The Secret Santa Discussion Thread - 2009

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I will second that. I mailed a package to Canada around that same time and I just heard that it arrived today. The post office told me a week back then. I think things are getting caught up in customs.
I'm betting on that. Karen's parcel to me left the US on the 13th, according to the tracking, five days after it was posted, but then there was an eight-day gap, before it was logged into Customs on the 21st. From Massachusetts to Montreal -- I don't care how it's travelling -- does NOT take 8 days, so it does look like Customs is taking its sweet time.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I bet the drug detecting dogs are sniffing out the catnip and the TCS packages are being pulled out.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I bet the drug detecting dogs are sniffing out the catnip and the TCS packages are being pulled out.
I joke with the post office about that every time I bring Auntie Em packages up there to ship. The local woman knows me well enough to joke about needing catnip sniffing cats working for them.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I joke with the post office about that every time I bring Auntie Em packages up there to ship. The local woman knows me well enough to joke about needing catnip sniffing cats working for them.
Xander will volunteer for that job! He can sniff it out of hiding every time

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

haha well hopefully ill be a darksider next year hehe or will i haha
I'm sure you will cross if your mam doesn't get her hands on your box.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so excited that my present has arrived. It's at the post office - I'm going to pick it up in the morning. I am anxious to see who my SS is, but I have almost decided to wait until Christmas to open the box. I am not good with putting pictures on the computer - that's why you only see Speck and none of my other cats. The plan is to have my brother take pictures on Christmas and post them on TCS for me.

Oh, but I'm easily tempted by chocolate. Should I open the box when I get it?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I am so excited that my present has arrived. It's at the post office - I'm going to pick it up in the morning. I am anxious to see who my SS is, but I have almost decided to wait until Christmas to open the box. I am not good with putting pictures on the computer - that's why you only see Speck and none of my other cats. The plan is to have my brother take pictures on Christmas and post them on TCS for me.

Oh, but I'm easily tempted by chocolate. Should I open the box when I get it?
Hold out and stay on the light side!!!!! Christmas is almost here!!!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gah I am passing the floors! I sent my package forever ago! It should be there by now! I sent priority! Come on post office!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just FYI: Amy mailed me a package via standard USPS, postmark dated Dec. 5th..... I got it Dec.23rd.

Gotta love the mail system eh..... and I don't think it was stuck in customs, or if it was, it wasn't tampered with.

I know the last date for us mailing standard post was the beginning of Dec. and for expresspost was the 14th, priority is the 21st for international shipments.

That said, maybe today will be the day

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

fingers crossed for you chris i think your SS wanted you to be a lightsider like me
ah but if your mam wasn't involved, would you still be a light sider? Hmmmm.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting!
Hurry up royal mail, or non specific parcel courier people lol, there's a santee and a kitty impaciently waiting!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't gotten mine yet, either.
I wasn't planning to open it until Christmas anyway, but it would have been nice to have some presents under the tree ahead of time.
On the other hand, I only got the tree up yesterday.

The package I sent was delivered at the time the Post Office said it would be. Unfortunately, my santee appears to be a lightsider. Either that or s/he is teasing me by not posting.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those of you who haven't recieved your packages yet- keep your spirits up!!
A few years ago, mine didn't come until Christmas Eve...it made it just in time!!!
I'm sure the other packages will too!! I think some places even deliver Christmas Day!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Still no SS packages here.
I have a closet full of stuff I thought might be needed for the TCS Christmas Elves. I guess I'll have to break out some of the toys for my crew tomorrow. Does that make me my own TCS Elf?