The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I posted. I have been going back and forth between 228-230. It's getting so frustrating. I have been looking around the internet with info about different things and it's getting so overwhelming. So I am calling for a dr. appointment in the morning and have him send me to a registered dietitian. I have come to far to give up now. When I started my waist was 57" and now its 45.

Here is a picture. The first was taken last year when I started I was 288 pounds after losing 20 pounds I gave up and gained it back so being scared I wouldnt stick to it I didn't do a before pic this time. When I started in January I was 283 so not much of a difference. Saturday I was 228.  

You look great. I didn't take a before picture and I wish I did.

0.4 more of a pound and I'm at the half way mark to my goal. I've been using energy supplements and having meal replacement bars some days for breakfast (smoothies other days) which is really helping.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday here again. I've had a cold and I ate badly Thursday and frid. Choc chip muffins mostly plus various other biscuits ( cookies). Every other day I have worked hard but those two days cost me. [emoji]9785[/emoji]️ I gained 600 grams and 1/2 cm added onto my waist. Will I ever learn????? Arrrrgh.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never thought I'd actually be glad for Monday, but I am! It rained for a solid 2 days straight Saturday/Sunday here, and I was just ready for it to be over! We're looking at 6 days of mid-70's and sun here this week and I am so excited. I swear my mood correlates directly to how nice the weather is outside. I'm excited to get out and work in the yard. When it's cold and rainy, I just want to curl up in bed and watch movies.

Loss this week: -1.4 lbs

Loss this year: -34.4 lbs

Currently 5 lbs from goal. Still need to start lifting and doing body weight exercises. Definitely have the skinny fat thing going on right now. I look bigger than I am, because I'm still holding a lot of weight on my stomach. I just haaaaate working out. 

Hope everyone else had good weigh ins this week!

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I could kick myself today. Saturday I weighed in at 225.6. Then me and the family went out to eat to celebrate my birthday. I actually did well I had a salad and two slices of pizza. Then that night me and my bf got a six pack and I drunk two. Well when I drink I eat. The next morning I weighed in at 229. Up 3.5 pounds because of one day. This morning I was at 228.2. 

It's so frustrating that you can't just relax one day and enjoy yourself. Imam afraid it will take a week or two to get that one day off. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could kick myself today. Saturday I weighed in at 225.6. Then me and the family went out to eat to celebrate my birthday. I actually did well I had a salad and two slices of pizza. Then that night me and my bf got a six pack and I drunk two. Well when I drink I eat. The next morning I weighed in at 229. Up 3.5 pounds because of one day. This morning I was at 228.2. 

It's so frustrating that you can't just relax one day and enjoy yourself. Imam afraid it will take a week or two to get that one day off. 
If one pound of fat is 3500 calories, then 3.5 pounds is 12250 calories, add to that close to 2000 calories of BMR and you would need to eat something around 14250 calories to gain 3.5 pounds in one day.

Water retention I believe, it should flush out in few days. Sodium intake was probably higher which causes more water retention, it looks horrible in scale and can show up on mirror too, but rest assured, it won't be permanent.

Sure there can be some gain in weight, but it won't be that bad and at least for me it is not next day, it takes 2-3 days usually, which sucks as if I overeat, often I try to do better next day and BOOM scale goes up after the good day, not after the bad day, very discouraging.

Only water shows up quite immediately, but it comes and goes, for me easily 4 pounds from different water level in body, so I have to think every weighting as +/- 4 pounds, scale is never accurate to pound.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This happens to me too and it always takes a week or two to get it off after one day to gain it. It really frustrates me, like you can't just have one cheat day every now and then without gaining weight.

We are going out for dinner on Friday and I feel like I basically have to eat nothing that day in order to eat the Indian food for dinner or the scale will go way up.

