The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So much wonderful babbling. We are experiencing a heat wave here (45F 7C) which is quite warm because our high 2 days ago was 0F -17C. The first day of the cold front wasn't sunny so Carly had no sunspot. She would look at me and told me in a plaintive, almost whisper mew that there was no sunspot. She demanded to have her sunspot immediately. But there was no sun and such a sad Carly. A kitty denied a sunspot is a very sad sight. Fortunately, Colorado has around 300 days of sun so the sun came back and Carly is snoozing in the sun now.

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

hey @stevernie....some of those coats were like "what were they thinking???"
....ireland had some green looking duck hunting outfits...its the olympics...not duck dynasty.

croatia had black coats with their trademark checkerboard on the sleeve....looks like a pit crew for nascar....and  canada had the usually red colour....boring.  i can't pick a favorite yet....but germany...multi colored is up there.

what was your favourite?
OMG...and China-those long blue things. No offense if anyone here is from China-but ish-ugly. I kind of liked oh crap,I can't remember who it was-they were at the beginning with like a Nordic print and they were brown,turquoise and purple. They rocked. Of course,kind of hard to remember them all with heavy duty cold medicine in me. 

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So much wonderful babbling. We are experiencing a heat wave here (45F 7C) which is quite warm because our high 2 days ago was 0F -17C. The first day of the cold front wasn't sunny so Carly had no sunspot. She would look at me and told me in a plaintive, almost whisper mew that there was no sunspot. She demanded to have her sunspot immediately. But there was no sun and such a sad Carly. A kitty denied a sunspot is a very sad sight. Fortunately, Colorado has around 300 days of sun so the sun came back and Carly is snoozing in the sun now.
You too?  We are expecting around 40 in a couple days, up from about 5.  That really is a heat wave!!  We can hardly wait! 

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I though the US sweaters were horrendous ......I heard they were designed by Ralph Lauren but they looked like they belonged at a bad sweater Christmas party

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I though the US sweaters were horrendous ......I heard they were designed by Ralph Lauren but they looked like they belonged at a bad sweater Christmas party
LOL....they were not that bad....i liked the olympic rings on one side, the USA on other and flag on arm....but i think there were too many stars....dizzy.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A random question:

Do any of you just find yourself  looking out a window for no apparent reason?  I will glance up and look out my window in my computer room here, and find myself just hypnotized by nothing at all.  I'll sit and look out the window for several minutes before I break the spell. 

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 182381
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

View media item 183267
1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

A random question:

Do any of you just find yourself  looking out a window for no apparent reason?  I will glance up and look out my window in my computer room here, and find myself just hypnotized by nothing at all.  I'll sit and look out the window for several minutes before I break the spell. 
that is your brain telling you to take a break from the computer screen....smart brain....i love looking out the window....do you think our cats see the same things?

That is a constant for me. I see a horse farm, squirrels,  bamboo swaying in the breeze and a silly forsythia bush that thinks it is Spring and is starting to bud. 
southern va, has bamboo....what???what are you looking at... lol....don't say patio furniture either.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I've just discovered that the fancy feast cat food is called Gourmet here in England :nod:

Just thought I would share that :D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow @GemsGem, nice info' on the Gourmet!  I love how international this site is and how much it's possible to learn - even in a babbling thread.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli just broke the child lock on the big kitchen cabinet, dragged out a 1 kg. (2.2 lbs) box of breadcrumbs, chewed it open and got masses of crumbs all over the floor I just cleaned.

Last edited:

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is a constant for me. I see a horse farm, squirrels,  bamboo swaying in the breeze and a silly forsythia bush that thinks it is Spring and is starting to bud. 
Your "silly forsythia" bush must be listening to the news - I just heard a news story about them all starting to bloom, no matter WHAT that stupid groundhog said! 

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 182381
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

View media item 183267

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hey @jcat, scary cat that Mogli! 
   Great achievement. 
  I think Mogli might be a fair match for @Mani's crew and they are pretty good at opening doors and stuff if I remember correctly.   You might have to change over to star locks on your kitchen cabinet if you want to avoid a repeat performance.

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have bamboo.  It is wild here. Makes a nice privacy fence, but very invasive.  Comes up in May and cutting is a daily chore until June.  Cats love to play in the thicket.  

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 182381

View media item 183267

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 182381

View media item 183267

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So do you think we are going to make to 1000 posts before the end of the month ?

I think we all need to post more ! Come on everyone post some more posts ! :clap:

Last edited: