This is going to be one for the books! Transitioning Lucky, Bugsy and Hope to Raw.... Challenges Gal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
03/1/12 -
Late Night Dinner

They say a picture is worth a thousand words..... so a Video is worth a million?
The post today for late night dinner is a video post - it says it all :clap::clap::clap:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Lucky: Kibbles only.... No raw :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will be happy to share the love :hugs:
Let me go to the UPS store this weekend and check the packaging situation.... In any event, I did find a place that sells dry ice and ships near me - I will be calling them too :) You will Love Rad Cat- it is GREAT stuff!!! My cats are just going nuts for the meat.... Lucky did like chicken.... but now.... well.... what's the point? Someone might as well enjoy it - Plus, I have tons of Turkey here, which all of them can enjoy, including her :bigthumb:
:hugs:
:hugs::heart3: I DO hope my pickies like Rad Cat :cross: I know Walden and Wendall will - they are never a problem. Appreciate this SO MUCH :jump: :happy3: :clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
03/1/12 -
Late Night Dinner
They say a picture is worth a thousand words..... so a Video is worth a million?
The post today for late night dinner is a video post - it says it all :clap::clap::clap:
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Lucky: Kibbles only.... No raw :(
OMG - Carolina - I don't know why... but I am crying right now :lol3: :sobbing: :rofl: I am so happy for your carnies - Hope and Bugsy. MY God - are they ever precious babies. :love: :love: I was looking for Lucky's feet under that door behind Hope. I didn't see any shadow - if that is Lucky's eating room :dk: ANYHOO - I am SO envious and so wish I could see ALL of my cats eating that way. WOW those were the perfectly sized slices for chewing and cleaning teeth. I so wish for that someday :sigh: :sobbing: :bigmouth: :heart3: (I am filled with emotion this morning, I guess :flail:)

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow!  That looks like a lot of turkey, but then again, Bugsy is a lot of CAT
.  So, is that thigh meat?  And is it from Hare Today?  So glad it was a hit

(So, I'm thinking Texas must be the only place that sells Rad Cat, because here in AZ, no one has heard of it either, and we're a lot closer than IL!  What's the deal with them anyway...are they just starting out or something?)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - Carolina - I don't know why... but I am crying right now :lol3: :sobbing: :rofl: I am so happy for your carnies - Hope and Bugsy. MY God - are they ever precious babies. :love: :love: I was looking for Lucky's feet under that door behind Hope. I didn't see any shadow - if that is Lucky's eating room :dk: ANYHOO - I am SO envious and so wish I could see ALL of my cats eating that way. WOW those were the perfectly sized slices for chewing and cleaning teeth. I so wish for that someday :sigh: :sobbing: :bigmouth: :heart3: (I am filled with emotion this morning, I guess :flail:)
Awwww honey :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :alright:
Lucky's eating room is actually behind me, so you didn't see her.... she was actually busy munching on her kibbles by then :lol3: I also dream, like you, that one day, my little :princess: will be eating like that :cross:
Yep, I cut the meat pretty generously - make sure they will not just swallow it - they have to cut and chew. I already started with chicken breast, which is pretty soft, with larger pieces..... Then the second meat was pork - a little tougher..... and now turkey legs..... tougher.... They have no problems cutting it and chewing.... And they LOVE it :clap::clap::clap::clap:
So far they love all the meats, but they have gone insane for pork - I think like us, they like all that is a little on the junkier side :lol3:

Wow!  That looks like a lot of turkey, but then again, Bugsy is a lot of CAT ;) .  So, is that thigh meat?  And is it from Hare Today?  So glad it was a hit :)

(So, I'm thinking Texas must be the only place that sells Rad Cat, because here in AZ, no one has heard of it either, and we're a lot closer than IL!  What's the deal with them anyway...are they just starting out or something?)
That is 2oz of meat - and yes, Bugsy is a lot of cat in his 20lb 6oz :lol3: 6oz a day is less than 2% of his weight, so he is not eating much at all! He is actually supposedly on a diet - supposedly because the only thing missing is him losing weight :flail:
Yes, that is thigh meat, from Hare today - great meat, very fresh, free-range.... treated and packed for raw feeding... I bought all my organs and cuts from them - very happy with it :nod: The kids are loving it, and I am comfortable with it - I am a bit afraid of sourcing meat just anywhere for now, especially with Bugsy's issues with corn-fed chicken..... So HT works for me :nod:
Rad Cat is sold in Arizona.... In phoenix - I am sure more stores carry it also - you can give them a call and find out where they have it - I noticed their website is not up to date in some states..... TX for example :nod:
1 Pawsitive Foods
15414 N 19th Ave
Suite G
Phenix, Az. 85023 US
Telephone: 602.866.PAWS (7297)

2 Bone Appetite Bakery
4810 East Ray Rd
Ste 5
Phoenix, Az. 85044 US
Telephone: 480.785.9499

Oh Carolina... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bigthumb:
Thank you hun :hugs:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
03/02/12 -
Day 66 Breakfast

Sorry for the delay peeps - mom had a monster migraine, and didn't get to the computer until just recently.... ouchie!