Last edited:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I am really thinking about not going to eat on Sunday. Sad thing is I really want Chinese food. I haven't had it since November or December and the Lo Mein is calling me, lol. Plus it's mothers day dang it. I will see where my weight is then I will decide.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had zero eating days and I don't think those are worth it, but having two cans of tuna one at the morning and one at evening seems to work quite well, just need to get low sodium tuna, next day after low eating day is so much better when doing that and I sometimes have had orange juice too with the tuna at the morning, no sipping allowed during the day though!

That is helping at least me to get fat burned fast without feeling too terrible and failing the diet on coming days, which is one of the challenges.

Not sure if it helps with Chinese cravings, though.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was back to square one this morning. It took me 5 days to get the weight off after pigging out two nights in a row. I lost the chance to lose a whole weeks worth of weight. It's very dissapointing. We live and learn. I too am worried about Mother's Day. I'll cheat and try not to go berserk.:cross:
louann jude louann jude did you get your weight back down yet? Remember it took foxxycat some time to recover from a Chinese meal. Don't beat yourself up over it. It was your birthday. Aside from the next day I hope you had a great time. :bday:

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been out of control again with eating. I don't even know my weight and I am not sure I want to. Just went to McDonald's last night after babysitting my niece. I was starving, it was late, I was tired. I've been forcing myself to get on the elliptical but for some reason I eat more bc I'm more hungry after working out and I feel I'm gaining muscle in my legs. I tried on clothes a few days ago, nothing in my closet fits me!!! Of course, I am trying on things from 2000 & 2001. Size 5/6, 7/8 and some vintage size 9 jeans that used to be my "fat" jeans, after I had my kids! I cannot even get into them now. I'm fatter than when I was 8-9 months pregnant. This is disgraceful. How dare I let myself go this badly.
Wow. I know I weigh over 150 now. I weighed 139 last year about this time and I thought I was fat then! Saturday I'm doing a 5k Fun Run/Walk. Obviously I will be walking but if I can memorize the route, I'll continue to follow it this summer. I'm 5'8 so I'm tall but this is getting so bad I cannot even look, I mean really look at myself in the mirror. The wrinkles, lumps, sagging, bulges, ripples, cellulite. It's bad and not attractive at all. [emoji]128549[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was back to square one this morning. It took me 5 days to get the weight off after pigging out two nights in a row. I lost the chance to lose a whole weeks worth of weight. It's very dissapointing. We live and learn. I too am worried about Mother's Day. I'll cheat and try not to go berserk.

@Louann Jude did you get your weight back down yet? Remember it took foxxycat some time to recover from a Chinese meal. Don't beat yourself up over it. It was your birthday. Aside from the next day I hope you had a great time.
I am back to 226 as of yesterday. I haven't had Chinese yet and seriously thinking I wont now. I was invited to a Mother's Day cook out for Saturday. I think that will be good enough and I will have more control over how my food is prepared. I just didn't want to have to cook on Sunday. I am always cooking and just wanted a day off. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Louann Jude, the difference is your pictures is amazing. Congratulations on how far you've come!

I finally seem to have popped my head back out of my butt.....again. I've been walking more and trying to eat better since the third week in April. And I've lost almost ten pounds since then, probably mostly water weight, but I'll take it.

Last week, one of my GFs stopped in on her way from CT to Virginia. Rick and I took her out to a buffet for dinner that night. I thought I didn't do badly at dinner, unsweetened tea to drink, a bit of chicken, and a couple carb dishes. But not much overall and I was even semi-careful with my dessert. Next morning? I had gained a pound. 
  Took me two days to lose that pound again. 

Tomorrow we are going out to a buffet that Rick loves to visit. His birthday was yesterday and we are celebrating on Friday. A buffet. Again. There's not enough exercise in the world to make up for a buffet dinner. 
 It doesn't matter how careful I am, I can do some damage. We only go to this buffet once a year, usually for Rick's birthday (the restaurant is two hours away and it usually snows at my birthday). I can plan to eat healthy, I can plan what I want to eat. Doesn't matter; we will get there and all good thoughts fly out of my brain.

