The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker

Mandarin tried to check on me today to make sure the storms weren't scaring me too bad while I was on the toilet. He came and wrapped his tail around me, trying not to be scared myself, and rubbed against me as if to say, "It's okay Mommy. It's just a storm. Not fireworks. We're okay."
How sweet!

AJ, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positive things for today...
We haven't been thrown out of the RV park even though rent is past due, and it looks like we may be signing another contract.

And I've made a new friend who has given me links to a technique for dealing with negative emotions and their repercussions, and it is really helping me - and I think Gary - and the kitties.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I won the sweep at work for the world cup

Im upto date with my bills for a change, manaed to even pay 2 off

Oh and we bought a tent so we can go camping as the MIL is going to keep the cat room a cat room after blaine moves back out with me, and i really trust her to look after my babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a downward slump at the moment and finding positives difficult to come by...

But I will stand firm on believing that no matter what life throws at me, someone always has it worse. I need to think that way and be thankful that things are not worse than they are.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am recovering from knee surgery....the surgery was done this past Tuesday. I've not been able to walk for exercise now for about four months. Turns out that there was a nasty tear in the meniscus and the cartilage damage in the knee was more severe than what the MRI showed. So, I'm off work for the next 3 or 4 weeks til the knee heals. I start physical therapy tomorrow morning.

I am blessed with family and friends. I know, I've said that before, but it's so true.

My DH took vacation this week, so that he could stay home and take care of me and he's been doing a wonderful job catering to my every whim.

My MIL made several meals and brought them down, so that DH doesn't have to worry about cooking.

My sister and BIL came in last night and brought pizza for dinner.

One of my GFs from work visited yesterday, bringing some peanut M & Ms.....just because she knows how much I love them.

My brother and SIL are coming Friday night and bringing Chinese take-out (b/c my brother knows how much I enjoy Chinese).

My GFs from out-of-state are taking turns calling me to make sure that I'm OK and not flipping out because I'm bored.

One of my co-workers came down to visit, bringing DVDs for me to watch. And some peanut M & Ms. And a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips.

Another of my work GFs visited. bringing ten library books...and a bottle of wine. She knows me so well and chose all of the books. And she did a great job. I can't drink the wine because of the pain meds. So when my DH goes to Oregon next month for a week, she and I are getting together again and this time I'll be able to help her with the wine!

Recovering from surgery is never fun. But I'm so lucky to have people who love me!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I am in a downward slump at the moment and finding positives difficult to come by...

But I will stand firm on believing that no matter what life throws at me, someone always has it worse. I need to think that way and be thankful that things are not worse than they are.
My father died on the afternoon I wrote that

I am so thankful that he was able to walk me down the aisle 3yrs ago.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very appreciative of my youngest daughter being willing to put up with her mom being tired and napping, even though it means she's pretty bored since she has to be quiet.

I've discovered that I mean more to some ppl than what I realised, and that is a big positive.

I ran into an old friend on the weekend, when I was at Walmart, and he and his wife treated me just like they had seen me yesterday....with very welcoming arms. I am very grateful for that.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No welts today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!
And I found out who sings the version of the song "Creep" on the trailer for Social Network and have had it stuck in my head all day. Full of beautiful choral representations of one of my favorite songs of all time!

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fun thread!

Positives..hmm.. I found a dress I absolutely adore! And, it isn't AS expensive as I thought it was going to be!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy that my wedding dress fits like a dream after having Landon 10 months ago, and it's even a little bit
but thankfully it's a corset back so we just have to pull it a little tighter!

I'm also really excited that Landon has started walking

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful my daughter is back from camp and we've had some quality time together

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thankful that i had an interview which lead to a trail position unfortnalty the boss is a bit of a a$$ and wouldnt show me how to work anything and wanted me to work for free for the next month while he decided if i was going to get and keep the job so now im thankfull i realised early enough what he is like

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today started off better than yesterday, and that is a very good thing

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Been worrying about how to pay to get my oil changed and realized I have a Maintenance certificate from GM to get it done, 4 times this year for free (including other stuff!) and had 2 free visits left! When I went in this morning after a long night of work, the lady was giving away flowers to the women who came in for oil changes. I got a bright lime green dyed bunch of daisies. I usually don't like flowers, but somehow this made my day, and when I put them on my dash and came out of the grocery store and saw them later, I smiled even bigger. It was so nice

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a tough summer, and a few signs from above, I'm finally choosing the school path that brightens my life the most. I'll still keep applying for the MFA in Creative Writing, but the option I initially picked to 'fill the gap' didn't quite happen. So, I rethought a few things. I'll be starting on a second BA in Theater Arts, focusing on Scenography. The idea of creating sets and props and such just makes me smile. This decision has calmed me a bit. I wasn't sure of the other path, but this feels right.

Amanda

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both posts made me smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda, I'm glad it feels right, and I'm sure that means this is the right decision! you enjoy and it all works out GREAT!

I'm positive because it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, and despite the pain, Gary's in a pretty good mood today.
AND I got lots of sleep last night.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so thankful the rain held off untill after we were done at the cemetary and at the legion indoors

I'm glad my Dad is in his final resting place.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling really positive these days, just even about live in general.

After some pretty horrible situations/drama/whatever, I was due for a turnaround and found it in a way I never imagined.

I value the growth, both personal growth and growth as a parent, a wife and a friend.

Life is fairly good to me right now, for that I am very thankful.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im thankful for the quiet time im getting to have with Blaine this week even if it is going to quickly

and im thankful my babies are friends again

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Im thankful for the quiet time im getting to have with Blaine this week even if it is going to quickly

and im thankful my babies are friends again
and I'm glad AJ got to spend time with Flash and Sooty this week. (oh and Blaine)

I'm also thankful its the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.