The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all, it's been a while since I was here, there's been a lot going on. Does anybody kow if there's a place in the forums for talking about outdoor enclosures for cats? I've just finished one and am working on another.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sheri,
That sounds great! I dont think that we have any specific general threads for enclosures.
I think most people who have done one, just start a thread themselves, to "show & tell." :)
I would recommend doing that. I'd love to see some pictures of what you have done, & are working on. :D

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so sorry... especially if I said anything to upset you, even more than you are.. such a horrible situation. I have no words...((hugs))
What would you have said to upset me?

It is what it is.  I'll live.  And I'll keep trying to find some way of getting my sister out of there.  My mother has made her bed but my sister shouldn't have to sleep in it.

I'm exhausted and I volunteered for a double shift tomorrow.  It'll be my first double.  Wish me luck getting through it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
hope you All have a good Sunday...gearing up for a mother of a storm...winter/blizzard warnings/watches..working today and looks like the worst parts will be at nightfall when I am safely home. I haven't decided if I will go in tomorrow...will play it by ear...sometimes they claim the storm is bad then not much happens..but this one I have a strange feeling it's going to be a humdinger. I stopped at the store after my long shift yesterday to get some things.

At least I got my 0 degree sleeping bags incase we need to use them. I tried sleeping in it one night and I ended up sleeping in my underwear and sweating all night even with the heat set at 60. so yes they definitely work in cold weather. The cats will cuddle with us tonight but I will keep the thermostat higher than normal incase of power outage..so kind of annoying to sweat but at least we can try to keep the house warm incase it happens...we only lost power three times in the 12 years I have lived here...one was an accident, one was an ice storm-2 days without power-used a kero stove to stay warm..it sucked...the other..i can't remember...either way we will be ok.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omG they cancelled work for 2nd shift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They NEVER do this. they said 3rd and 1st will be decided later...we are in the northeast and the forecast now calls for 16-24 inches of SNOW!

I told Jon to get up on the roof today and make sure the snow is all shoveled away from the vents...I will have to climb up there around 9ish tonight to shovel so I can sleep at night not worry about the furnace stopping in the middle of the night=whoever built this house didn't make the smoke stake tall enough to handle 2 feet of snow-so usually the sun melts it away or the wind blows it away but they claim to be getting wet snow which doesn't blow well. Keep prayers that the temp stays well below 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If it's ice cold then wind blows snow off roof and no problems..it's the temps at 30-35 that causes problems.

ok folks I am signing off as we are done here at work in 15 min. I have my tablet at home but I don't know how long the power will stay on- we don't normally have trouble with power...let's hope it doesn't act up...adios my cat lover friends!  will check in later tonight.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe! Thankfully the only weather related problem we're having is wind, which is blowing tiles off our roof :/

Need to go grocery shopping soon. I absolutely hate going grocery shopping. I don't know why I hate it so much, I just do.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

omG they cancelled work for 2nd shift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They NEVER do this. they said 3rd and 1st will be decided later...we are in the northeast and the forecast now calls for 16-24 inches of SNOW!

I told Jon to get up on the roof today and make sure the snow is all shoveled away from the vents...I will have to climb up there around 9ish tonight to shovel so I can sleep at night not worry about the furnace stopping in the middle of the night=whoever built this house didn't make the smoke stake tall enough to handle 2 feet of snow-so usually the sun melts it away or the wind blows it away but they claim to be getting wet snow which doesn't blow well. Keep prayers that the temp stays well below 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If it's ice cold then wind blows snow off roof and no problems..it's the temps at 30-35 that causes problems.

ok folks I am signing off as we are done here at work in 15 min. I have my tablet at home but I don't know how long the power will stay on- we don't normally have trouble with power...let's hope it doesn't act up...adios my cat lover friends!  will check in later tonight.
Stay safe!  We don't want to hear anything about you falling off the roof.  

Fingers crossed that the power stays on.
   And that if it goes off, it's on again quickly.  Those multiple day outages can be miserable.    

