The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Mothers Day :party2:
I'm cheating a bit here :D I will weigh in tomorrow too it's just that the scales went down this morning and I want to be able to say I lost. It was only 100 grams but I haven't seen this number for a long time so I'm really happy. That's a whole week of sticking to my cals even with the bread. Today I'm having Apple pie with icecream for dessert and I'm going to try and starve a bit during the day so that I don't blow all my hard work. Oh please give me strength to get through this day.
You can do it. I did it yesterday and it was hard but the reward at dinner was so worth it. I had a smoothie in the afternoon which helped.

I had pizza tonight. I had 2 slices, one at dinner and one a few hours later. I didn't eat much else today (only a small wrap, one cookie, a couple of little samples at Costco and some salad). I'm hoping my weight isn't way up tomorrow. I didn't go over calories for the day.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
T
You can do it. I did it yesterday and it was hard but the reward at dinner was so worth it. I had a smoothie in the afternoon which helped.

I had pizza tonight. I had 2 slices, one at dinner and one a few hours later. I didn't eat much else today (only a small wrap, one cookie, a couple of little samples at Costco and some salad). I'm hoping my weight isn't way up tomorrow. I didn't go over calories for the day.[/quote
Thanks so much. I've made it to 2pm! So far so good. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
For now looks like holding steady at 186. So that's better than 190. I also have been practicing holding my tummy in and tightening those muscles. Still tight fitting on the pants-I almost went to Salvation Army yesterday to get some new pants that fit but I didn't give in. I did go through my drawers and took out my size 6s and realized its unrealistic to think of getting that small especially since I have been muscle building. so I left the size 8 and 10 in the drawer. If I don't get to this goal by the fall-I will toss them. And get pants that fit.

But for now I have been doing ok with food choices-buying things that have less added sugar-complex carbs are ok to eat-just not added sugar-we never used to have added sugar to so many things! So now they get sneaky and I have to read the labels..at least for now peanuts in small amounts I can do but why are they adding sugar to peanuts? Must be that honey roast thingy-so now I try to buy unsalted everything-I actually prefer unsalted chips=Hannafords is the only place I can find this-salt and sugar seem to be my enemy=I still need salt when I sweat a lot but not hundreds of mgs of salt. I love frozen food but they put soo much sodium in it.

Hopefully I see results soon as I have been doing well cutting junk out but still overeating calories-so I started working out to at least an hour a day-to offset the calories...hopefully this works..and tried to make a crockpot dinner a week ago=followed a recipe I saw on facebook-it didn't come out like the photo and was way too sweet..ginger orange chicken...but at least the chicken wasn't dried up...I just have to stop being lazy and COOK.

I rather eat a banana and nuts than spend time chopping/cutting/cleaning/stirring etc...not sure what is going on-grew up as a kid cooking all kinds of things...that's the puzzle of the week...figuring out why I don't enjoy it anymore..

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday morning in Australia. I ended up having 2 serves of dessert which brought me up to my maintenance cals. This morning the scales were the same as yesterday. My waist is up just under 1/2 cm so I'm guessing that's a bit of bloat? Anyways that's 700 grams lost for the week. That puts me back to 100 grams lost because I gained 600 gms last week from pigging out 12 nights ago.
I'm back in the game now!! Woo!!
Good luck everyone.
foxxycat foxxycat good for you for making better choices. Home cooked meals are so yummy. Keep up the good work.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Two pounds down. I was doing fine until the weekend hit, then it all broke loose.

Today I am starting the Flat Belly Breakthrough diet. Rick and I thought we'd try it for two weeks and see what happens. I did all my measurements last night, weighed myself this morning, got my lunches and such ready for the week, etc. I am limited to 1,000 calories a day for the next two weeks, including weekends, thank goodness (weekends are killing me). This was more Rick's idea than mine.

I checked the exercises in the book, too. I don't know about doing crunches as they've always been difficult because of my lower back problems (those four herniated disks). But we'll see how things go.

It's going to be interesting because I only need to walk for 30 minutes a day and I'm using to walking for over two hours every day. The book says to walk at night, within 30 minutes of having dinner. I prefer to walk in the morning, so I did hit the treadmill this morning. I figure I can start doing exercises at night. 

