This Poor Cat

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a miracle you have going on. All these fur babies to care for. Bless you for caring for all of them. I know what a full time job kittens can be, let alone your human family. Lots of luck to you, and all the kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh, it does. But, its to the point Wy won't eat near Noami, because Naomi will push her out of the way and eat her food.
Then they need separate feeding stations.  Naomi isn't thinking of Wi as a mother with kittens to feed, she's just thinking that she's hungry!, and Wi has little or no defense against her own mother.  But she's carrying half of the kitten feeding load, so she needs extra food as much as Naomi does.

A dozen kittens in the house certainly does complicate matters, doesn't it?  Just don't expect the adult cats to be "fair" to one another.  It's not in their nature.

Margret

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Then they need separate feeding stations.  Naomi isn't thinking of Wi as a mother with kittens to feed, she's just thinking that she's hungry!, and Wi has little or no defense against her own mother.  But she's carrying half of the kitten feeding load, so she needs extra food as much as Naomi does.

A dozen kittens in the house certainly does complicate matters, doesn't it?  Just don't expect the adult cats to be "fair" to one another.  It's not in their nature.

Margret
 I do tend to humanize the cats. for sure.  I feel bad for Wynonna sometimes.  

I do feed them separately.  I put Noami in one place and Wy all the way over on the other side of the room. Naomi will eat some, but NOT ALL of her food, then cross the room and nudge Wy  out of the way. 

I've taken to  picking up Wy's food and moving it to where she is.  I just want to make sure she's getting enough. she's so skinny  I might start weighing HER! lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It will be good when ALL the kittens wean so these poor moms can catch a break!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I do tend to humanize the cats. for sure.  I feel bad for Wynonna sometimes.  

I do feed them separately.  I put Noami in one place and Wy all the way over on the other side of the room. Naomi will eat some, but NOT ALL of her food, then cross the room and nudge Wy  out of the way. 

I've taken to  picking up Wy's food and moving it to where she is.  I just want to make sure she's getting enough. she's so skinny  I might start weighing HER! lol
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, and the food is always better in the other cat's saucer.  Sigh.  Poor Wynonna.  Take Wy to the other room and feed her behind closed doors?

Was that one of Wy's kittens escaping?  It looked smaller.  Naomi certainly had a point.  Wynonna's instinct was to wash the kitten's face, Naomi knows that kittens have to have a bit of discipline when they do something dangerous.

Margret

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was one of Wy's 4.   They are 4 1/2 weeks old and want to explore. 

I can't bring her into another room- the cattery is in  the basement it's about 1900 SF- with lots of stuff and areas to get lost. So I sit with them, and make sure she gets food.   

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
I'd recommend 3 feeding stations.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's a great picture! Classic! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These pictures make me wonder how any of them can breathe!  I have trouble with just one cat lying on my belly.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Three?/ Why?
With three feeding stations:
  1. There's enough for leftovers. so the food situation feels less desperate to Naomi..
  2. When Naomi decides she wants a different food dish, she has a choice and may be confused into selecting the one Wynonna isn't using.
  3. Extra security for Wynonna.  She has a choice of feeding stations, which may clue her in to the fact that when Naomi steals her food, Naomi leaves her own dish unguarded. 
Margret