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you...a few years ago we lost power for 48 hours. It sucked. we had just used up the hot water in the tank (40 gallons) and the city water was still running but I have nightmares of no city water/sewage. I can handle no heat but I can't handle no running water...if there was anything I need to beg for=running water at the top of the list..I am a sweat box and I don't mind the cold...ok over and Out..Roger that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

thank you...a few years ago we lost power for 48 hours. It sucked. we had just used up the hot water in the tank (40 gallons) and the city water was still running but I have nightmares of no city water/sewage. I can handle no heat but I can't handle no running water...if there was anything I need to beg for=running water at the top of the list..I am a sweat box and I don't mind the cold...ok over and Out..Roger that.
Sounds like extending the smokestack might be project for the Spring!  I hate the idea of you creeping around on a roof at night in the cold and ice and snow!  We NEED our Foxxycat!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe!  At least you have warning so you can be prepared.

I picked up a shift as a food runner for Valentine's Day.  I was supposed to be doing that this afternoon so I could get a handle on it because I've never done it before but then one of the manager's forgot to schedule a hostess at all so that's what I ended up doing.  Another manager told me I might be able to try it out tonight but I can come in tomorrow night to do it.  I REALLY don't want to show up Tuesday never having done it before.  It's gonna be nuts.  This is the only really nice restaurant we have here.  We have a Ruby Tuesday's, but it doesn't really compare.  And there are a dozen surrounding towns with no restaurants at all.  Colton's gets a lot of business on any random night so I can't even imagine what Valentine's Day will be like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Please be careful and not take any unnecessary chances on things.. call the fired department if you think the vent is covered... and please evacuate if you are not feeling well,,, we need you and your babes here....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the fire depart!ment has enough to do. my house is a low pitch roof.

I got home at 4:30 and up on the roof. Jon shovrled it earlier but i prefer the entire surface one height otherwise the snow makes valleys and hills. so i cleared off the best i could and shoveled out the vents driveway path and the mush behind the truck where i pull in.

Jon pushed snow off around the front peak where its about 16 inches deep. that will be tomorrows project. it will no doubt be two plus feet.

there was already 5" where Jon shoveled around the vents.

I got a price for the pipe extention and they said something stupid like $1200!!! omg!!!!!

They were supposed to call back with a date but i called and they basicly said don't call us we will call you. Idiots. They are a local small company. I have a few other options but hey I been shoveling the roof for 12 years now :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh i forgot to mention that if the vents are covered the furnace won't tturn on. ive got a meter thingy for co as well just in case..

I am not going to work tomorroe. using up vscation time. gonna sleep untill 11am. Hopefully I get off my lazy bum and vacuum the house. with my foot acting up and long hours worked ive let the house get too neglected. the bathroom is clean and kitchen is ok. I need to mop the floor and wipe down thr nick knacks. the bedroom needs vaccuming badly. and washing bedding.

And price books for my bookcloset that I have neglected....I miss the gym but I need to wait for foot to heal.. and i want to read a book.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take care, foxxycat. Paws crossed that you won't get that much snow. Have you tried shoveling every 6 inches? I've done that in the driveway, and it's much easier than waiting until it's so deep. Good luck, and keep us posted.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suggested that to Mr aJon ding dong but he wont do it. He uses the snow blower for most of it . its just windy mess out there for the next day. I think thats a great idea and i wanted to do it this way but nope....he doesnt let me snow bloww for fear I scratch his precious car...becuase I aim that shoot to get the snow away from the house......whatever!!!

I sm watching Driving Miss Daisy and loving the gruff spirit of miss daisy.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not going to work tomorroe. using up vscation time. gonna sleep untill 11am. Hopefully I get off my lazy bum and vacuum the house. with my foot acting up and long hours worked ive let the house get too neglected. the bathroom is clean and kitchen is ok. I need to mop the floor and wipe down thr nick knacks. the bedroom needs vaccuming badly. and washing bedding.

Lucky! I wish I could stay home but, no, I have to somehow get myself to work
Stinks to be woefully understaffed (
lab manager). My one co-worker doesn't work on Mondays (Tuesday through Saturday schedule). My supervisor has to get work done in the new facility herself because I have to get the work done in the old faciltiy. I basically can't take Sundays or Monday off

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it makes you feel better i worked 7-6:30 yesterday and my usual shift today...i have worked two weekends in a row...probably work next weekend if the other guy doesnt want to work....sorry you have such ---- people to work for\with...

watching bart simpson for a change of pace...cats were on Jon or next to him but they took off. Jon is now teasing the Bee Kitty in her tree...and got scratched..he wont listen....tell him not to use his hands to play but will he listen??!!:p :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.