The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I call her my bunny girl sometimes. I so want to get her this for Christmas. I don't know if she'd appreciate it though. She'd look so cute in it

She looks so much like Mercy and the story is so similar it makes my heart ache. We both got so lucky.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call her my bunny girl sometimes. I so want to get her this for Christmas. I don't know if she'd appreciate it though. She'd look so cute in it

I love the story of your girls.

I know what my cats would think about that outfit  .  .  . 
.     We get them at PetSmart.  Kim gets it on them, maybe, takes a couple pics and then I return it. 
  and she wonders why they hide from her. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Aww, a sweet Sophie face.  If you do get her that bunny outfit, I hope you share the pictures.  

Well, I've cut off the food here in preparation for Chula's dental procedure tomorrow.  I'm anticipating midnight demands for food and frantic disbelief come breakfast time.  She has to be at the vets at 7:00 am.  I'm wondering if she'll want to eat tomorrow night or if her mouth will be too sore.  Poor baby.  I don't like going to the dentist either.  

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Murphy might tolerate being dressed up.  I'm pretty sure Connor would murder us for trying.

Some cats just need a little more time and patience.  Theire are kids like that, too.  My future stepdaughter would freak out if I was with her and her dad left her sight for several months.  She's sn extra shy child.  That doesn't mean she's unfriendly.

I hate having to go to the dentist.  For one thing, I have a really small mouth.  I have fangs because my mouth is too small for my teeth.  So I have to force my mouth open as wide as possible and then have a tech pulling it more and my mouth and cheeks are always really sore for days.  And dental work always hurts anyway so it just plain sucks.

I did get a really nice, long nap earlier.  My boys snuggled me and slept curled up in my arms all afternoon.  So I didn't have to deal with the pain until a couple hours ago when I woke up.  I've had worse, though.  I'll survive.  I'll just be whiny for a while.

My friend tagged me in a link on facebook.  It was an ad for a self-cleaning litter box.  I thought it looked kind of cool, then I saw the price tag.  $450!  Scooping a box isn't difficult at all, doesn't take more than a couple of minutes, and isn't even all that gross.  Even if I was stupid rich, I couldn't see paying that much to get out of 5 minutes of work a day.  I would rather donate the money to a no kill shelter.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Geez, I'm in pain just reading this.  Sending you many wishes for quick and painless healing!  

Speaking of dental work...Tomorrow is Chula's dental procedure.  I am trying to figure out how to handle not feeding her the night before.  Should I feed Paul or not?  Will she feel even more upset if he gets to eat and she doesn't?  And how can I handle Paul if I don't feed him?  He doesn't exactly take "no" for an answer.  If I don't feed him, he's not going to let me sleep all night.  

These thoughts are keeping me from worrying about the procedure.  I know cats go through this every day, but if anything happened to Chula, I would be devastated.  
I have always fed everyone but the cat going in for surgery. It is just a lot easier. Although Angua was mad when I fed Carrot and didn't feed her.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
It's predawn and Chula and I leave for her dental in 10 minutes.   She and Paul are experiencing a sense of great betrayal in me and in their routine as breakfast has not appeared.  The only way I'm getting any peace is to sit beside the cat carrier. Otherwise they would be crawling all over me kneading and shoving their hungry little faces in mine.  As it is, they are keeping a safe distance and just giving me outraged looks.  

I really hope Chula doesn't need much work.  She's only three so it's discouraging that her teeth are already such a mess.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, a sweet Sophie face.  If you do get her that bunny outfit, I hope you share the pictures.  :catguy:

Well, I've cut off the food here in preparation for Chula's dental procedure tomorrow.  I'm anticipating midnight demands for food and frantic disbelief come breakfast time.  She has to be at the vets at 7:00 am.  I'm wondering if she'll want to eat tomorrow night or if her mouth will be too sore.  Poor baby.  I don't like going to the dentist either.  :D
I'm sure I will break down and get the bunny outfit. it's been on my Amazon wish list for quite a while now. I will absolutely post pics of her in it. She's not going to be thrilled about it but I will make it up to her with yummy treats :catguy:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's predawn and Chula and I leave for her dental in 10 minutes.   She and Paul are experiencing a sense of great betrayal in me and in their routine as breakfast has not appeared.  The only way I'm getting any peace is to sit beside the cat carrier. Otherwise they would be crawling all over me kneading and shoving their hungry little faces in mine.  As it is, they are keeping a safe distance and just giving me outraged looks.  

I really hope Chula doesn't need much work.  She's only three so it's discouraging that her teeth are already such a mess.  

