Tidy Cat Breeze Litterbox System!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mschauer- I may end up doing just that...my FP box that I ordered came in today cracked...So I'll be sending it back. Good news? It's about the same size as their current box, so hopefully not too small.

Art

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for my other post, I was too lazy to search this out until now. I really like the idea of this system. My cats are both young so I am thinking they would adapt pretty well. I have 2 cats, I think the change the pad once a week and pellets once a month is based on 1 cat, do you think you could just double that for 2? And what would the cost be for the pellets and pads then?

Thanks.
And if anyone has kitties that have used this (who actually poop in it
) do you like the system?

I currently have the booda dome litterbox (with stairs inside) and they still track all over, and I made the mistake of buying a cheap litter and it STINKS PU!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

We're all waiting on the edges of our seats for the poop report!
You'll just have to keep waiting. Still no poop!

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I just joined the site today after reading the discussion thread here on the Tidy Cats Breeze System.

I have 9 cats, all rescues as kittens except one; ages range now from 3 years old to 8 years old. Despite the general rule of one box per cat plus one, I have 6 litterboxes and have used the Tidy Cats for Small Spaces. I'm SO DONE WITH SCOOPING and really want to try the Breeze System but the one time I changed litters, from scoopable to Sweat Scoop, there was great resistance ... and lots of urine on the floor.

Anyway, for those of you with multi-cat households, do you find that each cat has taken to it? Do you have any tips to get each cat to take to it?

I'm just leary because I read where animal behaviorists have said cats prefer soft, small pieces on their paw pads and from what I've seen so far, those pellets are big and hard. I read the suggestion of mixing pellets with the old litter and will try that. I also read the suggestion of letting the old litterbox go rank, but quite honestly with asthma & allergies and apartment quarters, I can't do this.

Right now, the WalMart in my area has a rollback price of $32.00 for the system; I'd start with one but would probably get 4 in total, maybe 5. The biggest cost I'm anticipating is the urine pads because I suspect I'll be changing those once, if not twice a day. Still beats the cost of two 27 gallon buckets of litter a week.

Any suggestions or convincing you can give me into just taking the plunge and getting the system would be greatly appreciated!! I went to WalMart twice already with the intention of buying it and walked out empty handed. I just can't make up my mind with certainty that all 9 of my crew will take to it.

Thanks!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I change the pads every 1-2 days for my 5 cats using it, however, I doubt all of them use it.

PJ & Punky are around 10 lbs, muscular, & just can't make themselves fit into the box nicely enough to use it, when they do it isn't always 100% in the box.

I have the TC Breeze system alongside other boxes in my house, I won't use just one type because I know with multi-cat households everyone has a different preference.

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. I was thinking that if I switched to the Breeze system to at least keep one regular box available.

So your PJ & Punky are 10 pounds muscular and can't quite fit in the box. Our weights range from 9 to 13 pounds; some muscle, some not so.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PJ & Punky also aren't the brightest crayons in the box. But I have noticed my smaller cats prefer the Breeze, whereas the larger ones won't use it.
The boys are probably my biggest, except for Squishy who couldn't get his fat 13 lb behind in the breeze to use it.

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for posting the link to the other discussion. Don't know how I missed it but am reading through now and getting more and more convinced on buying the Breeze system with each post! You guys are great, thanks!

ilovelucy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I too just joined this forum after looking for experience from others on this system. I set it up 6 days ago beside another box filled with clumping litter and am only having minor success with the system. I paid $33.00 in Wal-Mart but have a coupon for a $10.00 rebate. It was being demonstrated in the store and I was looking for something to reduce the tracking of clumping litter through my house. This sure does eliminate that problem. I have found a few pellets (they are rock hard) outside the box but it is quick and easy to pick them up and toss them back into the box. I have three cats. The box is being used occasionally but I'm not sure by who. No one is pooping in it yet but the girl who was demonstrating it in the store said it took 2 weeks for her cats to start pooping in it. So I can provide no experience in how well it will work for that part of the process. Tidy Cat suggests that after 3 days it should be accepted. I called them for additional tips and had a very long wait to talk to someone. That kind of told me they are getting a lot of calls on this system. I was told to try it for 10 days and was also quickly offered the opportunity of a refund for the system. That too didn't sound encouraging. I think the concept is good but getting them to use it is another story. I am not giving up yet since I think it could be a great system if everybody used it. Time will tell.............

zoopc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was searching for other experience on it.

I am new with three cats in a small one bedroom.

I bought this system the other day with an idea at hand, one was to cut down on expense with sacrificing quality. and to have more then one box. I saw this in walmart and got to thinking about it. the thing is the pellets are suppose to be changed once a month at least, maybe with heavy use, much more.

the cost for a bag of pellets was about 5-7 dollars.

the pads which are to be changed every 3-7 days.

think they were about 5 for 4 of them.

so running the numbers from a financial standpoint

7 a month for pellets, 20 for pads. 27 bucks a month. now this is conservitive too.

but the pads which are the things used mostly are really nothing more then puppy training pads used for house breaking dogs. at least in principle. now I had an idea to cut the puppy pads to fit the tray and use them. walmart sells the pads for about 5 for 30 of them and by estimates I think you could get two out of one pad by cutting it to size. not sure if that will ruin the pad as I have not tried it yet.

but my experience with the box is this. dont think it is really deep enough so I am going to get a second bag of them cause they did and I have not been able to get them to poop in it yet. so my experinece is limited to the pee. the pellets become discolored and the urine passes through to the pad. they are peeing in it but I have not pulled the old litter box yet. once that is done they might start using the other. as far as urine goes, it traps it good and no smell from it. you can rotate the tray to get "even coverage"

as far as poop goes, well I would think the normal would just sit or be buried and then I imagine it would smell initially but does with regular litter anyhow. one to five minutes tops for my cats. I am getting another bag today and pulling the old one too. as for the times where it is a bit messy, well I imagine it will stick to the pellets and might get messy to clean out. still depends on how much that happens too. still in theroy as they have not yet.

the reason I tell you all this is first to share but second because the more that use it the better and the more it will come down and the more improvements done. it certainly will eliminate a lot of waste and mess. I have mine in the bathroom on the tile and clumping litter in there is a nightmare . they track it in the bathtub and everywhere. so I welcome a change.

having said that. I would like to figure out a DIY way to incorporate it into a a litter maid breeze hybrid. build a deeper box, with the self cleaner and the pellets and the pad. make it a bit covered and you would have what we have, a toilet. I know they have a cat toilet system too but it is extreamly high and prohibitive

I will post my finding on the results once it has been further along.

zoopc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
put another bag in there and got some results. so in answering the question posted earlier. basically the pellets cover the poop like a sprinkle donut. and when I got the new bag there was a large chunk of the material in it and to me it looks and seems like sandstone but probebly compressed clay. on the bag it says they are made in japan(the pellets)

like I figured there was a smell for a few minutes. now to get the other two to make the switch. the other box is removed and the new one is placed in the same spot. I think the second bag and no alternative did it. my guess is if you buy three bags you would be good for a month . comes up to about 18 to 20 dollars. then the pads are 16.9x11.4 and the puppy pads I mentioned that I found this time at miegjers were 22x22 and 15 bucks for 50 of them. I will experiment with this one in the weekwhen I run out of the intial.

supply and demand. if tidy cat gets alot of people buying them, then there will be competition and price drops so, if done right and well, this system might just bring down the clumping litter industry. I truly think it is better system at least as far as smell goes and I for one, would like to see it succeed and improve