The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry, Tammat. You'll do better this week. 

I lost 2.2 pounds this week.

Yesterday I weighed myself and I had lost a full three pounds. This morning, I actually gained .8 of a pound. And I don't know why as I was really careful with everything because I knew that weigh-in was this morning and I wanted it to be a good one. But....there you go. Darn fluctuations anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done, Pam! :clap: Tamela, don't beat yourself up. You WILL do better this upcoming week. :)

OK, here's my story. I always have one, don't I? :lol3: As of yesterday morning I had lost a pound or so for the week. I had a doctor's appointment for a physical yesterday, with blood drawn last week. I have lost 22 pounds since i saw her 6 months ago. My blood work was excellent, glucose was good, all liver, kidney, thyroid function were good, bad cholesterol was low, good cholesterol was high, overall cholesterol was 163. She was quite happy and told me to keep doing what I was doing. She did point out that as I got closer to my ideal weight my body would start fighting the loss more and more and it was going to get more difficult to lose and not to get frustrated.

Sooooooooo as is my tradition after getting good blood work results I went out and had a massive cheese bagel with gobs of full fat cream cheese on it. :lol3: I tend to eat a few bad things for a few days after. I will have the cheeseburger and fries that I have been craving for over a month. :lol3: I told my doctor that and she just started laughing. So, no weighin for me today. I'll be back on track in a day or two. :nod:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's the new pants Pat? Bet you look fabulous in them. It's frid here. I've gained 1.1 lbs. Gee Wizz! I didn't even think I was that naughty this week. Looks like I'll be eating 100 less calories a day this week and I'll see how I go.

Good luck everyone!! You can do better than me. Come on I dare you!!!!
I didn't buy them yet - vet bills and oh you know. Easy for me to put off, since afterall I work from home.  I'm the main person who has to see those baggy pants..lol.  Just stick to your plan and know that sometimes, there is a pesky upswing.  The most important thing - my motto in fact for weight loss is " I can only fail if I quit.  And I refuse to quit."  You can do this!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm sorry, Tammat. You'll do better this week. 

Yesterday I weighed myself and I had lost a full three pounds. This morning, I actually gained .8 of a pound. And I don't know why as I was really careful with everything because I knew that weigh-in was this morning and I wanted it to be a good one. But....there you go. Darn fluctuations anyway.
Congratulations, you are having a great couple of weeks!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.18 lbs. this week but am annoyed.  Today was my highest weight since November 8th..so it skewed the average.  I knew I ate too much for dinner last night, but I love my concocted recipe for beef short ribs and had hot cocoa (a keurig one - only 60 calories) *and* a piece of "one bowl apple cake".  My calories for the day were fine, but it's really not so simple. If I eat too much at a meal or too many carbs, my pulse goes up and I know I've overdone it, with a weight uptick to follow.

Sigh and grr.  Now I have to mind my "peas and qs" so I have any loss for my upcoming usual averaging day of Monday.

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
After being sick nearly 3 weeks, and losing a very nice chunk of weight, of course, my appetite is returing--with a vengeance!

I'm at a nice goal point now, though I plan to lose far more. We will have our family over Black Friday. My goal is to look so good that they really will notice and comment on it. Wish me luck.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, Tammat. You'll do better this week. :hugs:

Yes. I also weighed myself this morning after 100 calories less yesterday and the scales went up even more!! Darn scales. I think they are broken! Lol! It's ok. I feel like I'm at goal but I just want to see that number on the scales!!!!

Good luck MargeCat.

Well done to all of you who lost. We are getting there. Keep it up!! :)

Last edited:

bluebo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey ladies (and possibly gents), just wanted to let you know that I was able to lose 60 pounds in 6 months (I've plateaued for the past few months due to an injury but I haven't gained). Around 30 away from my goal weight!
Good job on all of your weight loss!

gypsyrose85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thought I would share a flour free peanutbutter cookie recipie.

1 cup peanutbutter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla optional

Mix all ingrediants, drop 1tsp on greesed cookie sheet, bake 350 f for 11 minutes. DO NOT BROWN! USE AN ALL NATURAL peanut butter for less sugar

gypsyrose85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. I also weighed myself this morning after 100 calories less yesterday and the scales went up even more!! Darn scales. I think they are broken! Lol! It's ok. I feel like I'm at goal but I just want to see that number on the scales!!!!

Good luck MargeCat.

Well done to all of you who lost. We are getting there. Keep it up!! :)
many fluctuation s like that are water weight. I can gain and loose 10 pounds in a single day depending on what I have eaten and how much water I drink. I about fell over the first time my scale droped 8 pounds in 24 hours. It came back the next day. Talkef to drs and they said that is what it is. Lets say you eat s high sodium meal but dont drink enough water your going to gain.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good job, Pat! :clap:

Welcome to our new people! :wavey:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I lost 1.18 lbs. this week but am annoyed.  Today was my highest weight since November 8th..so it skewed the average.  I knew I ate too much for dinner last night, but I love my concocted recipe for beef short ribs and had hot cocoa (a keurig one - only 60 calories) *and* a piece of "one bowl apple cake".  My calories for the day were fine, but it's really not so simple. If I eat too much at a meal or too many carbs, my pulse goes up and I know I've overdone it, with a weight uptick to follow.

Sigh and grr.  Now I have to mind my "peas and qs" so I have any loss for my upcoming usual averaging day of Monday.
Congrats on the weight loss, Pat!

I know what you mean about how weight increases sometimes, even though you stay within your caloric range. It happens to me when I indulge in too many carbs in one day.  I hope you were fine for your Monday averaging.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congrats on the weight loss, Pat!

I know what you mean about how weight increases sometimes, even though you stay within your caloric range. It happens to me when I indulge in too many carbs in one day.  I hope you were fine for your Monday averaging.
Thanks..yep, it's all about remembering to stick to my way of eating, which does involve fewer carbs. The calorie counting really is secondary for me.  I delightfully had a new one day low on Monday, which helped me to have a .28 lb. loss.  I'll take it :)  This week will better I expect.  I'm finally (two weeks so far) getting in 4-6 days of exercise per week.  Now to make that a permanent habit (at least 3 times for my minimum per week).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done gypsyrose!

My eating has been a bit off the rails for the past week. Going to try to start reining that in. Making Thanksgiving goodies isnt' helping.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes I just got on the scale and I am up 4 pounds. I'm back on the wagon! :eek:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Down 8 pounds since a week and a half ago.
Congratulations!
Yikes I just got on the scale and I am up 4 pounds. I'm back on the wagon!
 Next week, Karen! 

Nothing. No loss, no gain. I was down about a pound yesterday (again) and everything was going great. I did nothing wrong, ate nothing wrong, and yet it all came back today. Water fluctuations are not funny. 

(And next week is Thanksgiving! 
)

Status
Not open for further replies.