Poor baby. I'm starting to worry about Carrot's teeth. He is four and we brush often, but his back teeth are starting to look a lot worse. 

In other news, my wedding is tomorrow and then I'll be heading to Ireland for a week and a half leaving the cats with my mom.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Poor baby. I'm starting to worry about Carrot's teeth. He is four and we brush often, but his back teeth are starting to look a lot worse. 

In other news, my wedding is tomorrow and then I'll be heading to Ireland for a week and a half leaving the cats with my mom.
Have a terrific time in Ireland.  It's beautiful.

On the foster kitten front I am learning something new everyday.  Like the kitten can squeeze out of the stroller along the side where the canopy is attached. The room was pretty warm and the kitten didn't want to play so I thought it would be nice to get him out in the cooler air.  Eclipse was on his leash in the yard, Fluffy was in the tunnel near the stroller and DH was reading in a chair next to the stroller.   Luckily DH was there and caught the kitten.  Jerry was returned to his safe room where he was fascinated the rest of the evening looking out the window.  You should have seen the look on his face when the duck landed in the pool.

This morning I was huffing on the window so I could clean Eclipse's and Fluffy's nose prints off and noticed the kitten looking at me.  I did it again and the ears went back and the kitten crouched a little and it dawns on me he thinks I'm hissing at the window.  There was a slight look of disbelief on his face. 
  From the kitten who's last foster was concerned because he hissed whenever someone walked in the door.  He does have good kitten manners so she was doing okay with him.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I hope the wedding goes well!  And have a glorious time in Ireland!  

Chula is waking up from her dental so that went well.  She had two teeth in the process of resorption so the vet removed those.  She'll need some pain meds for a few days as a result.  More worrisome, while she was under, her heart beat gave a few irregular beats that the vet says is probably nothing but could be "the start of something."  We're back in 10 days to have her stitches checked and to have her heart listened to again.  However, the vet was actually very positive about everything so I'm hoping that all is well.  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
so glad you got an update!! SENDING YOU VIBES!! 

Having a severe case of phone anxiety. I still have 10 calls I need to make to state Reps/Senate etc about an issue. I got two done. One of them sounded like they didn't want to talk to me and I tried to be calm and cool but I stuttered and after I hung up I realized I forgot a few key points. I seriously HATE talking to strangers. I can email/instant message etc type or whatever. but voice calls!! UGGG! I don't even like ordering pizza or anything unless it's the same person each time...

Hope you all have a good day!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

so glad you got an update!! SENDING YOU VIBES!! 

Having a severe case of phone anxiety. I still have 10 calls I need to make to state Reps/Senate etc about an issue. I got two done. One of them sounded like they didn't want to talk to me and I tried to be calm and cool but I stuttered and after I hung up I realized I forgot a few key points. I seriously HATE talking to strangers. I can email/instant message etc type or whatever. but voice calls!! UGGG! I don't even like ordering pizza or anything unless it's the same person each time...

Hope you all have a good day!
Did you go to D.C. to protest?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I couldn't get a flight in and out for the same day. But I tried to do the facebook live and my device was not compatible. I have been emailing and tweeting different news outlets and various big name people to see if I could get a bite. I just called the special # they gave for the DEA and left a message. Right now I am hunting down the names of the 11 Reps who have signed the Pocan/Salmon Dear Colleague Letter in regards to this. The AKA says we need to get the reps to sign this letter to slow down the process. Honestly I don't know why we are not hitting up the Senators too but I guess that will be next week. This letter was to be signed by the afternoon yesterday but they got an extention until Friday. So I am trying to write up a quick way to make my point across without getting emotional.

I heard that there were over 400 people in DC. There are tons of pics in the #IAMKRATOM facebook group. Looks like it was a success. I guess they had some staff from the whitehouse come down and ask questions. It was a beautiful day out-perfect for a peaceful protest. I have met a few ladies who are helping me keep my wits about me and not get discouraged. One lives an hour away from Chicago and wants me to come meet her 7 kids and 7 cats on the holidays. Oh wow to be part of a real family?! I know I have a family but you know I don't feel wanted or accepted. It always seems to feel like they go on with their lives and get mad when I ask questions or just trying to make conversation. Honestly I am seriously thinking about taking her up on her offer. But I would not be able to leave the cats by themselves....oh how I wish we all were closer!! And of Course Jon-what would he think? LOL that I would take off on a plane to meet someone he thinks I am strange that way.

