The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yay you two!!
  Do we call that a whoosh Pat? It sounds pretty whooshy to me!! Good Work. I read your comment on another thread Pat. I think my diet may be similar in ways to yours. Carbs and fruit in the mornings only and then proteins and vegetables which are low in carbs after lunch. Every time I get out the cauliflower of think of Pat.
 I'm guessing you eat it a lot because its a low carb vegie? I hear other people say "Im on a diet, I feel great and I'm not hungry". I have not experienced that before. Never. Until now that is. I do have more energy and I am not starving. My body likes it. I can keep this up. Bring on the cauliflower!!!

I follow a plan where I can have complex carbs once a day at whatever meal I prefer to have them at (it's called the reward meal).  It's as part of a balanced meal with salad, low carb veggie and protein.  The other meals and/or snacks during the day, I can have protein, fats and any veggie on the plan's low carb veggie list.

Cauliflower I've come to appreciate after seeing what a decent substitute it cane be for so many things.  I make a kickbutt mock potato salad with cauliflower, cheesy-garlic "breadsticks" with cauliflower as the "bread", pizza crust made with it, stir-fried "cauliflower" rice, a wonderful creamy for winter time soup..  We even just love cauliflower raw in our salads :)

I truly only get hungry at meal time, and it's refreshing after years of constantly picking at food all day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, would you mind sharing your recipe for your cauliflower potato salad? I am a serious potato salad hound and get can't enough of the stuff. I'm interested to try your cauliflower or mock potato salad. I like cauliflower, love to roast it. Thank you.

I lost that pound that I had gained last week. So far.  (My official weigh-in is Monday.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice Pat and Pam! :clap:

Yes, I know, I have been quiet in here. I got on the scale Tuesday and I have been maintaining. That's not necessarily good since I gained quite a bit over the holidays. I got on the scale this morning and I am down a little over a pound. Overall I am 9 pounds over what I was in November. I've been trying hard to make better choices all week and exercise more. :nod:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pat, would you mind sharing your recipe for your cauliflower potato salad? I am a serious potato salad hound and get can't enough of the stuff. I'm interested to try your cauliflower or mock potato salad. I like cauliflower, love to roast it. Thank you.

I lost that pound that I had gained last week. So far.  (My official weigh-in is Monday.)
Here you go!

Cauliflower, 1 Large Head - cut into small florets and parboiled until tender but not mushy - want it to hold up in the salad. Cool before adding other ingredients, mix gently.
Celery - 2 stalks - diced
Scallion - 2 (green and white portion, diced) * I use scallion because it's lower carb, but you can use real onion instead - just adjust the calories if counting them
Bell Pepper - 1 - red or green, diced
French's - 100% Natural Classic Yellow Mustard - 1 tab.
Best Foods - Real Mayonnaise, 16 Tbsp
Farman's Zesty Dill Sandwich Slices - 1 Oz, diced
 White Wine Vinegar, 1 Tbsp.
Bacon, 4 slices cooked, and crumbled/diced
fresh ground black pepper to taste

