The Secret Santa Discussion Thread - 2009

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Still no SS packages here.
I have a closet full of stuff I thought might be needed for the TCS Christmas Elves. I guess I'll have to break out some of the toys for my crew tomorrow. Does that make me my own TCS Elf?
Yep, sounds like it.

I'm not sure which is worse. Having a SS who is on the light side and makes you wait almost until Christmas before sending their gifts, or having a recipient on the light side! I can't wait until my recipient opens tomorrow. I hope they like what I made them.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I'm really bummed out my person hasnt told me if she got the package

I hope she's alright, maybe she's only had time to check in to TCS but not post
Have you tried contacting her? You can either use a snooper or PM her yourself? The direct approach is probably the best.

Still no SS packages here.
I have a closet full of stuff I thought might be needed for the TCS Christmas Elves. I guess I'll have to break out some of the toys for my crew tomorrow. Does that make me my own TCS Elf?
Lots of packages are getting hung up at the post office unfortunately. Although a bit disappointing, I'd hardly give up the ship just yet.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 years ago, my SS present didn't arrive until early January due to some extenuating circumstances with my sender. It came at a wonderful time though, and it was well worth the wait.

If you haven't received a present, do not stress - things are being held up at the post office, and there may be other circumstances involved.

If you've got no package and heard nothing by next week, then contact one of the organisers

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I opened my presents this morning, and got perfectly spoiled by my SS Jana (katachtig)!
I got two beautiful ornaments with pictures of my girls in them
, some yummy-looking chocolate bars, some toys for the girls (did you make those Jana? They're adorable!), a voodoo doll kit for "special occasions"
, a fleece throw (which the girls will more than likely appropriate
), treats for the girls, and a gorgeous fleece sweatshirt for me!

Thank you so much Jana!

I have to go to work soon, so pictures later!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent mine out 17 days ago I'm sure it has had time to arrive. I haven't heard if she has it or not. And still none has arrived for me yet.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I sent mine out 17 days ago I'm sure it has had time to arrive. I haven't heard if she has it or not. And still none has arrived for me yet.
I am so sorry you didn't receive yours in time for Christmas
and I hope you get it soon.

Has your recipient been online in the last little while? Maybe they haven't been able to post.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Maybe we should start a list of those who have not received their SS gifts yet. We can start with:

GoldyCat
gardenandcats

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

So that's where it is. Your Post Office must be holding them hostage.!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe we should start a list of those who have not received their SS gifts yet. We can start with:

GoldyCat
gardenandcats
Good idea....

I'm so sorry for everyone who did not receive their SS pkgs before Christmas, and am hoping
that they are just stuck in the mailing system which we know is very busy at this time of year.

I hope pressies come soon for you guys

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping my Santee will receive her's soon. I was late mailing it out, but I was really hoping it would be there before Christmas. The post office said it should have been there Christmas Eve...then snow happened, so I have NO idea how that affected shipping (isn't it supposed to be through rain, sleet, snow, darkness of night, etc???).

I just want to say I'm so sorry I didn't get it out sooner, and I will explain later. Some things were beyond our control. Keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives early next week.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I'm hoping my Santee will receive her's soon. I was late mailing it out, but I was really hoping it would be there before Christmas. The post office said it should have been there Christmas Eve...then snow happened, so I have NO idea how that affected shipping (isn't it supposed to be through rain, sleet, snow, darkness of night, etc???).

I just want to say I'm so sorry I didn't get it out sooner, and I will explain later. Some things were beyond our control. Keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives early next week.
To answer how snow affects shipping for us. We live in an area that does not get much snow. The last time we got more than 2 inches was 1998... Last Friday, we had 6 inches dump in 2 hours... it was bad. Interstate 26 and 81 were completely shut down. 100's of cars were stuck on the interstate for hours with the poor motorist stuck inside. I was at work and luckily our boss came and saved us and we spent the night at his house lol! But yeah it was a total mess.... I think total we had around 10 inches of snow, just depending on where you were at!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SS wasn't able to ship mine until after Christmas....bummer for Christmas, but on the lighter side, I have more time now to enjoy it than those few days headed into Christmas, lol!!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to everyone who hasn't received their presents yet! I can confirm that I have received my package, and my recipient has received theirs!

But on a different note, I already bought some stuff for my SS next year. My parents looked at me like I had lost my mind!