The worst cat name

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a friend who named her cat "Kim Chee". She thought it was Chinese for "cat". Boy was she mad when I broke it to her that it's Korean for "fermented vegetables"!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You think shouting Apricots is funny? Try going outside and shouting Toes! People really look at you weird then. The good thing is that Toes usually comes the first time.

stmatthew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I once had a cat who was named "Roadkill" by his previous owners. He was a GORGEOUS silver mackrel tabby... With VERY distinct tread-like stripes right down his spine and up his stomach.

After I adopted him, I went through several names for him, finally winding up with, of all things, Skeeter.

Dunno What *I* was thinking, either.

My mom had a hairless kitty she named E.T.

Pooooor little naked baby.

kat_boy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know one of mine has a weird name....Mr.Booger, but he sneezed boogies at me when he was a baby, so it was cute......
But, my friend named hers....Blade???? I mean, what's that?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB kitty was named Highway and one of my current kittens is called Lonestar. These are my two favourite names that I've called my pets.

I must admit we did have a kitty a few years ago called Loonie. Her showname was Skybank Loonie Toones, and we called her Loonie for short. I thought it was cute!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A guy I worked with named a stray cat "Fathead". I was pretty mad until he told me that he was slightly feral, and he asked me about low cost neuter clinics. I gave him the lecture about having him tested, vaccinated and neutered and he did all 3 for this cat plus brought him inside his home. I forgave him for giving "Fathead" his bad name.

I have some weird names for mine:
Shep (a female named after George of the Jungle's faithful "doggy" elephant).
Stumpy: so named because we found him with half a tail. He really deserves a better name than that.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kat_Boy

I know one of mine has a weird name....Mr.Booger, but he sneezed boogies at me when he was a baby, so it was cute......
But, my friend named hers....Blade???? I mean, what's that?
My brother's girlfriend has a cat named Booger, too...for a similar reason.