serves 12, per Serving: 181 calories. (think this equals 1/2 cup per serving)  ** I also like to sometimes make with 1 hard boiled egg, cut into 4 -6 slices and placed atop for presentation, smatter of paprika over all.  Adjust calories if counting, have 1 slice egg per your first 4-6 servings <G>.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ok, it's Monday morning.....I lost 1.8 pounds since last Monday. I'm happy with it because I had been the same weight pretty much all through last week, no gaining, no losing, just hanging right in there. I hopped on the scales this morning, saw the loss, threw my arms into the air and said, "YESH!"
 During March, I lost 7.6 pounds. (Part of that is because I was sick that week....but I'll lose them anyway.)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, it's Monday morning.....I lost 1.8 pounds since last Monday. I'm happy with it because I had been the same weight pretty much all through last week, no gaining, no losing, just hanging right in there. I hopped on the scales this morning, saw the loss, threw my arms into the air and said, "YESH!"
 During March, I lost 7.6 pounds. (Part of that is because I was sick that week....but I'll lose them anyway.)
Congratulations!!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done you two! :clap: I can't wait to celebrate with Pat either. Yay! Pat!
I lost a tiny bit and that was when I averaged out the week. Basically I maintained and that's great. I've got 2 little areas that have a bit more fat than I'd like but to lose that then the rest of me would look scrawny. I want to look healthy not like I need a good feed!!:lol3: I hope/ think exercise will take care of that. The great thing is I've found what works for me and I know know how many calories to eat to lose and how many to maintain.
Let's keep doing this. We can do this.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It was not a good night, not by a long shot. I had to bake chocolate chip cookies for Rick to take with him this weekend. That should say it all right there.....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done you two!
I can't wait to celebrate with Pat either. Yay! Pat!
I lost a tiny bit and that was when I averaged out the week. Basically I maintained and that's great. I've got 2 little areas that have a bit more fat than I'd like but to lose that then the rest of me would look scrawny. I want to look healthy not like I need a good feed!!
I hope/ think exercise will take care of that. The great thing is I've found what works for me and I know know how many calories to eat to lose and how many to maintain.
Let's keep doing this. We can do this.
Don't forget that muscle weighs more (and looks better..lol).  This is when you go by how fit you feel, how your clothes fit etc. and not the scale :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was not a good night, not by a long shot. I had to bake chocolate chip cookies for Rick to take with him this weekend. That should say it all right there.....
This is why I rarely rarely bake anything I can't work a portion of into my meal that day..lol.

Sorry I haven't been posting - I was wondering why it was so quiet - I got no update emails from tcs this week.  I should have popped in a lot sooner.

I've had 3 new one day lows this week.  Will have a sub-210 average tomorrow and a loss of between 1-2 lbs. for this past week.  Counting down to 100s!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh it's Monday morning here. I'm still maintaining. I have measured myself. Rohan said to go by my waistline. The fabulous thing about muscle is that as I build it I will need to eat more calories. Woo Hoo!!!! I did break down and ate two choc chip cookies on Friday night. It was the first slip up in 2 1/2 weeks so I'm not mad at myself. I'm pretty darn proud actually.
If I can resist sugar then there is hope for everybody :lol3:
Keep it up everyone.
Good luck everyone.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I gained 3 pounds over the weekend. Pizza.....what can I say?
 Mushroom and pepperoni.

And I finally felt in the mood for peanut M & Ms. Rick had hidden a bag for me when he went to Oregon the other week, but I was too sick then to even think about them. So they've been in the house and on Saturday, he texted me, "Let the hunt begin!" and started sending me clues. I found them, but it took me a while. They were in the kitchen, in a covered casserole.  (And I had even moved said casserole off the hutch earlier on Saturday when I was cleaning the kitchen and didn't even think about opening the dish or I'd have found them then.)

Posted in another thread about the migraine yesterday. I was really sucking down high-octane soda, meaning lots of caffeine and lots of sugar, all day yesterday. With lots of chipped ice. Mountain Dew, Pepsi, and even a large Coke last night from Wendy's (and I hardly ever touch Coke). It's the only thing that helps the pain and I don't know why.

So there you go....my favorite Ps: Pizza, Peanut M & Ms, and Pepsi.

And I did virtually nothing in the way of exercise over the weekend either. I did hit my Fitbit goal on Saturday, simply because I was up and down the basement steps and back and forth from the kitchen to the bedroom or the computer room a bazillion times. And vacuuming and all that good stuff. My Fitbit is set for 12,500 steps.....I barely got them, but I got them. Yesterday? I entered my food into MyFitnessPal, but I barely got 3 miles (a little over 6,000 steps) in on my Fitbit and that was just from doing chores.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.34 pounds this past week. My new weight by average is under 210!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Fantastic job ladies! :clap:

I did not step on the scale. It was a bad week last week. One day I celebrated my mother's birthday, then a friend's birthday, then my niece's bachelorette party that I made three dessert for. I did indulge less than I would have in the past at least. I've been keeping up with the walking. :nod:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another week, another 1.36 pounds lost..lol.  I'm 8 and smidge from the 100's now :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's fabulous- as always Pat!!!:clap:
I've been on holiday for four nights. I will post the damage when I wake up at home tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.