The worst cat name

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

At the rescue organization I am working with now they have the cutest boy right now who is black with a white stripe down his back. Someone today was saying they should name him "Pepe le Mew"
I dunno about that one either.
That cat is marked like Pixel... i almost named her Flower, after the skunk in 'Bambi'!

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, my cat, Toby(short for Tobias) was called "Sparky" at the dumb friend's league.. it just reminds me of a dog's name, didn't like it one bit. A stray that's adopted my uncle is called "Gato"(spanish word for cat). Not very good names, I'll say! And Trini's sisters were called "Fatso" and "Fatwan" by the breeder. But hey, they WERE pretty roly-poly cats.. =)

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hate my cats name: Maverick

she's so pretty and dainty shes needs a pretty name. bt we thoght she was a boy at first and i let my stupid boyfriend name her after topgun

now the kittens gonna have a stupid name too because no names suit him and i'm gonna panic in 2 weeks time when i have to register him for pet insurance and the vet and give him the first name that springs to mind!

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

Yeah, we have some relatives who just call their cat "THE CAT". That's what they told us his name is, "THE CAT"

At the rescue organization I am working with now they have the cutest boy right now who is black with a white stripe down his back. Someone today was saying they should name him "Pepe le Mew"
I dunno about that one either.
are you kidding?? if I had a male kitty that looked like that I would definitely name him Pepe!! thats too cute

I thought that Adeliade's shelter name was pretty bad..Clipper. They named her that because for whatever reason when they got her someone had clipped her fur in awful ways and gave her baldspots and weird patterns. I guess the name itself wasn't so bad, I just didn't understand why they named her something that almost made fun of her..as if it wasn't bad enough that someone cut up her beautiful fur.

I guess to me the worst names are the ones that almost seem mean spirited toward the animal. We had a neighbor once who named his little dog (a pug) butt face. ???????

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents had a white cat with yellow eyes so they called it phits (p**s holes in the snow)

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my best friend has always wanted to name a cat maynard! Yuck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nippers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the people in a village calls one of his cat arschloch. Sorry for the bad words Fawn (and any other German speakers).

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well when Gandalf was first born I teased everyone that I was gonna name him Chicken Head Nose Face Fluffy Butt.
However before he came home I changed to Gandalf for which everyone in my family is happy with.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove

Well when Gandalf was first born I teased everyone that I was gonna name him Chicken Head Nose Face Fluffy Butt.
However before he came home I changed to Gandalf for which everyone in my family is happy with.
I think that's the longest name, too! LOL!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

i hate my cats name: Maverick

she's so pretty and dainty shes needs a pretty name. bt we thoght she was a boy at first and i let my stupid boyfriend name her after topgun

now the kittens gonna have a stupid name too because no names suit him and i'm gonna panic in 2 weeks time when i have to register him for pet insurance and the vet and give him the first name that springs to mind!
you could change Maverick's name to Maggy - sounds very similar, but a girl's name... could be short for Magnificent! for your little one, how about... Liquorice, Inkspot, Thundercloud, Tornado, or {to go w/Maggy} Iggy, Perfection, Jag... need more suggestions?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my boyfriend would be very offended if i re-named her. i had wanted to call her delilah and then give the name maverick to the new one but he threw a tantrum!

i just call her Maverly or Missy instead. names for the new one are always appreciated, i did a poll a while back whittling down the names but i still cant decide!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My favorite is how TCS'ers changed Osama into Samoa
remember that?

My "first born" cat is called Mishmish, which means apricot in Hebrew. When we moved here she went missing for a couple of days. We went around the street calling out her name and only when one of the neighbors came out we realized there's something odd about shouting "apricots" in the middle of the street for hours on end

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nippers

One of the people in a village calls one of his cat arschloch. Sorry for the bad words Fawn (and any other German speakers).
Nasty!
Okay, I have to admit that our last cat had a really horrible name: Straycat. He was a feral that moved from an adjacent property into our yard, garage, and eventually our house. I always thought of him as "the gray stray", even though I knew he was feral, before he moved in. The first time I managed to catch him and take him to a vet, the assistant wanted to know his name, and I spontaneously said "He's a stray cat", which she wrote down as one word. She always asked me to speak English with her so she could practice. So "Straycat" ended up on his records.
My husband has a weird tick - he doesn't use names when addressing people or animals. I've gotten used to being called "wife", and he always addresses his parents as "you", never anything like "Mutti" or "Vati". So our pets have always been called "dog", "cat", "rat", etc., in German. He said "Sack" to one dog we had (German slang for part of a male's anatomy, presumably because the dog was a cryptoorchid), and when I objected, started using "Rücksack" (rucksack/backpack) when calling the dog.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

This isn't as bad as some of the others, but I had a friend years ago who named her cat Yoda.

She wasn't a Star Wars fan or anything like that. She said she chose the name because the cat was "ugly like Yoda" and had a weird looking nose. Yoda the Cat was actually handsome big gray tabbycat they took in, he was not ugly at all!!!

The times I visited them and they'd say stuff to Yoda, I always pictured in my head this little alien guy wearing a robe who talked funny. Ugly name, cute cat. =-/

Then last time I talked to her she told me they didn't want to bring him with them into their brand new home. So on moving day they left Yoda behind. I haven't talked to her since, really.
Oh no!!! What happened to Yoda?

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hemmorrhoid - now that has to be the funniest thing I've heard for a cat name.

I'm not one to be offended or bothered by most kitty names, though using racial slurs is quite disgusting.

I'm also the type to go for funny names rather than cutesy names... but I'm not one to judge what other people name their pets.

*I* wouldn't name any cat of mine Fluffy, Snowball, Fuzzy, Midnight, Blacky or Smokey. Nothing wrong with those names, just too common or typical. "Cat" is one I hear a lot and usually the person who named their cat that thinks it's so original. It's not

Hemmorrhoid is just funny, though I'm not sure I'd like to be the owner calling out "Hemmorrhoid!" around the house! LOL

Scat, Scram, Pita, Beat-It - not the nicest of names, but funny. Scat what actually on the potential names list for Cosmo. Considering Comere (like saying "Come Here") was my last cat's name, Scat seemed sort of suiting

Other names that Cosmo almost got? Ringo, Yoyo, Beetle (my husband picked these), Simon, Sterling, Tuna (my daughter's choices), and Wolf, Chief, Scat and Stanley (my picks). Cosmo was never on the list. I just ended up coming up with it because we all like Seinfeld, was the only name we could all agree on, and it suited him.

The absolute worst names I've ever heard? Sh_t-Head, Chinese Food and any racial slur

wyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My ex named one of our cats Frisbee (a very doggy name) because he thought it was cute. Served him right. Frisbee spent most of his time zipping as rapidly as possible from one end of the house to the other.

My husband wants to name one of the more vocal new babies "Fussbudget the Squeak". I am making some headway on talking him out of it. lol

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Ok, we went from calling Hazel to Basil to Basil butt to Button and now we just call her butt. Poor cat, being a stray wasn't hard enough on her, now we call her butt. I know, we're horrible parents
Nah... we used to call Billy "Buttsniffer" because he would always sniff CJ's tush!