Stay tuned!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm down 1.2 pounds this week. I ate junk this past weekend which slowed my weight loss but hopefully it's just a hit of bloat and it will go away soon and keep losing. I was at 166.8 on Saturday and 167.2 today.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to the doctor last week, annual female exam. Ugh, not fun at all! They did not believe my height of all things, the girl insisted they measure me, turns out I'm actually 5'7 3/4", close enough to 5'8! I had discectomy and laminectomy in 2013. In 2006, they measured me at 5'8 exactly. Anyway, my weight was 148 lbs. last Monday. In 2006, I weighed only 129 lbs then.
I did my 5k Fun Run/Walk on Saturday. I was so nervous. I went alone. I'm really shy but I ended up walking with 2 nice ladies. So I had a good time.
I've been out in the garden a lot. I have 5 flower beds and 1 vegetable garden. I have been more active and actually eating more!
I've read that weight loss is 80% of diet but I've consumed more calories and have just been much more active so I think exercise definitely helps.
I've only lost 2 lbs. I know before I said my "goal" weight was 100-110 lbs. but I'm 43, about 5'8 so I'm going to try to get down to 130-135 and see how I look and feel then.
I'm just going to focus on eating healthier and just staying active. I still get frustrated trying on clothes. I have some jeans from 2000 that are junior size 9, they don't have Lycra or spandex and I can't even fit into them. That just bothers me so much. I can wear size 8's so why doesn't size 9 fit me? [emoji]128549[/emoji] I know clothing sizes vary so much and vintage sizes are so much smaller than modern sizes.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm up a pound from last week. I've been watching my 2 year old niece while her parents are in Mexico, and staying at their house which is basically a black hole of snack food. Goldfish crackers, 10 different bags of chips, cookies, cakes, sugar cereal, pasta... kid food. I went a little crazy this weekend.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
191.4 pounds that is 87kg, I can't remember what I was last time, but weight is not so bad, I think it has came down a bit as I was seeing 88kg and even 89kg not so long ago.

Fat percentage is getting slowly down again too, now at 17%, but there is still 4-5% too much, that could be close to 10 pounds.

Originally I should of been at my target fat percentage in this month, but I don't see that happening, at best might get to high 15% during this month, but not sure about that.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dress I tried on at Dillard's, size 8 or maybe this one was a size 10? We go on a cruise every other year so I try to find dresses on clearance. My daughter came w me and she was trying on dresses just for fun. She was trying on 0's and 2's and a size 4 dress that was huge on her. She is only 5'4 and 17 though.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I think you look great!

I am 5'4" and stuck at 186 but in all I don't care anymore-I still am working out but I am not beating myself up everytime I eat something good. I have slowed down the exercise a bit in the past few days but I do stomach crunches when I am standing at work-just suck in belly and hold it-it helps..now if I could get rid of the puffy bum-I don't even mind the thighs-its the bum and having to wear size 14 that bothers me. I tried on 12s and so tight I cant even get them on...so now I either work harder to cut calories or realize this is only going to work if I do cut calories AND workout. Why Cant I stop being HUNGRY?

Hey slow and steady..how many weeks have I been at it exercising? Sometimes I get discouraged and hate the image in the mirror-other times say to myself look how strong I have gotten-but hey a girl can wish, right?!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you look great!

I am 5'4" and stuck at 186 but in all I don't care anymore-I still am working out but I am not beating myself up everytime I eat something good. I have slowed down the exercise a bit in the past few days but I do stomach crunches when I am standing at work-just suck in belly and hold it-it helps..now if I could get rid of the puffy bum-I don't even mind the thighs-its the bum and having to wear size 14 that bothers me. I tried on 12s and so tight I cant even get them on...so now I either work harder to cut calories or realize this is only going to work if I do cut calories AND workout. Why Cant I stop being HUNGRY?

Hey slow and steady..how many weeks have I been at it exercising? Sometimes I get discouraged and hate the image in the mirror-other times say to myself look how strong I have gotten-but hey a girl can wish, right?!
Are you really hungry or are you just wanting that pleasant feeling one gets when eating?