I have been telling him my first stop will be Texas. I got a very close catmom there who we have been talking on facebook for about 3 years now?? I have so many people I want to meet. So next year I hope to get my head screwed on straight as far as money and self that I could just say hey I am flying here or there and meet up with likeminded folks...sorry I am babbling now..so very ANGRY at my state government-seems they only want to cover issues that they feel are important but not what's important to us the tax payers..ok rant over. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG someone just donated $100,000 dollars to the American Kratom Association!!! That is BIG! They need to raise at LEAST $400,000 to fight this ban. OMG I am so SHOCKED!!! Hopefully we can beat this or at least age restrict it and let adults decide for themselves how they choose to take herbs.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

OMG someone just donated $100,000 dollars to the American Kratom Association!!! That is BIG! They need to raise at LEAST $400,000 to fight this ban. OMG I am so SHOCKED!!! Hopefully we can beat this or at least age restrict it and let adults decide for themselves how they choose to take herbs.
That's an amazing donation.  I am really hoping for your success in this endeavor.  I know it would be ideal to have only age restrictions but if the DEA feels it has to be regulated, at least it should be scheduled more appropriately.  Schedule 1 is "no medicinal value" and it's clear that just isn't true.  This herb needs to be thoroughly researched and there is no justification for shutting that research down.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh we know why they are shutting this herb down. It is affecting the pockets of certain companies who have seen an uptick of people opting OUT of overpriced services. That and they have two of the alkaloids patented. THey want to make it synthetic then pass it off as a new drug. We have our eyes wide open. The sad part is without the whole leaf and only 1 or 2 alkaloids defeats the purpose of the plant. I feel people should have the option to choose what they want to do as far as medical issues. This is no different. I don't know if you guys remember but kava went through some legal garbage a few years ago or maybe in the 1990s? they ended up keeping it the way it was before. I will say this-there are good farmers out there who follow best practice and those are the ones that should be successful in regards to herbs/leaves.

There is an emerging market for organic herbal remedies. One such is wild lettuce. I have heard some people say it really helps with several things. Then Chinese Cat's claw which is actually very closely related to mitragyna speciosa (kratom). This leaf has pain killing qualities similar to MS. Now I haven't tried it yet but this will be one I will try down the road if the ban goes through. There are actually several herbs that can help these health conditions BUT none does what kratom does-which is get people off drugs. It has something in it that helps the withdrawals and honestly this could save so many more lives. I just shake my head at this whole issue.

anyways back to my point-there needs to be best business practices to make these Indo farmers follow-sanitation methods-and just good guidelines to make sure its safe for us. I understand that. Completely. I do talk to the farmers who try to sell the leaf to me or any other leaf and that is one of the things I ask them about. I want to hear how they manufacture it. Most send pictures. Now I understand even those could be fake but the vendors who I have purchased from do test the leaf for various things before they sell said item to the public. They get the alkaloid content as well as test for icky stuff. That would not be a bad thing to enforce But I still want the right to get the whole ground leaf without pesticides etc. These leaves are harvested off trees that are 25+ years old deep in the jungles. And most farmers are just trying to make a living. This ban would send them back into poverty so bad that my heart just aches. There are too many lives connected to this to just cut the cord and not think that things would be affected. Some of the trees I am told are 70 years old!! Just fascinating to me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the disability was denied, but my lawyer's assistant said that well over half of the ones that are eventually approved get denied on the first hearing.  AND I'm developing TMJ, so that puts a damper on working in a call center, which the original judge seemed fixated on.  I keep locking up and not being able to move my mouth.  This, Hekitty says, can only be a good thing.

Most of the boxes are unpacked now.  There are several boxes of books which I will keep in boxes until I can buy matching bookcases (WalMart, those tall ones for 20-some odd bucks each) for them,  And my two boxes of odds and ends that go in the llving room.  Leaving those packed.  Next month, a friend is taking me to Second Blessings, a wonderful place that will give me the furniture that I am missing.  I need a daybed or a twin bed for my second bedroom, a love seat and a recliner,  I really don't like recliners that much, but there are nights when my breathing is bad that I really need to sleep in a semi-sitting position.  Mostly in the high allergy seasons of spring and fall.  OH... and a real chest of drawers instead of that plastic thing I have now. 

Once that is done, and I know what colors will be in my living room, I can start making new curtains.  WHOO HOO!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to visit Ireland.  I've heard it is very beautiful.  My boyfriend was born in Ireland.

Jerry probably thinks you're crazy for hissing at the window.

I've never heard of Kratom.

My mouth is killing me.  I just want to lay down and sleep and forgot about my mouth for a while, but for some reason, I don't get paid unless I actually work.  Such a lame policy!  Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.