The Unofficial TCS Movie Club

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

We were actually lucky enough to score sneak preview tickets to this movie and saw it before it hit theaters. We were expecting and cheesy Disney flick, and boy were we wrong!! Love it love it love it!!

4. Once to wake him up, and once for the stench. Correct! He was passed out in a pig barn.

5. I believe he was going to go into town to enjoy food and wine and other bodily delights. Right! -and the first thing he wanted to do was "eat a bushel full of apples"

6. Jack made a raft and strapped it to sea turtles with human hair and rode the raft back to civilization.Yep, you have a great memory Heidi!
Originally Posted by sashacat421

OMG a QUIZ?????? When does the original thesis start?

Originally Posted by Deb25

What's next week's movie? I think it's a cool idea to have a movie of the week, and then we can all discuss it afterwards.
I'm glad because halfway through typing up the opening thread I paused for a few moments thinking of how bad the idea could bomb, but I didn't listen to myself. Next week I wouldn't mind seeing "Saw". Mary Anne mentioned it in another thread. I never heard a single thing about it until then, so I had to search for a movie trailer to get a clue. People have also been talking about The Notebook. I'm willing to see that too. But to be fair, I will pick someone to choose 1 or 2 movies for next week, preferably someone who participated in this thread. Then they get to pick someone for next time. I'm going to think over the details and then edit them into the original post. For example, we don't always have to watch two, but I will be renting two regardless because I have a two-for-one coupon. Ari also suggested that we all get Yahoo IM or something just for movie night. However, it would be fine if someone wanted to watch the movie on Saturday and then comment Sunday too. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Thanks for the review, Ryan!
You're welcome. I hope more people comment on the movie too.

Originally Posted by CaliGirl

#4 One to wake him up, one for the smell
#5 Eat an apple
#6 tided sea turtles together with the hair him Captain Sperrow's back (LOL)

I love movies, I acually own this one with probably hundred other movies I have, lol
All correct!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about Saw, that movie looked freaky! Maybe we could have someone pick a movie, but it should be something we could all watch - I fear you might think The Notebook to chick flick-y. Hey I'm looking out for you too!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a great plan, Ryan, and Yahoo IM will be great! I was also thinking it may be nice for the movie to be announced early enough in the week that those of us with irregular schedules who may not have a weekend day off can have already seen the movie!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was also thinking it may be nice for the movie to be announced early enough in the week that those of us with irregular schedules who may not have a weekend day off can have already seen the movie!
Great idea Steph... it'd also come in handy so we could maybe rent it a bit earlier if we need to!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

I don't know about Saw, that movie looked freaky!
Yes, I had never heard of it either, but after MA mentioned it, I checked out the website. Just the trailor alone was scary! If we watch this one, I'm going to need some of you guys to come hold my hand!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I had never heard of it either, but after MA mentioned it, I checked out the website. Just the trailor alone was scary! If we watch this one, I'm going to need some of you guys to come hold my hand!
I'm there chica! As long as I get to pet Sierra with the other hand!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw scared the snot out of me. I hate clows and there was a scarey one it in. NIGHTMARES
(just the clown part again) but the movie was really good. It makes you think.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved POTC. I seen it a little while ago so I can't really give you in an indepth review but it definitly has two thumbs up from me!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Just to watch Johnny in that Pirate getup for 2 hours get the thumbs up from me! Oh, there's a plot too?
It was those sexy, rotten pirate teeth wasn't it?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know why I thought he was sexy in that movie, either. Must have been the accent.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I don't know why I thought he was sexy in that movie, either. Must have been the accent.
Oh come on... we all know women go nuts for guys with rotten teeth, eyeliner and long hair with pretty beads in it. (just bugging you all.
)

By the way, I edited in some guidelines into the opening thread just to keep the minor details out of the way.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good guidelines, I'd say. However my vote on the poll is something different... maybe Ryan and the host/hostess each pick a movie and then we can decide which one? Or is that too complicated? Sorry, but I don't get the first option really...?

And I'd also encourage people to NOT select new releases... that way we can broaden our viewing experiences by watching classics... and it's cheaper too! Oh and more likely to be in stock.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Good guidelines, I'd say. However my vote on the poll is something different... maybe Ryan and the host/hostess each pick a movie and then we can decide which one? Or is that too complicated? Sorry, but I don't get the first option really...?

And I'd also encourage people to NOT select new releases... that way we can broaden our viewing experiences by watching classics... and it's cheaper too! Oh and more likely to be in stock.
The first selection basically means this:

1. Two movies are picked and watched each week.
2. Ryan always picks one of the movies.

The idea behind this was that I assume not everyone has the time to watch two movies every week, so maybe requiring the other person to just pick one would be less demanding. I don't want anyone to feel that they have to watch two. Regardless, I will always be renting two.

I'm not sure what you mean. Did you think that I meant we pick two potential movies and then decide on just one?

I don't mind the idea of avoiding new releases. In fact, it would lean that way if I was always picking them. I have lots of movies to catch up on, but whatever everyone wants here is fine.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly... you pick one movie, the other person picks another and then we decide which is better? I mean, that way you're not picking horror movies and we're stuck with that all weekend, or I'm picking chick flicks and you're cringing! It was just a thought, don't worry about it!

By the way, you know I didn't mean that we should NEVER pick new releases. Just if possible... there are so many movies that are classics that would be great to watch.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. One thing I didn't ask was if everyone else wanted to see two movies each weekend. That would have been a better question to ask in the poll first. Should we pick one or two movies?

2. Should we keep this all in one thread, or make a new thread each week?