It is sometimes really difficult to tell the difference, but if you don't feel hunger in your tummy, then I doubt you are really hungry.

I rarely get hungry, but I get cravings of food or sweets and often I gave in, which is not good.

I had 1100 calorie deficit (-44%), no problem, then 940 calorie deficit (-19%) next day no problem, now today I had 529 calorie deficit (-14%) and I'm having really big cravings for food, but I was a fool and ate sweets so I'm not allowed to eat anything.

So it matters what you eat, not all protein is the same, not having proper fat is easily causing cravings and just sweets makes cravings much worse.

I could make 500 calorie pizza and would not over eat, but I would not have deficit then at all, so I guess I just cook the meat I already took out from freezer and make something at the morning, but those cravings are bad, hardly can stay on place, luckily I need to get to sleep very soon.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you look great!

It's so hard to stop feeling hungry all the time. I eat a meal replacement bar for breakfast and it really helps. I feel full until lunch time. I wear a size 14 still and I'm 166 pounds. I tried on 12's and I got them on but nowhere near done up.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Embrace the hunger. It's your body burning fat. If you want to lose weight then you do have to except that you will feel a litte hungry. You don't have to feel ravenous, just a little hungry. I have calculated approx 300 cal deficit per day over a week. I divided this up though so that 4 days a week I eat more and Then 3 days a week I eat less. I eat every 2-3 hours so this helps with hunger and so do the days with the extra calories. Drinking lots of water and getting lots of sleep also helps with hunger. True hunger comes from your tummy. I always want to eat in my head :D naughty head. I'm gradually telling it whose boss though ;)
We can do this. We can reach our goals. We need to be strong and we need to be patient. We are awesome :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Embrace the hunger. It's your body burning fat. If you want to lose weight then you do have to except that you will feel a litte hungry. You don't have to feel ravenous, just a little hungry. I have calculated approx 300 cal deficit per day over a week. I divided this up though so that 4 days a week I eat more and Then 3 days a week I eat less. I eat every 2-3 hours so this helps with hunger and so do the days with the extra calories. Drinking lots of water and getting lots of sleep also helps with hunger. True hunger comes from your tummy. I always want to eat in my head :D naughty head. I'm gradually telling it whose boss though ;)
We can do this. We can reach our goals. We need to be strong and we need to be patient. We are awesome :clap:
You put it very nicely :D

I actually had my 500 calorie pizza, I still have deficit of 23 calories :lol3:

Anyway I did hard bike ride earlier in a day and previous day did one too so I thought that maybe eating will help in building muscle.

My body composure scale did show after sauna that my muscle percentage has gone up and also fat percentage has gone down. Sauna is great as I sweat extra water out and can get more accurately similar conditions for weighting myself, hydration level mostly as that affect quite a bit to scale. Also moisture on feet makes reading less prone to error as there is less resistance in contact surfaces, also wet is wet so it is same between measurements.

After sauna I got bodyfat percentage as 16.4%, muscle percentage was 38.7% I believe that is highest I have seen, can't remember what it was when I got the scale though, but I think it was 37 or maybe even less. Those are not absolute truth, I don't think those can be compared between scales or persons as it is very low cost model, but I can see some change in long term.

I'm now around where I was at end of March, not much progress meanwhile, except my weight is bit up, waist is same and fat percentage is around the same, that means that in 1.5 months I have managed to build about 1kg (2.2 pounds) of muscle, I think that I need better program or something :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Embrace the hunger. It's your body burning fat. If you want to lose weight then you do have to except that you will feel a litte hungry. You don't have to feel ravenous, just a little hungry. I have calculated approx 300 cal deficit per day over a week. I divided this up though so that 4 days a week I eat more and Then 3 days a week I eat less. I eat every 2-3 hours so this helps with hunger and so do the days with the extra calories. Drinking lots of water and getting lots of sleep also helps with hunger. True hunger comes from your tummy. I always want to eat in my head
naughty head. I'm gradually telling it whose boss though

We can do this. We can reach our goals. We need to be strong and we need to be patient. We are awesome
I'm learning to tell the difference between true hunger and the hunger in my brain; there's a big difference.

