The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling positive about the workout my friend and I did today. We are going to be on track this year! My entire body is aching horribly from all the muscle exercises and cardio we did today
It's gonna be a good year with great goals

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I'm feeling positive about the workout my friend and I did today. We are going to be on track this year! My entire body is aching horribly from all the muscle exercises and cardio we did today
It's gonna be a good year with great goals
Excellent!

I'm also feeling positive about my desire to lose some weight. I've been very good all year so far! The whole 5 days! I've been having a sensible breakfast, a nutritious lunch and supper and have been snacking on fruits mid morning and afternoon, and not having evening snacks after dinner...just water or tea in the evening. Plus I'm staying away from caffeinated coffee in favour of decaf.

Can't do much exercising though. Still getting over the flu, but I'm trying to walk around more at work to get in some walking (too cold and slippery to walk outside).

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While the initial news of this isn't so positive, I'm going to put a positive spin on it. I found out today that because of my really bad quarter last term at school (and the resulting GPA), I can't work my student job until I get my grades for the term I'm just starting. I'll most likely still have the job waiting for me... they love what I've done so far (this is a hiccup... it was a REALLY off term last Fall).

So, I'll use the extra time to really dig in and declutter... as well as work on stuff for Etsy. I'm doing leatherworking... I made a butterfly pin for my friend for Christmas and it was definitely something i could sell... I want to gradually do other designs as well... so, the time will be spent dutifully engaging in positive and hopefully money-making) projects.

Even last year, when I had busted my knee, everyone said I was so d*** cheerful for having a fractured kneecap...

When life gives you lemons... you make some kick-a** lemonade. That's how i see it.

So, while it's not a wholly positive thing... I'm making something positive from it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Linda, keep up the good work!

And Amanda? I'm sorry about the grades and the job (for now), but I LOVE your outlook, and for the etsy project!!!!!

I'm smiling because Gary got some much needed sleep last night.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There really are wonderful people in this world.
Of course, many are members of this site, and a real angel sent Gary and I the gift of a dinner out.
It was sweet and thoughtful, and we really needed it. We enjoyed a lovely late lunch/early dinner today, and didn't need to worry about whether or not it fit into the budget.

I'm just all smiles, and it's been a while!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

There really are wonderful people in this world.
Of course, many are members of this site, and a real angel sent Gary and I the gift of a dinner out.
It was sweet and thoughtful, and we really needed it. We enjoyed a lovely late lunch/early dinner today, and didn't need to worry about whether or not it fit into the budget.

I'm just all smiles, and it's been a while!
This is really happy news.

I'm positive today because I'm going for a little four day holiday soon with my boyfriend and it's going to be sooooooooooooo relaxing!

ETA: that smilie really didn't go with relaxing did it

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm positive and thankful that I'm in a happy stable relationship with a man who loves me for me and that he's not sick of me even after a short 7 years

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive post- My new great niece (Kendall Ann Larkin) was born yesterday!!!
She is beautiful; perfect and healthy in every way!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Nikki!

I'm positive because the outside kitties seem to be doing GREAT despite the frigid weather! *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF* Baby and the little black kitty were running around playing today - wiggle butts and all!

(And yeah... not naming them has really helped not get attached to them or worry about them so much. NOT.
).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THE WEATHER HAS TURNED!
OK - today/tonight is a quick reminder of what we've been through - but then we anticipate being above freezing during the days!

I'm pretty sure that as the melt continues and I'm ankle-deep in mud that I'll be remembering the snow and ice fondly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

THE WEATHER HAS TURNED!
OK - today/tonight is a quick reminder of what we've been through - but then we anticipate being above freezing during the days!

I'm pretty sure that as the melt continues and I'm ankle-deep in mud that I'll be remembering the snow and ice fondly.

It's messy n yucky and painful but there's small blessings in seeing the sun and longer warmer days.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and

I'm thankful for good friends who've really put forth some kindness in helping me thru the last 2 mos of a serious depression for me, without u I don't know that I would have pulled through this one, thank you.

I'm glad to have finally got out of my bad time, seeing the sun has helped and the mild weather is nice even tho it causes excruciating pain flare ups which is the only downfall but I'll take the sun

I'm thankful for friends without drama.

I'm thankful for a few more wks of pay, a roof over my head and healthy kids.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Chris I'm so glad to see you round the forum again and that your feeling better

I'm over the moon I got my holiday all sorted and its only 51days away

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Aww Chris I'm so glad to see you round the forum again and that your feeling better
thx Hun, I'm happy to be getting back to it. This battle was awful so I'll take any little improvements. Missed your smileyness

I'm over the moon I got my holiday all sorted and its only 51days away
wooohoooooo, if anyone deserves a holiday it's you. 51 days isn't much at all

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just missed you hun had no one to keep me sane haha oh and touch wood everything is ok on the home front with you know who which is good!

I'm so looking forward to my holiday I've got it all planned even down to the Chinese takeaway we are having

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw thx to 2 of my favorite ladies

It was a beauty day today, and I was able to get out for a bit of a walk even tho the mild weather flares everything. I intend to enjoy the sun while we have it.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased today because we thought the megane was well and truely broke having injector failure costing anything up to about £1000 but its not its been bad fuel and to much air getting into the fuel giving symptoms of injector failure so massive Phew...........

I'm glad you managed to get out Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.