Breakfast today for Hope and Bugsy was Hare Today ground Rabbit - Let's just say thank goodness they like this meat - it makes my life easier :nod:
I went ahead and supplemented the Calcium for the day in it - I figured they will eat the meat today.... at least most of it anyways.... Again, that is 1/4 tsp of Calcium, as 1/8tsp per ea 2oz of boneless meat :nod:
Hope ate most of her food with the first WL sprinkle, and needed a couple light ones to finish..... and let's be honest - some messy finger feeding was involved :rolleyes:

Bugsy on the other hand, was harder..... He did eat a good portion, over 1/2 of it with the first WL sprinkle..... then stopped. Nothing I would do made him eat...... until that is.... I remembered the dry liver treats in my fridge and the tip of rubbing them together to turn into a fine powder :clap::clap::clap: THANK YOU Laurie :hugs: It worked like a charm!!! A fine coat and he was on again - finished the entire thing, getting all his probiotics and calcium for the day :woohoo:
I think this will be my trick for Bugsy :bigthumb:

Today in the menu we have Pork trims and Turkey heart! :clap::clap::clap: :cross: they will love the turkey heart!

Lucky had kibbles and no raw....... Hopefully soon she will get back on track..... we will continue to try... every day.... I will start adding tiny bits of cuts of meat to her plate too.... see if she eats it.... We will see....

Poop-o-Meter Report

Bugsy just pooped in front of me - this is the very first poop-o-meter report after starting Frankerprey! I have to say I was very nervous as he was not introduced properly to any of these meats - he went straight to a full meal of pork, turkey leg, and tried of a bunch or organs he never had before...... I was expecting a little explosion :lol3:
But nope - PERFECT Report folks! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Could not be better!!! :woohoo:
Seems that he is getting everything in the right amounts here :bigthumb:
Bugsy is taking this diet like a little pro! :woo:

Everyone else is having perfect reports too..... unfortunately after being used to raw poops....... Having kibble poops in the house is a bit shocking :shocker: So stinky and SO much bigger! :dash:
Lucky....... for momma...... back to raw Please!! :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww honey :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :alright:
Lucky's eating room is actually behind me, so you didn't see her.... she was actually busy munching on her kibbles by then :lol3: I also dream, like you, that one day, my little :princess: will be eating like that :cross:
Yep, I cut the meat pretty generously - make sure they will not just swallow it - they have to cut and chew. I already started with chicken breast, which is pretty soft, with larger pieces..... Then the second meat was pork - a little tougher..... and now turkey legs..... tougher.... They have no problems cutting it and chewing.... And they LOVE it :clap::clap::clap::clap:
So far they love all the meats, but they have gone insane for pork - I think like us, they like all that is a little on the junkier side :lol3:
:rofl: I think you are right about that - Porky Pigs - Cats and Humans alike..... I am still thinking about that video and DREAMING of the day :9: :9:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone else is having perfect reports too..... unfortunately after being used to raw poops....... Having kibble poops in the house is a bit shocking :shocker: So stinky and SO much bigger! :dash:
Lucky....... for momma...... back to raw Please!! :lol3:
OMG - couldn't agree more. The raw fed cat's poops are almost too good to be true :flail: That in itself makes me want them ALL on 100% raw like the two W's....... :9: :9: :lol3:

Lucky and Perla - those little adorable :princess:..... we just have to keep hoping and keep trying with them. :cross: ;)

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I'm sorry, I don't remember - you haven't fed a meal of hearts yet, right? I think they'll take to it just fine based on what just happened here. :lol3: :vibes: :cross:

:woohoo: on the poop-o-meter report! :bigthumb:

....and just keep offering :princess: Lucky those pieces... she'll get there! :hugs:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Carolina, thank you so much for finding Rad Cat for me locally.  I have asked several stores around here, and none of them have heard of it!  (and they claim to be natural pet food stores... humph!)

That one store on Ray Road is very close to our best friends' house. 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina, thank you so much for finding Rad Cat for me locally.  I have asked several stores around here, and none of them have heard of it!  (and they claim to be natural pet food stores... humph!)

That one store on Ray Road is very close to our best friends' house.  :woohoo:
You are welcome hun - call them before to make sure they carry it and have it on stock.... You can call Rad Cat too, and ask if they have a store around your house.... The favorite here is Lamb, then turkey, then chicken.......

OMG - couldn't agree more. The raw fed cat's poops are almost too good to be true :flail: That in itself makes me want them ALL on 100% raw like the two W's....... :9: :9: :lol3:
Lucky and Perla - those little adorable :princess:..... we just have to keep hoping and keep trying with them. :cross: ;)
Yep, for sure they will get there - trying our patience every step of the way :lol3: but they will get there :cross:

Carolina, I'm sorry, I don't remember - you haven't fed a meal of hearts yet, right? I think they'll take to it just fine based on what just happened here. :lol3: :vibes: :cross:
:woohoo: on the poop-o-meter report! :bigthumb:
....and just keep offering :princess: Lucky those pieces... she'll get there! :hugs:
Not yet - Turkey heart will be tonight..... A bit nervous about the texture..... but they tried a little taste and liked it..... of course all the bets are off when it comes to a whole meal! :cross: they will love it - so far this whole Frankerprey experience has been outstanding! :clap::clap::clap:

