The Unofficial TCS Movie Club

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I agree with Elizabeth. I think that it would get difficult to search this thread each week for the movies. Unless we did something similar to the vacation thread where you link to the new selections each week.

I like Arianas idea of chosing classic films as well. And I also feel that since this movie club was your idea Ry that you should get the honor of chosing at least one film each week.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here. Classic doesn't have to mean always 30' and 40's. I consider movies from the 1908's very classic! Like "Reds", or "The Breakfast Club" or "Back to the Future". !

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw I like The Breakfast Club! I was also thinking, I've never seen Casablanca or Gone with the Wind so those can be some ideas. There's a Top 100 movies list out there that I used to look at... we could tackle some of those that have been called the greatest by critics.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gone With The Wind is wonderful. We can also do comparison movies
Like watch ones that have been redone... watch both versions of The Time Machine and compare what was better.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, if you want we can get an official count at some point of who's in (just so that we can add each other to buddy lists if we're interested in chatting in real time) and that way we'll know who's interested.

Obviously it's not a set list, but it'll be nice to try to all watch a movie together or something.

Okay I think I'm getting ahead of myself now...

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a good idea actually. I'll go back through the pages and buddy some of the people who relied earlier.
We can also get a tally of who will be watching the moves suggested for the week cause knowing me I'll write something long and send it to someone who didn't watch.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Aw I like The Breakfast Club! I was also thinking, I've never seen Casablanca or Gone with the Wind so those can be some ideas. There's a Top 100 movies list out there that I used to look at... we could tackle some of those that have been called the greatest by critics.
Yeah! My all-time Favorite is Dr. Zhivago. And in the 1970's there were many movies thatare now considered classics: Taxi Driver, One Flew Over the Cuckoos's Nest, Five Easy Pieces, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, and even Shaft!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh I would love it if we could watch One Flew Over... I started watching it a few years ago but then my friends didn't want to watch anymore and turned it off - and I was really into it too!

Wow, we've got some great suggestions and ideas going on! Hey Elizabeth, do you want to add me to your Yahoo buddy list (my name's in my profile, and I'm not at home so I can't do it now) so I can have ya for later?!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

I should warn you that I have added a couple of you to my Yahoo list, ok guys?
Cindy, I don't have you on Yahoo but you came through on my MSN IM. It was right after the crash and all of a sudden you popped up one day, "oh where oh where has my TCS gone?" --as your IM id! it was hilarious!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Cindy, I don't have you on Yahoo but you came through on my MSN IM. It was right after the crash and all of a sudden you popped up one day, "oh where oh where has my TCS gone?" --as your IM id! it was hilarious!
LOL! I remember that, I went through a period of changing my MSN to reflect how I was feeling, don't do it much anymore!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Elizabeth I do have you on my buddy list... how long have you been on there?! I remember looking at that name yesterday wondering who that could possibly me!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Oh Elizabeth I do have you on my buddy list... how long have you been on there?! I remember looking at that name yesterday wondering who that could possibly me!
oh, I've just been hangin' out there for awhile....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far these are all great suggestions everybody. Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the 80's stuff... all movies I would love to see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I just made myself a late supper a little while ago and soon I'll put in We Were Soldiers. That's it for me. What movies did you rent tonight?