There is such thing as a free lunch - sign up!

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@kido I think a lot of people held back from entering thinking that there was someone out there that could use it more than they could.  I know that's what I thought.  It was a lovely idea but I don't envy you for trying to decide which one of the two should receive it.  Maybe put the names on a paper plane and have your fur babies around and what ever plane they play with first is the winner.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@kido I think a lot of people held back from entering thinking that there was someone out there that could use it more than they could.  I know that's what I thought.  It was a lovely idea but I don't envy you for trying to decide which one of the two should receive it.  Maybe put the names on a paper plane and have your fur babies around and what ever plane they play with first is the winner.
You're probably right. I think some people who do care for "just a few" ferals were holding back on entering to make room for those with large colonies. Either way, some lucky kitties will be getting some yummy treats and that's never a bad thing. It was a lovely gesture!! Hugs to @kido for that. Having your cats choose the winner is a great idea, too!!

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

You're probably right. I think some people who do care for "just a few" ferals were holding back on entering to make room for those with large colonies. Either way, some lucky kitties will be getting some yummy treats and that's never a bad thing. It was a lovely gesture!! Hugs to @kido for that. Having your cats choose the winner is a great idea, too!!

and 
    Kitties are great at sorting these things out.  Mouse chose a competition winner once - the winner was the one whose name was on the bit of paper he decided to chew first out of a little pile.  There's all sorts of ways you could get your crew to 'decide'!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was the idea, to let my cats decide, all along. Just wasn't sure if they'd cooperate, so I didn't want to make any promises 
In the end they did great and I have it “on tape”!

Since it's already past 2AM here, I'll upload the draw-video on Tuesday evening. Apologies for yet another delay, Monday got much busier than I expected.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, its alright. Did Yoda himself pick? If you can, could you post a picture of him? Thank you.

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I printed out the two names and put the respective pieces of paper on Cat Dancer. Then I asked my cousin to play with the Esteemed Commission so that they could help us choose the winner.

Although not everyone participated and there was some struggle when it came to tearing the ticket off the toy, I think that Celina's move to pick the winner in the last scene was as pro as it gets 

So, without further ado, here comes the big draw!

The cats have spoken and the winner is:

nansiludie

Congratulations!

I'll let Anne know so you two can get in touch and sort out the shipping details.
I hid the name for the time being so that those of you who like a bit of suspense can watch the video without a spoiler 

Just so you know who's who, in order of appearance:

- Portos (the blonde cute)

- Chester (the ginger cute)

- Ofelia (the gray cute)

- Celina (the calico cute)

- Amelia (the other calico cute)

Oh, and the draw took place in a cabin I built to host my rescues. Project in progress, hence the mess.

Last but not least, I wanted to thank both participants and all of you for your kind words and support.

Last edited:

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Okay, its alright. Did Yoda himself pick? If you can, could you post a picture of him? Thank you.
No, Yoda is waaay past the toy chasing phase. If it ain't got heartbeat, it ain't worth chasing by her book. I asked a few of my other rescues to run the draw, you can see them in the video I posted above.

And this is Yoda, it's a girl BTW:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   CONGRATULATIONS ******** 

Kido, that is a great video showing the fur crew's winner selection process.  It looked like everyone had fun there and sets a great precident for future prize draws.   Love it.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kitties. Sorry about that Yoda. She's a very pretty girl kitty. Such pretty blue eyes. Thank you again @kido for the contest. All of them did look like they had a lot of  fun playing. Was that a cat dancer toy?

Last edited:

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Beautiful kitties. Sorry about that Yoda. She's a very pretty girl kitty. Such pretty blue eyes. Thank you again @kido for the contest. All of them did look like they had a lot of  fun playing. Was that a cat dancer toy?
Don't worry, I know Yoda is suppose to be male's name, but she used to pretend she's Yoda a lot when she was little, and the name just sticked to her:

And yes, that was a Cat Dancer toy, seemed like the right tool for the job.

OK, I hope you'll get these snacks soon so you can share some happy cat pictures. Let's hope they'll like their prize 

Last edited:

happypet6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Just joined and saw your post. Simply wanted to say I also have a Yoda baby. Don't see the name often. TY for loving our furkids!

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Just joined and saw your post. Simply wanted to say I also have a Yoda baby. Don't see the name often. TY for loving our furkids!
Hi and welcome to TCS!

I guess Yodas are a rare breed. BTW, I also have cats named: Padmé, Leia and Luke... and I'm not even Star Wars fan 

Meow the force be with you!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@kido   I received the package today. Its 5 pouches of treats and 4 cans of food. I'll post some pictures once I set it out. Thank you. I'll most likely set it out for the 7 kitties who hang closer to home and not in the woods.

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

@kido   I received the package today. Its 5 pouches of treats and 4 cans of food. I'll post some pictures once I set it out. Thank you. I'll most likely set it out for the 7 kitties who hang closer to home and not in the woods.
Hey, that's great news! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the photos.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay, this is the kitty crew, the ones who hang out closer to home. In the top picture, the cats from left, are Reese, Daisy, Spit Fire, Slippers, Fuzzie and Kit

The bottom cat looking at the Camera is Sweet Pie. 

They all enjoyed it very much. Thank you again Kido and Yoda.