Carolina? I'm so sorry about the migraine. :( :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs:
Thanks hun - I feel better now after some Maxalt..... hopefully will have a painfree night :cross:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you order duck hearts? They are smaller and much softer and juicier than the turkey - though turkey heart is not TOO chewy (it seems). Certainly not when compared to gizzards of any kind. :lol3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
03/02/12 -
Day 66 Dinner

This is getting to be too easy :thud: Hope and Bugsy had Pork trims tonight..... I put the plates down and went to serve Lucky's dinner..... A few seconds later when I came back they were almost done already :thud:
It is a beauty to be seen..... really..... There is no need for WL..... no need for any enticement..... nothing..... Put the meat down and watch the feast. They start and don't stop until they are done. Then they sit down and they
I wish I could get that on video.... It is the funniest thing :lol3:
Now even Bugsy is burping too..... I think they are just eating too fast :nod:

Lucky got her kibbles and tiny pieces of cut pork sprinkled with WL..... While she didn't eat them, she did lick and gave it a try..... a start..... I will start giving her pieces of meat so she goes into FP. I will serve whatever is in the menu for the carnies to her - whatever is in the morning she will get (NOT the rabbit, as it has bones), and whatever is in the other meals as well.... That ways she gets used to all the smells, including the organs :nod:
Who knows she finds herself fond of something weird :dk:

This is SO fun!! :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, because you didn't, I will....
Ok, I think I needed a mid more of those tonight :flail:

03/02/12 -
Day 66 Late Night Dinner

Ladies and Gentleman, we have our first BURST

The Turkey Heart was not a success :disa: actually, I was afraid of Hope :barf: :eek:

Bugsy started eating right away, then stopped when got to 1/2 of his meal..... His reaction was not as bad..... A couple of WL sprinkles and he ate the whole thing.....
But Hope..... She didn't what to start, to continue or to end :rolleyes: And Hope is my reliable carnivore :thud: With WL sprinkles and serving on her mouth, she ate just short of 1/2 of it..... But there was absolutely nothing I could do for her to eat the rest..... And she was acting like she had a bit of nausea - she was licking her lips a bit too much for my liking She does have a history of :barf: and boy my brazilian rug doesn't need that tonight :nono:
I had some Pork defrosted and that is what I complemented her food with.... She ate most of it, but left a bit behind - could not eat the last piece.... I did not force as I didn't want to clean up puke tonight...... oh no!

I hope tomorrow's organ meal is at least a tiny bit successful..... but I probably should defrost at least a baggie of chicken breast just in case...... :think: Hopefully these things are anacquired taste and they do come around eventually :cross:

Lucky had kibbles.... her raw was tiny pieces of heart covered with WL chicken - no touching, no licking...... My goodness...... Will she ever come back to raw? :cross:

Last edited:

space1101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Carolina,  what do their poops look like now after you start using calcium supplement.  I also try calcium supplement lately, their poops are dark brown and firm. Aren't poops supposed to be white and easily crumbled?  I don't know if that means I use too little calcium...

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Boo! I knew this would be too good to be true :bawling: Bugsy showed up with diarrhea tonight :bawling:

Which means he reacted VERY fast to something he ate today - as about 4pm he had a perfect poop-o-meter report..... Then on the next meal he had Pork..... which he had had before..... without a reaction..... So I am thinking it hat to be the turkey heart :rolleyes:
To make matters worst, We have hearts 3 times a week.....
So,m change of plans - No organs tomorrow - organs loosens stools and we don't need that :nono: He is going to have Rad Cat Lamb in the am, and two meals of chicken breast - for lunch and dinner. If he doesn't get better, we will do Rad cat for a few days until he gets better again :nod:
He has only gone potty once that I can see - I cleaned up all litterboxes and his bottom too.... I will be watching closely....
Hopefully this will not escalate to full on diarrhea - only soft poop...... but it was liquid.... not soft :(

I have diagel here in case he doesn't get better tomorrow - I want to see if he gets better on his own first though :nod:
Please send some vibes for my boy..... He has done so well.....
I am not discouraged.... This can happen to any kitty going through new meats.... and he has been eating lots of new meats lately, so this is sort of expected.... But unfortunate nonetheless :vibes::vibes::vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina,  what do their poops look like now after you start using calcium supplement.  I also try calcium supplement lately, their poops are dark brown and firm. Aren't poops supposed to be white and easily crumbled?  I don't know if that means I use too little calcium...
LOL our posts crossed...... Until right before Bugsy came up with diarrhea..... brown.... firm.....
The color depends a lot on what you feed, more so than on the calcium itself - when you feed dark meats - beef, lamb, pork - the tendency if for the poop to be darker..... Chicken, turkey, poultry, will give you lighter poop. The perfect poop to me has a bit more moisture than the crumbly dry/hard poop - sometimes my kitties show a bit of signs of constipation when they have that..... I don't think you are using too little calcium, I think you have perfect poop!