The Unofficial TCS Movie Club

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Just to make sure absolutely sure, the "brand new thread for the after-viewing discussions" means that we don't make another discussion thread every single week. Is that right? Sorry if I'm seeming slow about this.
I think that's exactly what everyone is saying. That way we can subscribe to if if we want and not have to look for a new thread each week, or each movie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

I think that's exactly what everyone is saying. That way we can subscribe to if if we want and not have to look for a new thread each week, or each movie.
Right. Well we could have done some neat poll things by having a new thread every week, but one thread that people can rely on subscribing to will work too.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Right. Well we could have done some neat poll things by having a new thread every week, but one thread that people can rely on subscribing to will work too.
Hmm, a poll about each movie sounds good, too. Ok, how about one big discussion thread, but if anyone gets the urge to post a poll about a particular film, start a new thread and be sure to link it into the main discussion thread. I just hate looking all over the place for stuff, as by the time I get home from work in the evenings, I don't have a lot of time to dig through the Lounge, and stuff usually gets buried fairly quickly.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

Hmm, a poll about each movie sounds good, too. Ok, how about one big discussion thread, but if anyone gets the urge to post a poll about a particular film, start a new thread and be sure to link it into the main discussion thread. I just hate looking all over the place for stuff, as by the time I get home from work in the evenings, I don't have a lot of time to dig through the Lounge, and stuff usually gets buried fairly quickly.
We might continue to work little after-movie quizes into the discussion thread, so that might be fun enough without clogging up the board, but if we do get the urge to do polls then we'll be sure to link to them in the main discussion thread.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, besides Ryan, who's picking this week's movie?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well Ari, (pinkdaisy226) replied to the thread first, so I thought that was a good enough reason to ask her to make a pick this week.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That and I'm such a wonderful person, right?

Can we have a better name besides the Unofficial TCS Movie Club?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of The Official Unofficial TCS Movie Club.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I was thinking of The Official Unofficial TCS Movie Club.
Why didn't I think of that?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

I like it! The Official Unofficial TCSTMC!
Can we say tongue twister?!?!

Ryan actually had some pretty good ideas... but I forgot what they were. Something like Double Feature. Dang my bad memory. I dunno, I know it's not important to have a cutesy name but it could be fun to come up with one!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Can we say tongue twister?!?!

Ryan actually had some pretty good ideas... but I forgot what they were. Something like Double Feature. Dang my bad memory. I dunno, I know it's not important to have a cutesy name but it could be fun to come up with one!
The TCS Double Movie Feature

Is that the one? We've got until tomorrow to settle on a name. Once a thread title is made it can't be edited.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes no pressure Ryan! Lol! Um, yeah I think that was the one, but you had another one too... ?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The TCS Double Movie Feature

Is that the one? We've got until tomorrow to settle on a name. Once a thread title is made it can't be edited.
Not unless you have moderator superpowers.....

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, Ryan that's what I was thinking in my head!

Okay so I found this list: http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/movies.aspx

It's the 100 top movies according to the American Film Institute and it was handed to me in one of my college classes. It's just an idea of movies that we might consider looking at... no pressure though!