The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very thankful that pet Pics with Santa is over, it was fun but three weekends full in a row has left me exhausted, we made over $1500 after expenses and ran it along side selling pet gift baskets for Christmas and a secret santa tree so over $2000 total

The crazy rush of summer strays also seems to have finally calmed down, although we have not had the first freeze yet to have the 'oh its cold I should do something about that stray' rush and despite a local shelter slashing their adoption prices in half, we still have a good adoption rate.

Oh and my niece started nursery school today and didnt even look back at my sister, just went and made friends. Positive for my niece but I think my sister is still crying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful to have gotten some more xmas shopping done, avoiding the crowds and germs by doing it online

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I'm thankful to have gotten some more xmas shopping done, avoiding the crowds and germs by doing it online
I so hear this! I went to Macy's here in NYC Saturday and it was CRAZY!
Line to get in, line to get out! Thousands of people in the store, and outside there were hundreds of people lined up to look at the window displays........

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, my co-worker gave me five peanut M & Ms today! It may not count as a positive post, but it sure made me smile! (It's the little things that mean the most....esp peanut M & Ms.)

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am happy that I'll be picking up my son's Electric Blue Crayfish at the post office tomorrow.

I am also thankful that the postman decided to *not* leave the crayfish box on the porch in this freezing cold weather. Go USPS!

Great thread!

Dave

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few little things from me...

I finished NaNoWriMo again last month... with a HUGE final day... that I swear I'll never try that stunt again (I swore that the first time i had over 10K in one day... and I did it again)

I survived my first term of graduate level courses... grades will show up on the 16th...

I sent my dad the make up piece I did for my non fiction class, it was about him through my life, four segments, one from each decade, and he likes it!

The fracture in my knee is healed and I finally have a note to clear my for going back to work... been out for nearly two months...

Amanda

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was very nice to have some catpeople over!
My BLH boy Utu's breeder and Utu's brother's owner came to see Utu and the new BLH princess of course.
Basically the evening consisted of 3 hours of awwwing, taking pics and talking about kitty stuff. The cats behaved surprisingly friendly (belly rubs and all) and showed their best tricks, I'm so proud of them.

And Kuura has finally gotten his playfulness back! He drowns his favourite mouse again, plays fetch with it, carries it around and purrs to it. Cat and his mouse, what can I say..

I introduced two people to eachother and I think there's definitely some kind of crush developing between them.
I hope things go well.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my birthday this Friday and I have a fajita lunch at work and So you think you can dance tickets at night!
What a fun day it will be!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my boys got neutered today

(this is a good thing, because my cats seem to get sick often, so theres always the chance that I wouldn't be able to get them in before spraying)

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smooch let me cuddle him today and i got a good 30-40 seconds before he hissed at me and tried to kill me

(the cat hates me for whatever reason)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to have woken in a slightly better mood than earlier this week.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my fur babies and I couldn't be more grateful for them.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching Luna trying to scare 'an unknown kitten' who keeps appearing in the mirror...
She's jumping sideways in front of the mirror with fur standing up and trying to look mean, then she makes sudden 'attacks' towards the mirror and runs to hide because the kitten in the mirror seems to be as tough as she is.
I'm laughing my ass off and wondering how anyone can live without cats?!
Ah, she's just the cutest little cotton candy fluff ball.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so thankful that work is more or less leaving me alone these last few days that I'll be working there. I'm getting a lot of things done that I would normally not have the time to do (like getting the dead bugs out of the ceiling fan light fixtures
).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gary's been fighting the flu for a while now, and seems to be starting to fight his way back into a better frame of mind. I'm just thankful for every minute I have with him because I never know when he's going to reach that point that he just can't take anymore...but I'm especially thankful when he's in a better frame of mind.

...and I'm really happy that there are wonderful people in my life that go out of their way to make me smile, because sometimes I really need it. I am so used to being a "giver," and sometimes it just really feels wonderful to be the recipient. I'm getting a lot less awkward about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.