There is such thing as a free lunch - sign up!

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As some of you may have noticed, Yoda has won the latest edition of Picture of the Month contest. Since we're not in the US and cannot receive the prize, she graciously suggested that we should simply donate these delicacies to some Yankee ferals, fed on regular basis by someone from TCS.

So please, help me out here and raise your hand if you are interested. The prize may not be enough for a colony of 30, but I bet it's yummy and will definitely make some felines happy.

Here are a few rules I just came up with:

- I'll wait till next Wednesday (June 3rd) and then pick a winner, either by hand or by a draw, depending on the number of submissions, my mood, the weather and whatnot

- you need to have a proven record of feeding ferals/strays (Friend of Ferals badge, descriptive post on TCS dated prior to my thread, etc.)

- you (and the cats) have to live in the USA, the prize can only be sent to the US address

- upon receiving the prize, you promise not to eat it all by yourself, but instead, offer it to the cats you're regularly feeding, take some pictures (or a video) while they're shoveling it and post it to this thread

- there might be more (or less) rules if I realize I haven't thought of something at the beginning 

This is not an official TCS contest, this is just me, trying to figure out how to give the best use to the prize Yoda has just won and I do have Anne's blessing for doing so.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's very generous of Yoda.

I'm not going to sign up, as I live even further from the US than you do, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread so I can see pictures of cute feral cats enjoying their treat.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a great idea! The ferals I help care for are also outside the U.S.. Knowing how much they enjoy yummy food and treats, I'm looking forward to the photos.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's very nice.  I know there are members on here that can really make good use of this prize.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
     Lovely idea kido. 
    Sadly Mouse is neither feral nor able to eat the food on offer, and I too am far from the US so:  

come on all you feral folk over there!  Get in here and be in with a chance of some yummy munchies for your local kitties! 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lovely idea kido :nod: I'm another one outside the US, but I too am looking forward to seeing some lucky ferals enjoying your gift.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me please, I'm a friend of ferals. I have 24 but not all eat at the same time. It wouldn't matter, I'm sure they'd love it all the same. I'd be very grateful to receive the prize as its sometimes hard to feed so many. You're very kind to pass along the prize. Mine are semi-feral and others are feral.

Last edited:

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would be grateful to receive the prize. I feed 6 semi feral cats, I know there are some who feed a lot of cats and I normally would not do this kind of thing. I struggle to feed my little group. It is so kind of you to help others by giving your prize away.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kido kido

I don't understand when you have little quizzes or whatnot why the prizes can only be sent in the USA. Seems mean to me.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@kido

I don't understand when you have little quizzes or whatnot why the prizes can only be sent in the USA. Seems mean to me.
I think it is the place that offered the prize that said they ship in the US only Stewball - which is why Anne told people about the limitation when she announced the competition.  I think it is a lovely idea that Kido want to give the prize to someone who feeds feral cats.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@kido

It's a wonderful prize, but I would be so excited if one of my cats won a picture contest.  I would love a prize, but if my cat was voted the winner of  a contest...
  And it is wonderful for @kido to offer the prize to those who specifically care for ferals.  Most of them can certainly use the extra help and the results of @kido's kindness is likely a prize unto itself.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@kido

I'd say, it's nice that there are prizes at all 
If I'm right, the one from last month's contest (toys) got sent to the UK so I guess it must depend on the sponsor.

In case of the cat food, there may be one more factor: customs regulations. Most customs authorities in the world could easily reject a parcel with such content or put you through some additional formalities, if they wanted to. This could get unpleasant quickly and contradict the purpose of a prize.

Either way, it is what it is, we all agreed to the rules when we participated and I'm more than happy to donate these treats. It won't go to waste, some cats are up for a tasty surprise and it doesn't really matter to me which country they are from 

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Stewball  you weren't being insensitive, you just didn't realize that the sponsor of the contest doesn't ship out of the US. it's understandable. 

@kido that was very sweet of you and of course the beautiful and generous Yoda to donate the prize. Some very lucky ferals will be enjoying some nice meals thanks to you. 

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Stewball you weren't being insensitive, you just didn't realize that the sponsor of the contest doesn't ship out of the US. it's understandable. :

@kidothat was very sweet of you and of course the beautiful and generous Yoda to donate the prize. Some very lucky ferals will be enjoying some nice meals thanks to you. :clap:  
thank you very much for your kind words. I didn't mean to be negative. Just typed before I thought. If ijupset anybody else isapologise b

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I hope now we can get back to kido's serious business of seeing who lives in the US who has a Friends of Ferals badge and loads of feral / stray cats they want some food for.  

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think this is a wonderful gift from @kido  and Yoda. I don't have any ferals around my house that I feed but I know there are several people around the US who do have colonies. Come on everyone. This is a great treat for a few of your feral babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, in the end I waited a bit longer than till Wednesday, mostly because I was super busy this week. Anyhow, now the submissions are officially over and, to my surprise, we have only two participants:

@nansiludie

@Snugglecat

Thanks for signing up!

Now, I'm not good at these things because if it was up to me, both of you would get a prize for the great job you're doing. Unfortunately I have only one to spare so please, let me just figure out the most impartial way to draw the winner and I shall announce the result no later than Monday.