The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So, lots of news. I went to the doctor today and I'm having a . . . *drumroll, please* . . . girl! Woohoo!

Also, I talked to my biological father on the phone for about an hour today. I matched with his sister, he remembers my mom, and he was in Iowa at the right time. When I first found out that Fake Father 1 wasn't my real dad, I asked my Aunt Jody - who was hanging out with my mom around that time - if she knew anything and she said that my mother told her it was some guy building the Wal*Mart. Well, that gave me nothing to go on. But it turns out, that was true! My father was working construction and building the new Wal*Mart. A name would have been helpful.

The whole family is being really welcoming. I've talked to 2 of his sisters on Facebook today. I have 2 younger sisters, but they don't know about me, yet. Ed (father) said he's going to call them this evening and tell them. My head is spinning. It's all so overwhelming, but exciting. He lives in Florida, so meeting face to face won't happen right away. Plans will be made, though. I barely know what to think.
Wowza, a dad and 2 sisters, and a baby girl!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been so stressed the past 24 hours... worried I may get sick as I normally only get sick when stressed and not sleeping well.

Put in my 1 week at work. After approaching my boss again about having a review and talking about a raise, she started giving me a bunch of excuses. She said it was the busiest time of the year and it will be a couple weeks. (Um... if you tell me at the interview review and raise in 2 weeks, why didn't you plan it a couple days earlier??) I asked if I could get a small raise until we are able to talk about it. She goes on about how she would need to talk to the other owner and that I was already getting 50 cents more than they usually hire at, which is still less than a dollar above minimum wage. (She told me at the interview that what she was giving me was the normal starting pay...) I mentioned how I had 14 years experience in retail, while many people they hire are college students with this as their first job with minimal experience. Also, that many customers have already praised me on my customer service and friendliness, and reminded her she was also there a couple days ago when a customer complimented me. Plus, many tasks I do I've only done in department manager positions, such as counting stock to determine ordering and checking in vendors. Also, departments that food prep/bake also are higher in pay, and I bake cookies and brownies when needed. She also used the excuse that I would be going back to school soon and couldn't work full time (um... if I'm going above and beyond keeping the store in tip top shape when I am here, why does it matter if I'm full-time or part-time??? I've never heard of different wages per hour based on if you work part or full-time).

There were many red flags throughout my confrontations with her that contradicted what she has said in the past. I'm not going to deal with manipulation. At the end of my shift, I left a written 1 week notice with the on duty manager, put a note in the office of the owners, and texted my boss as she is not normally here over the weekends.

I am still employed at my workstudy job, so I felt comfortable jumping ship without another job lined up. I did get 1 offer yesteray, but considering I'd need to travel up to an hour, the 10.50 they offered wasn't worth the gas, maintenance, and time. The job listing said pay between 9.50-16 and with such high experience and non reimbursement travel expenses, it wouldn't be worth it. I did ask for more, my first time at a job interview. It was a little rough, but I look forward to practicing more as this is an important skill to have!

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wra
What's on my mind? Wondering if can actually manage to get this feral foster kitten socialized.
This was from trying to pick her up for her antibiotics (both fosters have URIs)
View attachment 269069
I'm nowhere near giving up, but this is certainly gonna be a huge challenge.
You can follow along with the adventure in my thread:
My Kitten Foster Adventure..

Thank gawd her sister is a sweetheart...
View attachment 269067

And they are very bonded with each other.
:hearthrob::hearthrob:
wrap in towel

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This lady posted on her blog that Corelle told her not to use their plates & bowls from before 2005 for food because they contain high levels of lead. She said the same thing about Pyrex cookware. Great. I use older Corelle & Pyrex every single day. How much of a danger am I in? :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get over it soon! Being sick is no fun!
Today is Aislyn's birthday. She's 7. I need to get her present wrapped. We're having a little party for her tonight.
And, I keep getting facebook friend requests from my new family. My new grandma called me a little bit ago. They're all so open and warm and welcoming! It's incredible. It's better than I could have imagined.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This lady posted on her blog that Corelle told her not to use their plates & bowls from before 2005 for food because they contain high levels of lead. She said the same thing about Pyrex cookware. Great. I use older Corelle & Pyrex every single day. How much of a danger am I in? :eek3::eek3::eek3:
It is true that Correlle recommends that pieces made before 2005 be considered decorative pieces and not be used for food. However, the part of the pieces that apparently contains lead is the decoration on the items and not the glass plate, bowl or dish itself. On pieces of Pyrex the decoration is usually on the outside and the food on the inside so I wouldn’t stress over it it. If you are really concerned your doctor can do a lead test.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get over it soon! Being sick is no fun!
Today is Aislyn's birthday. She's 7. I need to get her present wrapped. We're having a little party for her tonight.
And, I keep getting facebook friend requests from my new family. My new grandma called me a little bit ago. They're all so open and warm and welcoming! It's incredible. It's better than I could have imagined.
Oh, Alicia,