The good news, if it is good news, is that when Rick went into town last night, he stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for some doughnuts. For himself as a birthday treat. I actually managed to tell him "None for me, thank you" and he actually listened to me. He came home with his doughnuts and put them away. Later on, when Mollipop and I went to bed to watch Supernatural, I heard him out in the kitchen. Didn't even bother me. Honest. 

But that buffet tomorrow? Oy

As for Mother's Day, Rick was going to bring his mom down for dinner. I asked her if she wanted anything special. She only wants BBQ chicken pizza. That's it. And maybe something sweet (chocolate). So that was our plan. But now it's supposed to rain and she will no longer go outside in bad weather. I plan on baking some kind of cookies (a small batch) and we'll take cookies to her on Sunday.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Oh Food is my enemy. I cant control myself at a buffet either. I am one of the smallest people at work but I outeat most of the guys I work with but I am getting better at not eating until I am stuffed..  I still haven't lost weight despite working out like a beast=-BUT my body is getting stronger.

Chinese food is forever banned-after gaining 7 to 8 lbs in water weight in two days-forget it! I also have been trying to choose lower sodium foods-AND no sugar-complex carbs are fine. just cant have simple sugar. So this week I have already hit my targer for minutes worked out and it was made on Wednesday. I thought I would be sore..only in the beginning of the day...so I think its going ok. I haven't lost but I haven't gained. my goal was to stop the scale from going up. I am at 188-190 right now. BUT my legs feel like iron. So I don't mind the not loosing weight..but I know I still comsuming too many calories-BUT I need the fuel in order to move as much as I do...doing an hour of workout of high intensity makes me ravished. So don't worry ladies we will get there..I am proud of everyone for keeping moving! That's the goal-not loosing weight so much as making exercise part of our daily routine. I love a good workout now. I still cant jog for heck but I sure can dance for a long time. and jump rope. Monday I was an animal at the gym but last night I had no energy-and I ate pizza before my workout Monday-SO Friday going to try an experiment-eating something fatty before workout-and will report back-I am always doing different experiments.

I haven't done those protein drinks before workout-so maybe I will eat some fat and protein half an hour before=then zoom away...buying earbuds and listening to club music with its fast pace really helps.

Keep up the good work!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been on deficit for some time now, I hope to start deficit now and see if I can loose that ~8 pounds now as it refused to go away earlier.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you're back Winchester Winchester

Yesterday I got a very rude shock. I usually eat a cup of white rice after I train. This is to help my muscles grow and recover. It's pretty much the only carbs I eat. Yesterday I didn't have it and I trained close to dinner time so I had 2 1/2 slices of this yummy fresh bread with homemade soup. I knew it would be more cals than the rice but I was only eating soup so I figured it would even out. After I ate it I plugged it into myfitnesspal. 462 cals for the bread. I nearly cried. It better have made my legs and shoulders grow.
Mother's Day is giving me anxiety. Please give me strength.
We really can do this. We can. We can.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you're back Winchester Winchester

Yesterday I got a very rude shock. I usually eat a cup of white rice after I train. This is to help my muscles grow and recover. It's pretty much the only carbs I eat. Yesterday I didn't have it and I trained close to dinner time so I had 2 1/2 slices of this yummy fresh bread with homemade soup. I knew it would be more cals than the rice but I was only eating soup so I figured it would even out. After I ate it I plugged it into myfitnesspal. 462 cals for the bread. I nearly cried. It better have made my legs and shoulders grow.
Mother's Day is giving me anxiety. Please give me strength.
We really can do this. We can. We can.
That was still small amount of calories, it will burn off with bit less than hour of workout, don't worry about it.

Bread tastes good, it fills up, but I classify it as a poison these days, ton of calories and ton of salt/sodium, really little anything good in it. Bread makes me bloated and tired, so I usually avoid it, especially next day after eating bread is terrible for me, almost same as eating only candy for the day before.

