Tidy Cat Breeze Litterbox System!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

They're less than what you said you think the Breeze box costs, $18.50 vs "$30ish". FP offers discounted shipping for quantity orders. Maybe you wouldn't buy the Breeze boxes either and are just using them cuz they were free???
Oh definately yes. With how many cats I have, I use gigantic rubbermaid tubs, it's so much easier. I wouldn't buy any commercial LB because they simply aren't large enough.

I would never have bought the Breeze LB system myself. Look at them yes, then laugh because I've got a mental image of wall-to-wall litterboxes!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like feline pine either. I don't like the sawdust stuff that gets so hard. And my cats just won't even use it. I think when she said $30ish it meant the litter box itself?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The litterbox system includes:

litterbox w/ scoop (20,3" x 15.2" x 11.8")
1 bag of litter pellets (3.5 lbs)
4 cat pads (a month's worth)

I'm not sure on the price, it was maybe $20, maybe $30.....I guess I didn't look at price because I would never actually buy one.
But there was no point in letting them be thrown away at the humane society!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feline Pine is for my rabbits, my cats wont use them. When Kayden had complications from his neuter I didn't want him using clumping litter so gave him Feline Pine. He would pee in it but decided that he rather poop on his pillow.

I know what you mean. I'll take in and use free stuff but doesn't mean I'll like it or buy it myself.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Oh definately yes. With how many cats I have, I use gigantic rubbermaid tubs, it's so much easier. I wouldn't buy any commercial LB because they simply aren't large enough.
Yeah, I use the large storage boxes also. I make them into sifting boxes to use with FP though. I think the "standard" size litter boxes are just too small. Even an average size cat doesn't have much maneuvering room in them.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw this system at Wal-Mart yesterday. Tidy cat must be pushing them right now!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter bought one for her cat Christy & the cats love it!!! And JC, as a 19lb. Maine Coon, has no problems using it either - somehow he "fits" which irritates Christy (which is probably the reason that JC chooses to use it
).
But the price prohibits me from using it, so I just provide plenty of boxes filled with Chicken Feed Krackettes blended with unscented clumping - and my cats keep their pee & poop separated that way and the odors are kept way, way down.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just ordered an FP sifting box in the mail...It sounds really small (dimension wise), I'll see what I think when I get it... I wonder if the holes in the "breeze" would work for FP as well... If so, it sounds a bit larger than the FP box and looks like it has higher sides.

Art

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artgecko

I just ordered an FP sifting box in the mail...It sounds really small (dimension wise), I'll see what I think when I get it... I wonder if the holes in the "breeze" would work for FP as well... If so, it sounds a bit larger than the FP box and looks like it has higher sides.

Art
The pan at the bottom where the pad is supposed to go doesn't look big enough to serve as an area for FP sawdust to accumulate.

If you want a larger FP sifting box it's easy to make your own.

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the Walmart sales flier in my mail today it had the Tidy Cat Breeze Litterbox System listed for $33.67. A bit pricy for us and I'm not so sure my cats would be interested. They're very particular about their hooded boxes & the non clumping litter that gets scooped daily & changed out weekly.

In the sales flier there was also Forest Pine & Lavender scented litters. My husband & I joked that would be the perfect in"scent"ive to make sure our cats quit using the litter boxes.

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, quick question--are the pellets clumping for the poops? Like, do they coat them? Sorry to be graphic, but depending on how much wet my guy eats, his poops can be "looser" at times--not diarrhea, of course, but softer. We tried crystal litter and ended up with sort of a mess.

Also, if the urine passes through the pellets, doesn't some of the urine stick to the pellets and cause them to smell?

How often do you have to change the pellets?

Sorry for so many questions, but it's an interesting system.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

The pan at the bottom where the pad is supposed to go doesn't look big enough to serve as an area for FP sawdust to accumulate.
You are correct, it wouldn't hold FP sawdust, you'd just have a mess!

Originally Posted by Eliot'sMom

OK, quick question--are the pellets clumping for the poops? Like, do they coat them? Sorry to be graphic, but depending on how much wet my guy eats, his poops can be "looser" at times--not diarrhea, of course, but softer. We tried crystal litter and ended up with sort of a mess.

Also, if the urine passes through the pellets, doesn't some of the urine stick to the pellets and cause them to smell?

How often do you have to change the pellets?

Sorry for so many questions, but it's an interesting system.
Looser stools might kinda "drip" through the grate & make a mess. The pellets don't seem to absorb any urine at all, so there is no smell it all kinda just "slides" off the pellets & down to the pad below.

So far, no one else has done anything but try to eat the pellets out of it.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this just might be perfect for me.
Since I'll be living in a travel trailer, odor is going to be huge concern to me.
I'll only have Spaz with me, and she'll only 7lbs, so the size isn't an issue.
She's also extremely accepting of any change as long as I don't make a big deal of it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far, no poopers in the box, so not sure how it covers the smell of poop.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't use the FP because I'm allergic to it. Any idea what these pellets are made of?

At the moment, Riley wouldn't fit in one of these. He has the Van Ness Xtra Giant box and will probably go to a rubbermaid if he keeps growing

If they make one of these bigger in the future though it might be a possibility.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The pellets have no scent what so ever. Not sure what they're made of, but they don't crumble like FP, either.