The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Taking a bit of a break. I can't seem to stay motivated today. Playing some AB Pop on my iPad.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 3.10am and I'm lying in bed reading all this and wondering if I'll get to sleep soon. I've.got to go to Tel Aviv to the ruddy bank. Isplashed out and bought me a galaxy 6 and when I came home found the yearly municipality rates.
Bad timing.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just found out the hard way that Nala doesn't like baths anymore! When she was really tiny and still not cleaning herself well, I'd give her baths out of necessity. Haven't had the need to bathe her lately bc she's gotten the hang of cleaning herself. Well, with her spay coming up Tuesday I thought it might be alright to thoroughly wash her so she's fresh for her surgery. No. She wanted to watch the water but just not come in contact with it! [emoji]128575[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just came back in after pushing around some snow outside. :nod: We only got a few inches, so not too bad.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished up with lunch, responding to emails, posting to FaceBook and cruising TCS. Now, I am looking around at the clumps of cat fur all over the carpet thinking I should get up and vacuum - but that seems too much like work! LOL So, I have decided to go crawl in bed with my book - I am down to less than a 1/4 of it left and it is getting good! Hopefully, I will doze off and the Boys will come in a snuggle with me for a little while. 

It's a blustery 13F outside with a wind chill of about -10F, so I'm just not in a mood to do much more. It's supposed to drop down to 3F tonight, so tomorrow might just be a 'stay in bed and read day' too!

Is it July yet? Call me when it gets here! I detest winter!

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's 1:15 in the afternoon on MLK day, very cold outside, walked to the store(only 2 blocks away) and even bundled up I froze. Came back home, looked at the thermometer, 9 degrees. That was an hour ago, and even with standing in front of a heater, I still have chills.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking up buffalo chicken egg roll recipes :lol3: I really do need to figure out what to have for the Super Bowl though. My brother and his wife will be coming over (assuming we don't have almost two feet of snow dumped on us like last year). Mom wanted to make a turkey, but my brother's reaction was along the lines of, 'Are you crazy?'. So, need to figure out the Super Bowl menu.

My brother actually wants chicken wings. I would just go to Buffalo Wild Wings, which I absolutely love. But the last time I went there on the Super Bowl, my tiny little order got completely missed among the huge orders, and had to have them re-take my order when I got there. The only good thing - they didn't charge me, woot! But yeah, rather not go through that again.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to wake my son up soon. We are going to the elementary school around 10 (it's 8:30 now) to register my baby girl for school. I hope I can push my stroller through the snow that fell last night.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Having my coffee, watching Penelopy carry around a hair tie and toss it around, listening to her meow like she's carrying a baby around.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Cruising this site, watching "Hot Bench" on TV, waiting until 10:30 so I can go warm up the car. Artie has a f/u Vet appointment this morning. 

It is really cold outside, 18 degrees.

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Had to have a plumber come over, toilet wasn't working upstairs. He fixed that, the sink that wasn't working, as well as the slow-draining sinks downstairs. Pooches wouldn't stop barking at him! I think he was getting annoyed - too bad! Anyway, that's all done, thank goodness. Pipes are not frozen, that made me happy. Been freaking out because I keep hearing weird sounds at night (and it's not just me, the cats hear it too). Had a pipe burst above my room a couple years back, although that was a bit of a blessing in disguise. I was sleeping in the living room for a month and a half, and got so used to Lucky sleeping with me, that I decided to sleep with my bedroom door open from then on so my Luckman could sleep with me :rbheart:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here waiting for my hair to dry. UGH!  I have to go to the grocery and I really don't want to...it's 21F outside! I'll eventually have to break out the hair dryer, but I hate drying my hair with those because it just make it brittle. I should have just gone to the store 'as I was' (all dirty and stankin') LOL  I dread going out and having to warm the car up just to go a mile down the road, but I certainly am NOT going to walk in this weather. I keep telling myself to wait until tomorrow, but it is supposed to snow then. I keep trying to tell myself, "The sooner ya get it done, the sooner you can get back and put your jammies on!", but even that isn't working. Is it July yet? I need warm weather. 

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
I just got home from the doctor.

Apparently, my problem with my hands is probably mostly my neck, is peripheral neuropathy, and I have some nerve entrapment somewhere. There is some tendonitis in my hand. She wants to check for RA because I'm too young for this (I've also been dealing with this on some level for awhile). I'm to get an MRI of neck and right shoulder.

I was hoping to be told to ice it for a couple of days.

Now, I feel awful because they spent an hour manipulating my hand and arm.

Blah Blah.

Mr. Poops is not getting his walk today. The other day, I just dropped his leash. He pulled a little, and I couldn't hold it. He's 75-80# (about 24"), and is pretty strong/athletic. He doesn't like some other dogs, and there will be dogs out, and not being able to hold him is not an option. He awesome, but it's not something I want to risk.

Anyway, off to veg in front of netflix, and mope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Making up a list for the grocery store. There's a storm coming this weekend and I'd like to beat the bread and milk rush if I can. I'm also wondering if I'll be able to get a walk in today. The wind has been awful the past few days, but is supposed to die down today. I'm not seeing it yet.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Just fed Maple and Sara. Of course all the other kitties come running too, but don't have any for them :( I feel bad, need to figure out a way to feed them in the afternoon too, just a little. Maple and Sara are being fed behind a closed door, so the dogs can't get their food. I'd have to feed the youngin's in the kitchen (I'd just split half a can between the three of them to make them happy). But then the dog would happily steal their food.

Funny, Oliver has been running every time he sees me since I decided to check his ear last weekend (he was scratching a bit that day for some reason). He sees me from across the room, and if I move even a little in his direction, he runs. The only exception - when it comes to food. Oh, THEN he'll come by me. I see how it is.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up at 5.30am and it's just an hour late. Hours too early to get up. Wondering how many more days this depression is going to last, will this cough ever go,the inflammation in my houlder

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever heal.

I'm sorry. Still getting used to the new phone.
Can quotes not be done or what? ,sigh

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up at 5.30am and it's just an hour late. Hours too early to get up. Wondering how many more days this depression is going to last, will this cough ever go,the inflammation in my houlder
Be grateful that you woke up! You have a wonderful day ahead, so get up and celebrate life.

Take a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon (twice a day) for that cough... you can eat it as is or mix it in some hot tea.

If your shoulder is inflamed, apply some heat to it for 20 minutes, then apply some ice for 20 minutes. The heat will get the blood flowing to it to help it heal and the ice will relieve the swelling. After you ice it, rub some Vick's VapoRub on it. I use it on my aches all the time and works wonders! Has you doctor given you any exercises to do to strengthen your shoulder? 

Think positive and feel better!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fyllis fyllis

Thank you for your words of advice and for the pm you sent me. I know all this nothing to be depressed about. See how other people IOW pull yourself together. I know your notsaying that but your first sentence wouldn't be such a hardship.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Fyllis

Thank you for your words of advice and for the pm you sent me. I know all this nothing to be depressed about. See how other people IOW pull yourself together. I know your notsaying that but your first sentence wouldn't be such a hardship.
I understand that depression sux. I also know that you don't just 'get over it'. But thinking positive thoughts does help you get toward that first step. I struggle with it every day. I hope you start feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.