Time for the truth (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really should never, ever adopt another animal again. Animals are not to be thrown out like trash, you better learn that.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree no fostering of any kind. Animals need to be kept from her at any cost or the cost may be the animals and that is not an option.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you 100%, it is the kitties that should be thought of, not the person who dumped them. In some States you could be jailed for this.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kelly, "personality disorder" actually is a diagnosis.

Because it develops primarily during teenage years or in young adults, for those under 18 it isn't an "actual" diagnosis until the behavior/symptoms have existed for 1 year.

There are many different types of personality disorder, though interestingly it is characterised by lack of impulse control.

Among the many types, histrionic personality disorder is characterized by pervasive attention-seeking.

Because the range of personality disorders is so great, treatment can vary widely, but it often requires long term attention, and though there are medications that can be used for varying symptoms, treatment of personality disorders almost always includes psychotherapy.

RussianKitten, there is nothing wrong with having a disease, mental or otherwise. Just as people with physical handicaps are restricted in their career choices, it may well be that you are limited by yours. We all have to work with the cards we were dealt in life. I don't know that a proper diagnosis would mean you would be restricted from working with children - but it very well might. That would be for you and those administering your treatment to decide, I woud think.

RussianKitten - I would hope you have the intelligence to recognize that a proper diagnosis means proper treatment, and I hope you find the emotional strength to pursue a proper course of action - for your own health and happiness.

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Kelly, "personality disorder" actually is a diagnosis.

Because it develops primarily during teenage years or in young adults, for those under 18 it isn't an "actual" diagnosis until the behavior/symptoms have existed for 1 year.

There are many different types of personality disorder, though interestingly it is characterised by lack of impulse control.

Among the many types, histrionic personality disorder is characterized by pervasive attention-seeking.

Because the range of personality disorders is so great, treatment can vary widely, but it often requires long term attention, and though there are medications that can be used for varying symptoms, treatment of personality disorders almost always includes psychotherapy.

RussianKitten, there is nothing wrong with having a disease, mental or otherwise. Just as people with physical handicaps are restricted in their career choices, it may well be that you are limited by yours. We all have to work with the cards we were dealt in life. I don't know that a proper diagnosis would mean you would be restricted from working with children - but it very well might. That would be for you and those administering your treatment to decide, I woud think.

RussianKitten - I would hope you have the intelligence to recognize that a proper diagnosis means proper treatment, and I hope you find the emotional strength to pursue a proper course of action - for your own health and happiness.
Very well said!
RussianKitten, I hope everything goes well for you and your cats from now on.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RussianKitten, It has been brought up several times, but we have not had a response from you. It is clear to me you are not financially capable of dealing with a medical emergency with the kittens.
It is my understanding, and it has even been posted on the site that Insurance on the UK is VERY VERY affordable. Will you take a stand this time and insure your kittens? If not, how are you going to plan for emergency expenses? This is for YOUR sake as much as your kitties sake....

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

RussianKitten, It has been brought up several times, but we have not had a response from you. It is clear to me you are not financially capable of dealing with a medical emergency with the kittens.
It is my understanding, and it has even been posted on the site that Insurance on the UK is VERY VERY affordable. Will you take a stand this time and insure your kittens? If not, how are you going to plan for emergency expenses? This is for YOUR sake as much as your kitties sake....
Carolinalima, RussianKitten has responded 3 times on the previous page.

I'm sure she'll respond again when she gets the time to.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RussianKitten, I am so sorry, I don't want to seem cruel ...But any sympathy I may have for you is immensely overshadowed by the sadness I feel for the cats you abandoned
I think you need real time help- and I think coming on here and saying all of this isn't going to help although I do agree that recognizing that there is a problem is the first step. I wish I could help, I've had some mental issues myself and I know it's difficult for people without the mental disease to understand- well now I feel like those people who just don't understand so I really don't have any advice besides get help from somewhere else

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meminikitty

Carolinalima, RussianKitten has responded 3 times on the previous page.

I'm sure she'll respond again when she gets the time to.
Not to this specific question - the insurance question, which is tied up to her ability to financially provide to these kitties, and not put herself and the kitties into a bad situation in the future.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As someone who has had kittens dumped on her porch with notes or pleas inside, I will say please stop "rescuing" kittens and cats and start rescuing yourself. Many times, when a cat appears here, I haven't got the room, nor has anyone else in the area. So what do I do? I open my home and let the new one inside, isolate the newcomer from the group and over time release the new one into general population. If done correctly and slowly there are no conflicts other than spitting and hissing. I will stop now because saying anything else will just put me on the same level of the persons who dump their cats on me just to "get rid of them."

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't see what this has to do with anything. I'm sorry, but not insuring your pets does not mean you are a bad pet owner. In fact, I know very few people (except on here) that have pet insurance. I don't have pet insurance, but I do have a savings account for them. It's a great idea, I agree (and I have been looking into it), but lets take it one step at a time here.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RussianKitten

I plan on showing this to my support worker on Friday when I am seeing her next. I am not entirely sure where to go from there but she will help me.

She will probably encourage me to rehome two of my cat (the kittens). I really honestly feel I can care for them though.

Oh I don't know what to think. I've been going round in circles for to long.

One things for sure there is no way I will be buying anymore cats. I want to keep the three I've got. I want to do the best thing for them
One question I have....can you request another case worker? This one doesn't seem to be doing anything for you except focusing on your cats (from what you've said). Has she done anything to help you with the rest of what is going on in your life? IE school, job interviews, gerneral stress, etc? What DOES she help you with? I'm not trying to make her out to be a demon, but it seems like the past months she hasn't helped you much. Maybe you should see if you could request someone else. Some people respond better to others and they build an understanding of whats going on.