1.5 litres of my favorite soda is around 580 calories, now compare that to your 462 calories for such small amount of bread and you see how bread is worse than having a soda in calorie wise, soda weights ~1500 grams, so your bread was probably around 150 grams, soda would be only 58 calories in same weight, isn't that bit of insane? Carbs are sugar and bread is loads of sugar, even compared to soda, it seems.

So for anyone having a diet, any wheat or bread is very dangerous, amount of calories those have is insane.

100 grams of pure sugar is 406 calories, 100 grams of bread is around 300 calories, 100 grams of soda is 39 calories, but which of those we think is bad for us? :lol3:

I'm getting best results from pizza really, 60 grams base, 200 grams meat and 80 grams cheese, I know I should cut down cheese, but better to have bit too much cheese than bread, imo. Cheese is problem because of saturated fats and salt/sodium.
Another bad stuff I take is orange juice, but it is super power fuel that helps me push harder and longer, taken with tuna it give huge amount of energy so it is not problem to burn it all off, but orange juice has bit too much of sugar so I have to limit it to 0.5 liters a day.

Also vitamin C is great for recovering from flu, but not so great when building muscle, it is ok to have something like 180mg but I think it was getting over 300mg when there started to be negative effects to muscle building. Like everything for something more is better and for something else it is worse.

Day before yesterday I did burn over 6000 calories, all fine and nice, but I did the math and noticed I did eat 6900 calories, great, so I too hope that really is building some muscle, but I doubt so. There is song in my head, little mean girl screaming fatty, fatty, fatty to me, so maybe I do better at coming days, but it surely is annoying when that happens, so don't worry Tammat, you are not only one!

I need to remember this one rule I have had, count first, eat then, it seems not to work other way around :(

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, Tammat, I am here!

The buffet.....didn't do well. I swear I walk in to those places and my brain goes right out the window as I walk in the door. This is where Rick wanted to go for his birthday and I paid for dinner for us. It was nice, but carb-laden and well, I will deal with the aftermath.

Has anybody done the Flat Belly diet? Rick and I are thinking about trying it, starting this Monday (it was really his idea, more so than mine). I have to sit down with the books and see how it goes. From what I gather, it uses a lot of packaged dinners and I'm not crazy about them at all, so I need to see how I can work in my own food. (Nothing against packaged dinners, but they usually have a ton of sodium in them.) It's 1,000 calories a day (women) for two weeks, then, if you continue, it goes up to 1,200 calories day for 2 weeks, then down to 1,100 calories a day for two weeks. You can only go for two weeks if you want. There are exercises in there, sample food plans, etc. It includes snacks as well. I don't know; I think it's kind of hokey, but I guess we shall see. 

The problem is that if you're going to do something, then you should see it through for the period. Well, Rick wants to try it, starting Monday, but then he has his bowling banquet on Wednesday. Think he's going to follow the diet plan that day? Oh heck no! So why do it at all? I find that very frustrating. And I also find it frustrating that Rick can say, "Oh, I think I should lose 5 pounds!" wake up the next day and he's lost the five pounds. Grrrrrrrrrr

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I would have gained weight from going out for Indian food last night. I weighed myself to see the damage and I somehow lost a whole pound since yesterday. I didn't pig out but I did eat butter chicken, rice and naan bread plus some appetizers. I ate light during the day though to save the calories for dinner.

I am 11 pounds from my goal.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Mothers Day :party2:
I'm cheating a bit here :D I will weigh in tomorrow too it's just that the scales went down this morning and I want to be able to say I lost. It was only 100 grams but I haven't seen this number for a long time so I'm really happy. That's a whole week of sticking to my cals even with the bread. Today I'm having Apple pie with icecream for dessert and I'm going to try and starve a bit during the day so that I don't blow all my hard work. Oh please give me strength to get through this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.