: someone arriving, someone leaving, a happy occasion, a sad occasion, any other good reason

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like wine and beer, don't care for spirits much. In fact i will have a bottle of vodka and brandy in my cabinet for months. Wine is another story, I really like it with dinner or white wine on a hot day etc. Beer i like but it's too caloric for all the time! Only a treat here and there.

so yes I drink.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie, interesting! here I was thinking that it's party central at your house 24/7 - you know, with Petals and all!

I don't drink by choice - it just makes me ill inside. I black out from anything carbonated or that has alcohol. My 6 brothers all have "it" too. And aside from that, what is so attractive about being around so much drinking? In short, I'm a very cheap date!
We have no alcohol in the house at all, and Eric is LDS. For me, personally, it's refreshing to be with somebody who doesn't have to have that as a part of every weekend or bbq. And we have a lot of fun!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I wanted to say one thing here. I know YOU aren' that way, but every time someone tells me they "aren't much of a drinker" it has turned out to be a lie! I kid you not, one time I was at a party and there was a lot of drinking going on and this woman I knew from childhood tells me she isn't a drinker..I believed her and it turns out it's a big line. She is! Another mutual friend told me. Then it happened again, a new friend I had said she doesn't drink 'Can't stand the smell" etc, and then THAT turned out to not be true.

I wonder why they feel they must make that up? Shame or something? I mean I just hink it's a personal choice, doesn't mean you are an addict or anything. I totally respect those who choose not to also and I know there is peer pressure. I went on a diet once and didn't drink at all and people kept putting drinks in my hand, very annoying.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

You know I wanted to say one thing here. I know YOU aren' that way, but every time someone tells me they "aren't much of a drinker" it has turned out to be a lie! I kid you not, one time I was at a party and there was a lot of drinking going on and this woman I knew from childhood tells me she isn't a drinker..I believed her and it turns out it's a big line. She is! Another mutual friend told me. Then it happened again, a new friend I had said she doesn't drink 'Can't stand the smell" etc, and then THAT turned out to not be true.

I wonder why they feel they must make that up? Shame or something? I mean I just hink it's a personal choice, doesn't mean you are an addict or anything. I totally respect those who choose not to also and I know there is peer pressure. I went on a diet once and didn't drink at all and people kept putting drinks in my hand, very annoying.
I have no idea why people feel the need to lie about whether they drink or not. I have no problem with people who drink, I have issues with drinkers who don't take responsibility for over-doing it. My Dad could always tell even when I tried to drink to be cool in high school -- my system would reject the carbonation and/or alcohol and I'd come home a very sick puppy and one time even to chug something to be cool and passed out very fast. No hiding from Dad!
People annoy me when they assume I'm in "recovery" like if you don't choose to drink there must be something wrong with you. When I'm out with friends and they all order these martini-things that look really nice, and I decline, it's perfectly fine. Just as they are drinking what they want and it's perfectly fine.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IWhen I do drink it's usually on the weekends, friday night most often. It gets expensive. I don't drink beer, but sometimes I get lucky when rail drinks are on special. my favs are strawberry anything, long islands, and huricanes

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

IWhen I do drink it's usually on the weekends, friday night most often. It gets expensive. I don't drink beer, but sometimes I get lucky when rail drinks are on special. my favs are strawberry anything, long islands, and huricanes
Drinking out isn't worth the money!! That's how many restaurants make their money. I just like wine with friends, casual etc.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love wine, red wine, any kind of red wine. So I do drink the stuff like on a daily basis. I am really little & skinny and my metabolism is *through the roof* so ONE GLASS of wine makes me loopy. So I'm a cheap date.

I only like beer if it's Guinness or Warsteiner. PERIOD. I'm totally done with American beers. With all the Irish & German ancestry in my blood, I'm allowed to say that!

As far as hard liquor, Tequila is the only thing I can drink straight. I love to do shots. But only on VERY RARE occasion because it has profound effects the following morning, unfortunately. Oh and my love of Apple Martini's... DeKuyper apple schnapps mixed with apple flavored Vodka, on the rocks! GREAT Summertime drink, a little sweet, but nummy & refreshing.

And I agree, drinking "out" at restaurants is totally hooey!!! I like to relax with some wine at home during the evenings, OR on the flip side, if I'm almost done busting my buttocks outside re-landscaping my yard (big job, lots of work) then I like ta have a cold beer nearby to help me finish the job. Guinness of course. Or that cold martini.