Another question I have...are you on any medication for your disorder? It's not a bad thing to be taking something to help make you feel better. But, you do have to see a doctor for that. An Imbalance in the brain can be helped with medication. It may make the world of difference.

Bottom line, I just want to see YOU happy and healthy, and your kitties well taken care of. I am by NO MEANS giving medical advice. But, I am here if you want to talk or vent. PM me anytime.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I don't see what this has to do with anything. I'm sorry, but not insuring your pets does not mean you are a bad pet owner. In fact, I know very few people (except on here) that have pet insurance. I don't have pet insurance, but I do have a savings account for them. It's a great idea, I agree (and I have been looking into it), but lets take it one step at a time here.
It has everything to do with it, IMO. If you go back to her post, the first 3 kittens, she gave it away because she didn't have another 100 pounds to pay for an emergency.
If you continue to read the thread, you will see that she is in no financial place to take care of these kitties if an emergency arise. She has no $$ to take them to get spayed in a regular clinic, so is getting them to a low cost clinic.
I am not saying that if you don't have insurance you are not a good pet owner. Never I have said that. It all depends on each individual situation. What I am doing here, is looking at HER (this thread is about HER) situation, and trying to help her to prevent a further catastrophe. Why, because in the UK you can buy a pretty decent cat insurance for about $10 a month.
Than is all I am saying. I am NOT advocating Pet insurance here - I am going back to what happened in her past, and trying to help her make sure she covers all bases so that the same things don't happen again in the future.
And this can be easily done by insuring her pet.
So Calico2222, this is about the OP, not about anybody else... including me, you, or really anybody else. For her, Insurance IMO can be very very beneficial. So please let's just think about the OP and her kitties; let's just concentrate on her issues, and try to help her, instead of carrying what is right or wrong in our lives.
Her situation, after all, is completely different from any of ours........

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason I feel like she didnt' abandon those cats just because she didn't have the money. I think there is more to it. She said only one of her cats was being aggressive towards another one but yet she left all four of them on someone's doorstep, not just the one that was causing problems...
I really don't think her ability to care for them is the reason why she abandons them, I think it's for another reason that none of us can comprehend that has to do with her mental problems.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It has everything to do with it, IMO. If you go back to her post, the first 3 kittens, she gave it away because she didn't have another 100 pounds to pay for an emergency.
If you continue to read the thread, you will see that she is in no financial place to take care of these kitties if an emergency arise. She has no $$ to take them to get spayed in a regular clinic, so is getting them to a low cost clinic.
I am not saying that you don't have insurance you are not a good pet owner. what I am doing here, is looking at HER (this thread is about HER) situation, and trying to prevent a further catastrophe. Why, because in the UK you can buy a pretty decent cat insurance for about $10 a month.
Than is ALL i am saying. I am NOT advocating Pet insurance here - I am going back to what happened in her past, and trying to make sure she covers all bases so that the same things don't happen again in the future.
And this can be easily done by insuring her pet.
So Calico2222, this is about the OP, not about anybody else... including me, you, or really anybody else. For her, Insurance IMO can be very very beneficial. So please let's just think about the OP and HER kitties.
Ok, ok...I'm sorry. I'm just saying, with her, lets take it one step at a time. I think it's a great idea since it is so cheap there, but we don't want to overload her right now.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seemed like she talked so lightly about abandoning those cats. Yes, there were a lot of tears and regreat after it was already done, but that was all afterwards. I think the issue here is why does she feel like she can just get rid of a cat and not feel any responsibility whatsoever?? It seemed like she thought it was okay to get rid of the cats for a moment there, and then began to feel bad and worry.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Utopia -
It is called Self-defeating....
She did it the first time, and the remorse was so great that to redeem herself she thought she needed to help some kitties, but needed to do it in a bigger way.... But it got overwhelming.... so she dumped them again.... then the remorse came again.... then the kitties again.... and remorse.... kitties.... remorse.... and like that it becomes a never ending cycle....
She keeps putting herself into a situation that will get her in trouble, and to fix it she gets rid of the kittens.... Then the remorse comes and all starts again.
She is right now, right in the middle of it.... Where she need help to break the cycle and stay at it, and forgive herself for the past and start fresh...
There is true remorse, there is true pain... more than anything, she does need help, close to her, to stop.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Ok, ok...I'm sorry. I'm just saying, with her, lets take it one step at a time. I think it's a great idea since it is so cheap there, but we don't want to overload her right now.
I know - overload is the last thing I want too... which is why I am suggesting the insurance.... God forbid something happens to one of the kitties, you know??

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm just happy that all the cats she decided not to keep are in good homes. And she is trying to do better for her 3 remaining ones... That is what she told us... we'll just have to wait and see.

RussianKitten: don't forget that those cats depend on you for everything, without you they couldn't survive. You are their caretaker, without you they are nothing . You're their mommy and they love you very, very much. No matter what you do or whatever mistake you make, they'll always love you. That's the beauty of animals

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meminikitty

I'm just happy that all the cats she decided not to keep are in good homes. And she is trying to do better for her 3 remaining ones... That is what she told us... we'll just have to wait and see.
We don't know that. The first group, if this indeed happened, were left on a random door step. One returned to her on his own, she doesn't know how. No telling what happened to the other three.

Status
Not open for further replies.