That Flat Belly diet thing that I'm doing right now is big on sleep (and lack of sleep is always a big problem around here). I started it on  Monday and the past two nights I've been purposely going to bed around 7:30....yeah, it's still light outside! I may not fall asleep for about 15 minutes or so, but by 8:00 Rick says I've been out like a light both nights. I still wake up when he comes to bed because he brings Jackie with him and her collar jingles wake me up. I usually wake up around 3 or so when Jackie rolls over and snores. And then when the cats start acting up at 4. But even so, going to bed so early does help me get some extra sleep. And believe it or not, I can already tell the difference in my attitude. (So can Rick, the snot. Seriously though, it's amazing what some extra sleep can do.)

This week and next week, I'm right at 1,000 calories a day. So far, I'm not hungry. And I even get a sandwich for lunch!!! Seriously! You have to understand that I'm used to living on a container of low-fat yogurt and a diet Mt Dew for lunch, so a sandwich is a wondrous thing for me. An apple was my normal breakfast; now I'm eating oatmeal with milk....much more stick-to-your-ribs than just an apple. Real oatmeal, not that instant stuff....Rick prefers the instant stuff, but I don't like it. So I'm impressed. Man, I get to eat a sandwich! For lunch!  Two slices of 40-calorie whole wheat bread and it's good bread, not crappy stuff. Some lettuce, low-sodium ham, and one slice of red-fat Colby Jack, all under 300 calories. A sandwich! Imagine that!

It's also big on water. A gallon of iced water every day. I'm trying, but that's tough. It's like I drink a glass of water and head right on into the bathroom. Come out, drink another glass, and right back in I go. I'm using the fruit-infused pitcher at home; here at work, I brought in a quart Mason jar filled with orange slices and I fill that up a couple times a day. (One of my co-workers is very intrigued with my jar, so I brought a jar in this morning for him to try, too.)

I started this thing on Monday morning. Got on the scales this morning and I've lost over 4 pounds. Yeah, it's probably water weight, although since I'm guzzling a gallon of water every day, I don't know how it could be. I'll take it anyway.

Rick is doing it, too, just not as seriously as I am. He has a bowling dinner tonight and he plans on eating what he wishes at the dinner. This weekend, we are planning on sticking with it. I'm in it for the two weeks. After that we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm finally down to last weeks weight after the crazy weekend eating. 5 pounds to go! I just ordered a few new jeans and capris for summer. I'm in a size 4 now, and I think that's as low as I plan on going, so it doesn't feel "wasteful" to order new clothes finally. I refused to buy anything new until I got down to goal size, because I hate spending $70 on a pair of jeans, just to donate them later. (On the bright side, some lucky friend or relative of mine is going to get a TON of designer clothing.)

I've been wearing more "drapey" tops this last year to hide my stomach, I'm excited to buy tops that show off my figure a little more. I'm getting so happy about fitting into clothes again, that I kind of want to get rid of everything that's not super flattering on me. I'm also not keeping any "bigger clothes" because I think that shows me that it's okay to gain weight back. I'm not going to do that. Getting rid of those close is an incentive to not gain weight/spend money again. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lost a pound since Monday. I am 11 pounds away from my goal now.

The meal replacement bars I bought are working great. They are between 260-280 calories each, I have it for breakfast, a small lunch and a decent dinner. I've been having two rice cakes with a small amount of butter in the evening for a snack.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got some good news today. I'm wearing the same jeans I wore 2 1/2 weeks ago and they are more comfy [emoji]128516[/emoji]. Last time I was muffining out the top of them and today I am not. Woo!! They are still a bit tighter than when I bought them and they were always too tight in the calves but the handsome sales assistant said they would give. they never did. Anyways my friend that is some progress and I'm mighty proud [emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I've got some good news today. I'm wearing the same jeans I wore 2 1/2 weeks ago and they are more comfy [emoji]128516[/emoji]. Last time I was muffining out the top of them and today I am not. Woo!! They are still a bit tighter than when I bought them and they were always too tight in the calves but the handsome sales assistant said they would give. they never did. Anyways my friend that is some progress and I'm mighty proud [emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
Yay  you! You go, girl! 

Everybody deserves a good round of applause! 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.