To drink or not to drink........that is the question...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious guys......my family and the alot of my close friends, when we have a party or get together, would never think to have or get beer or alcohol. We have on occasion had a few drinks available on New Years eve, but no, booze is just not a part of our lives. It's not a religous thing, or that we are against drinking......I guess we just don't care for the taste.....LOL

How about you?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is a beer drinker and I'll occasionally indulge myself with a drink (if my diet went well that day lol). Some of our friends are big drinkers and we'll drink socially with them on occasion but sometimes we just don't feel like having hard liquor. I'm more of a wine person when we go out to dinner.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care either way. I buy beer for Brendan kind of frequently and I actually bought him a microbrewery for Christmas so he uses that a lot. I'll have a drink with dinner out or something like that, but I really don't host many dinners or anything. When I go out with friends for dinner I'll generally have a margarita or two, but that's about it. Now, during summer, if there's parties that I end up going too...that's a WHOLE other story.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I should mention that Jerry likes his beer, but we never have any at home. When we go out to dinner, he will probably half the time order a Bud light. If I'm feeling particularly frisky, I will order a fruity drink, but that happens maybe once, twice a year. (the drink that is, not me feeling frisky!)

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have been a big drinker although you wouldn't believe me if you looked above my :censor::censor::censor::censor:, I have a cabinet full of liquor. Bought for a party that got cancelled.

Most times I just drink soda or something. I don't have a problem with drinking I just don't think it's that much fun. Thankfully my cousin is the same way and recently her boyfriend decided to stop drinking so now there are three of us that don't drink at the parties. Now all I need is to find a man that isn't a big drinker...why is it that I have so much trouble finding someone who isn't a drinker?

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We drink occasionally, that is maybe 5 or 6 times a year. I guess my husband and I both got it out of our systems when we were younger.
I just don't care for it too much, I don't like the way it makes you feel in the morning. Guess we're just a bunch of party poopers!

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love beer tasting and light wines, but two sips and I am flushed. I am thankful my better half is not a big drinker..it can add up in $$$ for weekend beers!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Shy used to be a Sales Rep for Budweiser and I used to be a bartender. All of the friends that we hang out with are friends that I made while bartending. What do you think?? We like to have a good time on the weekends but alcohol doesn't affect our lives beyond that. Sometimes a drink or two with dinner through the week just to take the edge off doesn't hurt either. I was raised with a very casual attitude toward alcohol.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now as im not a drinker i avoid having my parents over and having alcohol here too.
Bf likes to drink vodka with Oj, or ouzo but we hide it when we know my mother is coming around.
I had a bottle of lambrusco and my mother just opened it and helped her self which i was wvery angry of.
So anyway i think it just depends if you have the money to provide alcohol whether its beer or wine for your guests.
Because i wouldnt

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink - saw what it did to my parents - don't want to go there! Hubby does have a few beers or a shot or two of tequilla on Friday nights.

... Still waiting for my power ...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in college, I did my fair share of drinking, but since I've married, the only time I do any is if a couple of us go out for a girls night out and I get a couple of margaritas.
The stuff really isn't good for my blood sugar anyway, so its just as well that I don't drink!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh definitely Cindy.....no drinking for you if you have diabetes! Tracey honey, hang in there.......your power will come back eventually!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan, you naughty girl!

I'm not a drinker and I guess it's because I was raised that way. Have tasted wine and champagne and I wasn't inpressed by the taste or smell. Would take some if I had a really bad cold to help me sleep. Viva l' NyQuil!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my parents are not big drinkers so I didn't really grow up with the drink and socialize thing (I'm always worried I'll drink too much and make an ass of myself). But now the older I get the more and more I find people do drink in these situations. I will have a wine or mixed drinks at a party/gathering.. At weddings I'm usually loaded. I only usually drink beer when it's a drunk forecast for the night though, usually I want something more sophisticated. I'm not in college anymore, you know? Now my bf's family, the guys especially, drink beer with everything. At thanksgiving dinner and stuff. I couldn't do that..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was little, the only booze regularly in the house was Dad's beer, which he basically had on the weekends. There'd be wine and one bottle of hard stuff -- usually rye -- around the holidays. When it was gone, it was gone. There wasn't money for it except at special occasions. Later on, things were less tight, so there'd be some booze in the house, and wine with Sunday dinner. I learned to take a drink responsibly at home.

I enjoy a drink, mostly on the weekend. Usually a scotch -- seldom more than one. I like a glass of wine with dinner. "Chateau Cardboard" is great for a single glass without opening a bottle, but we usually have a bottle with Friday dinner. I enjoy a beer on a hot day or with certain meals.

Our liquor cabinet is reasonably well stocked, because we like variety, and we like to be able to offer our guests what they prefer. Some of them prefer n/a, too, and we're happy to provide.

There are plenty of times when booze is around, that I don't partake, either because I'm not in the mood or because I need to drive soon or... If it were necessary to give it up, I would miss the taste -- that's what most often determines what's in my glass, not the alcohol content.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, let me get this straight........when we have our TCS convention in Minnesota in 2007 at the Mall of America, are we all going to be sloshed or sober???

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

So, let me get this straight........when we have our TCS convention in Minnesota in 2007 at the Mall of America, are we all going to be sloshed or sober???
hmmmm
how about a bit sloshed