I'm so happy for you!! A new family!! I bet you can't wait to meet them and it sounds like they are thrilled to have you.:redheartpump:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aislyn!!:bday::musicnote::dance::dazzler:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am but I'm having a hard time breathing. Feels like someone poured oatmeal into my lungs.
Sounds like pneumonia. :eek2:

the part of the pieces that apparently contains lead is the decoration on the items and not the glass plate, bowl or dish itself.
I eat off the old Corelle plates everyday. The decoration is on the rim of the plate. I've been trying to keep my food from touching it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like pneumonia. :eek2:
I'm not a doc, but please go. Respiratory infections can turn into Pneumonia and unless you're on
something like Levaquin ,and I'm not saying that is what you should be on, but this has gone on long
enough. Don't want to appear bossy, just care about you. :redheartpump:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, lots of news. I went to the doctor today and I'm having a . . . *drumroll, please* . . . girl! Woohoo!
Congrats! That's amazing!

I did not pass my math course with the required mark...

Man I wish I didn't have to do school anymore.
Bummer. :( One of my friends here at my four year school did not pass a math class he needed to graduate. The school let him re-take it at a community college as it was his last class needed to graduate. Math gets a lot of people.

I've also failed and dropped most of my classes when I first started college. Even the second time I tried going back. Third time is the charm for me, when I returned to school three years ago.

Was this your first fail? This one class does not define you, you are much more than one grade in a math class, and if you retake it the new grade will replace it, so it will not affect you GPA in the long run. I know it can feel overwhelming though. Hang in there.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, woke up with slight nose congestion and head pressure... Crossing my fingers I don't get sick because whenever I do, it goes into my chest and activates my asthma... And only a couple more doses on my inhaler and no insurance in the state I'm in for school... Hoping if I need medication they can send a script to my home state and then my mom can pick it up and send it to me so it is covered by insurance? Can it get anymore stressful this week? Haha.

Despite that, feeling pretty good today mentally and my anxiety has subsided a bit. Finally had a good nights sleep last night! My boss was very kind about my 1 week, so that was a good feeling.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! That's amazing!

Bummer. :( One of my friends here at my four year school did not pass a math class he needed to graduate. The school let him re-take it at a community college as it was his last class needed to graduate. Math gets a lot of people.

I've also failed and dropped most of my classes when I first started college. Even the second time I tried going back. Third time is the charm for me, when I returned to school three years ago.

Was this your first fail? This one class does not define you, you are much more than one grade in a math class, and if you retake it the new grade will replace it, so it will not affect you GPA in the long run. I know it can feel overwhelming though. Hang in there.
Oh, no. Not my first fail at all. I've been failing all my life at almost everything. I mustered up the strength to sit at the computer and see what I could do. Our program coordinator mentioned something about a math course we could take next semester if we weren't successful with math this semester. So, I found the old email and searched for the math course. There were some time conflicts so I had to change a class around and then I added it.
Winter 2020 Schedule.png

Not at all what I wanted my schedule to look like but here we are... sometimes I think I have bad luck. Given everything that has happened since my break started with me falling down on the ice, and then getting sick, then failing math.

Felix is supposed to go get his T4 checked but I don't have the strength to take him and my mom's car is busted.

I'm also still changing courses on this because one of my electives is on another campus and I don't feel like going that far anymore.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Pending disappointment and concern. My daughter and I were to have our Christmas meal and all today due to her work schedule and yesterday she came down with what may be the flu. It is going around her work, 6 people have it. It's a type (ppl have been tested) not covered by the flu shot. She's going to Urgent Care if she doesn't feel better today.
So poor thing is sick and we may not have a Christmas for a week. Or Christmas today may be chicken soup brought over by mom :) :santa:.

Status
Not open for further replies.