Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

That's fantastic!! poo to anyone trying to tell you what's good for your little boy! he's getting fit!
Tha amazing Disappearing Mittens!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another weigh in day and we are holding at 19 pounds!
Got to get a little more activity going apparently!

We have to place two child gates on top of each other to keep him in the kitchen at night so he doesn't howl in our faces at 3am for food, well apparently he's lost enough that he can now jump over both of them
......now for my next ordeal with him...trying to keep him from waking us up for food!
Don't worry, he's not starving!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before and afters for everyone!

I think he looks like he's lost a LOT! (and he has, 20% weight reduction already! Weight Watchers would be proud!)

The cute but pudgy Mittens

The fitter, better Mittens!

I tried to use similar shots, but really, he is looking more sleek!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wooooo hoooooo!!
Nominated for slimmer of the year!!.

Thanks for putting the before and after shots up Denise because you can really see a difference!.

Candie i bet your so proud of your baby!!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, thanks for posting that Denise! As soon as Photobucket or the server (one of the two?) stops acting weird, I can actually views pics. I think its Photobucket because I can view my pics just fine and a few others, but most of them I just see Red X's....

And yes..I am really proud of him! I know he feels a lot better too. He really does love running up and down the hallway, especially this morning...he woke Zack up

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to take Mittens in to a new vet today, I really like them
He has been peeing outside the box off and on, and he stopped doing it for awhile and then he sprayed twice yesterday. Just got back with him and they couldn't get a sample, but they went ahead and gave him a shot and some antibiotics for a week. If he stops using it outside the box, it's working, if he does it again in 2 weeks, I will take him back for furthur tests. Just need some good vibes that it is just a bladder infection and nothing more serious.
Also, they weighed him and I just loved it when it said: 19.13 pounds! An official reading by the vet! He's doing so great!!

zoggy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. 24 pounds? Thats a fat kitty!

He lost 5lbs though, thats good. I think he would have to lose another 5-7lbs for us to really notice the difference though. Keep up the good work!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoggy

Wow. 24 pounds? Thats a fat kitty!

He lost 5lbs though, thats good. I think he would have to lose another 5-7lbs for us to really notice the difference though. Keep up the good work!
He was 24, now he is 19. In pics you really can't see the difference, but when I pick him up, you can tell and in person.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candie, sending some good vibes out to Mittens that it's nothing serious. Way to go with the weight loss too! That's great!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mittens has been through a rough time in the last 3 months, so we've put his weight loss on hold--but he is losing weight on his new food, Hill's W/D. I will have him weighed again in a few weeks when I feel it is neccessary. I want to thank everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers throughout the last year

kc&sherman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just popped in on this thread because KC is currently on a diet himself. He weighs in at 19lbs which is still a lot.
He's going slow and steady though on a diet of Indoor Cat Food, smaller helpings, and one energetic Sherman to play with. Congrats on your story Mittens!! Now you and KC can be 19 pounders together!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kc&sherman

Just popped in on this thread because KC is currently on a diet himself. He weighs in at 19lbs which is still a lot.
He's going slow and steady though on a diet of Indoor Cat Food, smaller helpings, and one energetic Sherman to play with. Congrats on your story Mittens!! Now you and KC can be 19 pounders together!
Due to Mittens' illness (started in Oct 2005), his weight loss is not a priority right now

He's actually at 16 pounds now.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Mittens' recent health issues that have been ongoing for the last 8 months, I feel that closing this thread would be a good idea since his weight is stable for now. As a mother
, I feel that his urinary problems are more of a focus now. I appreciate all the support you have all given. We couldn't have lost these pounds without your support!!

Status
Not open for further replies.