The Secret Santa Discussion Thread - 2009

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I sent my package today, and it should be at it's destination early in the week. I asked when they weighed it...it was 11 lbs!

Who thinks it's coming their way?
I am starting to run low on snow here...maybe you included some in the package...snow can be heavy.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 3 more mail days, I hope everyone who is still waiting receives their packages in time for Christmas

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Only 5 more days!!!
I might only make it to 4 more!
You have far more patience than I do...or did.

Slightly off topic, I can't believe how the holiday seems to have snuck up on me...today was the 21st and that just seems weird...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Only 5 more days!!!
I might only make it to 4 more!
The box sitting under my tree is getting more tempting each day
I'm trying to hold out and stay on the light side though!!!
5 more days! Lets be strong!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

The box sitting under my tree is getting more tempting each day
I'm trying to hold out and stay on the light side though!!!
5 more days! Lets be strong!!!
This late in the game, you light siders should have no probs holding out. Only today, tommorrow, and Thurs. left.

for those who haven't received their packages yet.....

that a lot of packages arrive in the mail today.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave in and PMed my santee to see if she got the package, but she hasnt been online in a few days....I think she's torturing me

I sure hope the package got there, I shipped it on the 4th, hopefully she's busy doing fun holiday stuff!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pace, pace, pace....look outside....pace, pace, pace, look outside....rinse and repeat multiple times.....I'm not a patient waiter, lmao! On the plus side...this may be as close to being on the light side as I ever get, lolol!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad I paid the extra to track my gift...days later it still says it was "received"....here!
I truly hope that's not the case. It should be at it's destination today.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

So glad I paid the extra to track my gift...days later it still says it was "received"....here!
I truly hope that's not the case. It should be at it's destination today.
My box from my mom said "received" all the way up until AFTER it was sitting on my front porch. Later that night, the entered all the delivery info.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think a lot of the US/Canada packages are having issues this year. I mailed a package to Fran on the 8th, well within all cutoff dates. The person took care of me at the Post Office even commented that I was smart to ship then and it would be there by Christmas. It just got scanned into customs in Montreal yesterday. I sent the package Priority. I could have driven it myself and got it their sooner.

I'm still hoping it gets their by Christmas.

Most of you that are waiting for packages, they are in the mail. There are a few Secret Santas that have not confirmed that they have shipped their packages, but most have.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I think a lot of the US/Canada packages are having issues this year. I mailed a package to Fran on the 8th, well within all cutoff dates. The person took care of me at the Post Office even commented that I was smart to ship then and it would be there by Christmas. It just got scanned into customs in Montreal yesterday. I sent the package Priority. I could have driven it myself and got it their sooner.

I'm still hoping it gets their by Christmas.

Most of you that are waiting for packages, they are in the mail. There are a few Secret Santas that have not confirmed that they have shipped their packages, but most have.
The weather probably isn't helping shipping issues either.

Its ok though...I know that whatever my SS sent to me is well worth waiting for! I just hope the package gets here before I completely wear out the carpet from going to the window every 10min to see if anything has arrived yet

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

This late in the game, you light siders should have no probs holding out. Only today, tommorrow, and Thurs. left.

for those who haven't received their packages yet.....

that a lot of packages arrive in the mail today.
Yesterday I ALMOST opened it!!! I was having a major pms related meltdown (which rarely happens to me....BUT yesterday was really crappy too so that's my excuse)
It was aweful!!
(but funny now...yesterday I cried at everything...."Dominik the Donkey" song that came on the radio, and even a picture in Cosmopolitan magazine
!!)

I resisted though! (and feel much better today!!) No opening of the box till Christmas!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

The weather probably isn't helping shipping issues either.
Very true...there's been some nasty stuff, particularly in the east.

Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Its ok though...I know that whatever my SS sent to me is well worth waiting for!
That's the truth!! And as I said to Karen, Christmas isn't over until Epiphany. Or look at it another way, to quote a birthday card my DH received a few years ago from one of his sisters, "Your birthday isn't over until the last card arrives" -- applies to Christmas too!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I think a lot of the US/Canada packages are having issues this year. I mailed a package to Fran on the 8th, well within all cutoff dates. The person took care of me at the Post Office even commented that I was smart to ship then and it would be there by Christmas.
I will second that. I mailed a package to Canada around that same time and I just heard that it arrived today. The post office told me a week back then. I think things are getting caught up in customs.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

That's the truth!! And as I said to Karen, Christmas isn't over until Epiphany. Or look at it another way, to quote a birthday card my DH received a few years ago from one of his sisters, "Your birthday isn't over until the last card arrives" -- applies to Christmas too!!
Hey, our family can celebrate Christmas anytime!

I am thinking about doing a year round Christmas present for my BIL, a bag with a selection of his fave snacks each month.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still waiting on mine to arrive.. every day I ask DH if anything came and he's like... "yeah, But no package!"
he so messes with me! But I am having fun this year with all the christmas cards that we are getting and now I have a cute little table with all of them on their and guess what? 95% of them have cats on them!!!
Even from people at work, family, neighbors and TCS'ers! I guess they all have me pegged!