The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

...and I'm really happy that there are wonderful people in my life that go out of their way to make me smile, because sometimes I really need it. I am so used to being a "giver," and sometimes it just really feels wonderful to be the recipient. I'm getting a lot less awkward about it!

I couldn't agree more.
Very well said, Laurie.

Besides being grateful & blessed with the obvious (my furbabies), I'm also blessed with a wonderful son & granddaughter.
And in spite of my disability and the daily pain I endure, I'm grateful that it's not worse than it is, because there are others who are in even worse shape than I am.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got another positive!!

Now that I'm spending my days at home, my "little" Oscar has come out of his shell. He's always been an odd cat, and has literally lived in our bedroom and bathroom for the last 3 years, only venturing outside of it maybe once every few months. He's started to come out daily to sit in my lap, and nightly to eat wet food with the other cats.

He was chronically sick as a kitten, a late bloomer in size (he didn't really start to grow until he was over a year), and has always been cold and hot with his affection. It looks like he's finally coming into his own (at 6 years old). It's about time little one!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Had a nice, long chat with a friend from Texas last night and that made me feel wonderful. I truly talking with her. Good friends are hard to come by.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

And in spite of my disability and the daily pain I endure, I'm grateful that it's not worse than it is, because there are others who are in even worse shape than I am.
Indeed....even tho at times its hard to think that way, I try to....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Indeed....even tho at times its hard to think that way, I try to....
Yes, there are times when you're having one of "those" days, and in spite of yourself, you break down crying because you're so sick of hurting 24/7.
When those days occur, I try reminding myself that I can at least still walk & move around -- even if I do look like a little old crippled-up lady who should be in a wheelchair.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sometimes just accomplishing simple things is worth being positive about, and today is one of those - I got to the post and mailed a few packages.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked with a guy about doing tunics for a low/no budget indie film... I'll do one for the test run and if he likes it, and gets funding, he wants more... I'd get credit on film... pretty darn cool.... I've always thought of doing pro costumes... and this is a way in...

Amanda

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took my last exam today.....smoked it!!! I got an A!!
Now I'm officially on break until January 4th!
I'm happy

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to go into the office today for a farewell potluck lunch held in honor of the 3 people leaving at the end of the year (myself included). I tried to talk my boss into giving me the awesome mesh ergonomic chair that I've used 8 hours a day for the last 13 years and she couldn't get the company to give it to me. (I had it hidden in someone's cube in case I got it). So I wheeled it into a co-worker's office today and told him Merry Christmas. He had a crappy chair and had been nearly begging me for that chair when I told him I was leaving. I previously told him I was giving it to someone who had back problems just not to let him down.

I gave him 2 reasons for giving him the chair: unlike most people on the team where I left from, he was always friendly to me and he made me feel welcome. The second reason was that he's in the National Guard and spends a lot of time with them, and I told it was my thanks for serving his country. He actually broke down and cried. And that's what brought a huge smile on my face - that I touched him enough to bring out that emotion. He's a good man and I made the right choice.

I know, just a stupid chair, but people who work in IT always get the remnant crappy furniture that other groups discard and I was probably 1 of 3 people in the entire department of 800 that had that type of chair.

And second positive thing: my boss has pretty much given up on giving me any work to do, so I'm pretty much retired as of now.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I

I gave him 2 reasons for giving him the chair: unlike most people on the team where I left from, he was always friendly to me and he made me feel welcome. The second reason was that he's in the National Guard and spends a lot of time with them, and I told it was my thanks for serving his country. He actually broke down and cried. And that's what brought a huge smile on my face - that I touched him enough to bring out that emotion. He's a good man and I made the right choice.

And second positive thing: my boss has pretty much given up on giving me any work to do, so I'm pretty much retired as of now.
Both the above make me smile...Thanks for sharing that Amy, I needed a smile.

and
to the retirement.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fellow rescuer restored some of my faith in humanity when someone offered to adopt a pair of cats who were 14 y/o and 20 y/o (not found together, just happened to be in the pound at the same time) if she would go and 'pull' them from animal control.

We had our Christmas lunch at work today, it was nice to spend some time with my coworkers and just have fun rather than having to be the bad guy about deadlines etc

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't do anything today as it was a rough day for me, but I'm thankful for some nice time sitting with my daughters and watching tv.

I'm also thankful for a surprising response in a situation that I thought someone would get angry with me for.... he actually thanked me, and that is indeed a positive.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy because I finally got the second proof of my book and everything looks good. But since I'm such an impatient goof, I can't wait until the 25th to release it for sale... so it's released... I'll make a thread over in the Marketplace sometime soon...

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, going to see Kuura's kittens again! We are having troubles with deciding what sex one of the kittens is..
At first I thought it's a girl, but someone else said it's a boy and even the vet checked him/her out and couldn't tell which one he/she is. Last time i saw the babies they were less than a week old, now they are already 4 weeks and running around! I hope I don't end up stealing them all.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of
for everyone.

My dad lives in Vegas and I rarely ever get to see him, once every 2 years or so for about an hour.
But today I got a call and my dad and his awesome girlfriend are in town. An hour later they were here to visit my mom and me.
My dad was an abusive, alcoholic deadbeat and was never much of a role model for me. But he's a lot better now.
I love my daddy and I got to see him for Christmas.
I didn't realize how much I actually missed him until he was here. My Christmas spirits have soared.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful for not one, but 2 pleasant surprises today

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a nice visit with my ex SIL, who was very supportive and gave some good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.