The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

stormi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I wish I didn't have rainbow kitties..miss them so much. So speaking of things we don't see - anyone ever been hugged by an angel?
I believe I have! This angel was invisible though- on a freezing cold morning when I was walking to the bus stop I suddenly felt this warm shawl being wrapped around me. I was surprised and looked down, but there was no shawl. Unfortunately, the warmth went away abruptly- but it must have been an angel of some sort. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I learnt this cat fact today

Cats can make over 100 vocal sounds, while dogs can only make 10. Also cats rarely meow at other cats
I am going to have to have a talk with Abby about this as she rarely meows. She apparently has a huge repertoire and she is holding back.
No, she just thinks you"re a cat .

I just bought about 10 big rocks for my garden.  Now I can't put them anywhere because they're too heavy.  I'll have to roll them around the place. I really should have through this through....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I believe I have! This angel was invisible though- on a freezing cold morning when I was walking to the bus stop I suddenly felt this warm shawl being wrapped around me. I was surprised and looked down, but there was no shawl. Unfortunately, the warmth went away abruptly- but it must have been an angel of some sort. 
Me too. Once in true deep desperation, faced with a life and death decision for one of my most dearest cats, I suddenly was embraced from the back with a warm hug..no one was there.  I was comforted because I realized I was NOT alone.

catwithmycoffee

Six Cats Crazy Cat Parents
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats seem to know that I'm currently unemployed.  I mean, other than the fact that I've barely left the house in the last two weeks.  I know they can sense when I'm stressed, and I broke down a couple of nights ago.  Filling out all those job aplications online (last count, up to 30) can really take a toll on a gal.  All 3 have been far more affectionate than usual.  This morning after I fed everyone I crawled back in to bed; woke up a couple hours later to find Sam curled up behind my knees, Bazinga under the covers kneading my belly, and Lizzie at the foot of the bed.  A rare occurance. 

By the way, I do have at least two interviews scheduled for the beginning of next week.  And potentially a third; waiting for the lady to call me back.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wasn't  "Men In Tights" a hilarious Mel Brooks movie?  Or  maybe it was a preview of the Bolshoi ballet.....  I always get these things mixed up! 
My husband loves that movie. The only thing I could say was what the 

My cats seem to know that I'm currently unemployed.  I mean, other than the fact that I've barely left the house in the last two weeks.  I know they can sense when I'm stressed, and I broke down a couple of nights ago.  Filling out all those job aplications online (last count, up to 30) can really take a toll on a gal.  All 3 have been far more affectionate than usual.  This morning after I fed everyone I crawled back in to bed; woke up a couple hours later to find Sam curled up behind my knees, Bazinga under the covers kneading my belly, and Lizzie at the foot of the bed.  A rare occurance. 

By the way, I do have at least two interviews scheduled for the beginning of next week.  And potentially a third; waiting for the lady to call me back.
Job searching sucks. I've been searching since September of last year. I think I am giving up.

Good luck on the interviews. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19  

Job searching sucks. I've been searching since September of last year. I think I am giving up.

Good luck on the interviews. 
@catlover19 ....don't give up....just take a break for awhile.  If there are any job agencies in your area...try those...i know they take a cut of your pay....but my sister ended up getting her fulltime job that way....only thing is that when she had the job....then the older agencies called her back up....like when it rains..it pours.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went grocery shopping ALONE tonight!  Who would have thought that Friday night is the time to grocery shop at Walmart in peace??  I left the kids home with DH and aahhhhh!  I picked up their valentines too.  A little puppy for DS, stickers for DD, M&Ms for both and candy hearts for both.  DS loves to hug on stuffed animals; it's so hard not to get one the size of him!!
  Of course I know after he hugs it; he'll wrestle with it.  Or do like he does to DD's dolls and give them a big hug before slamming them on the ground and moving to something else.  Brothers!!

Good luck rolling your rocks Mani!

And don't give up on the job search catlover19!  It took me 7 months to get something when I was laid off in 2007.  Every good job I've ever had came because I knew someone who knew someone.  The in-between is hard though!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Yes!  I believe there are ghosts.  I even believe there are animal ghosts.  And even though I have never seen a ghost, I think if I had a choice I would rather see an animal one! ....
I believe that our animals come back to visit with us. I know I've mentioned this before.....both Rick and I have seen Hydrox, The Old Coot. He's been gone now for many years, but we see him from time to time now.

I saw him first. I see him walking on the floor by the bed.....he'll come into the bedroom, walk by the bed, turn the corner at the foot of the bed and then he's gone again. One morning I was drying my hair in the bathroom and I saw a black "shadow" pad back the hallway. I checked and all the cats were fast asleep. It was Hydrox. I know it was Hydrox. I hesitated for quite a while to tell Rick, but one night, after seeing Hydrox pretty much every day for almost a week, I told Rick that I had something to tell him. And he said, "I know, Pam; I see him, too." And then he told me how often he saw Hydrox. Only out of the corner of our eyes; if we look directly at him, he's gone.

One morning I was lying in bed, about half asleep. And suddenly I felt something "poke" my left hip. It was hard enough that it awakened me. Nothing was there. I think it was Hydrox as he used to do that when he would first jump up in bed. There was a position he wanted me to be in, so he could curl up in my stomach and if I wasn't in that position, he'd poke at me. And I'd move, so he could come in and curl up. That was the same poke.

I think this is Hydrox's way of telling us that he's here....and he's OK. And that he'll see us when we pass, too. I hope so. We haven't seen him in a while now.

And there are days that I think I would sell my soul for a chance to see Banshee again. So just I know she's OK, too. I still miss her so much.

Have a great time with your rocks, Mani! (Rock n roll! Who knew? 
)

Keep looking, catlover19! There's a job out there somewhere! 

Sounds like you had a great time, Mooch! 

And if cats can make 100 different vocal sounds, Rick says that our Tabby probably knows 99 of them.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes: for the job searches and rocks. Here's to being able to shop in peace!

I found some firm, 85% feather, 15% down pillows. DH is already complaining that they're going to have to be fluffed every morning. That's the idea - you can fluff them, unlike foam pillows.

Mogli got caught trying to steal a hot potato off the drainboard this morning. I was letting them cool before I peeled them for potato salad. He'd just had some treats for clicker training, so he couldn't have been that starved that he needed to steal a potato.

I've seen ghosts, so I definitely believe in them. Unfortunately, I haven't seen Jamie, though one night not long after he died I was sure he was in bed with me. Mogli was on my feet, so it couldn't have been him.

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you all watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics?? I want some of those coats and outfits. I'm rather jealous of the bright colors. I need a coat like that so everyone can see me and get out of my way...crash.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you all watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics?? I want some of those coats and outfits. I'm rather jealous of the bright colors. I need a coat like that so everyone can see me and get out of my way...crash.
Maybe we could just drop you in a big dunk tank of Tang - make that orange a little brighter.  AND have all your vitamin C for the day! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried everything for finding a job aside from working for the placement agencies. I've seen 2 different people that help find jobs, I've applied for every job I've seen that I could do for about 5 months now. I've only had 3 interviews out of all of that. I won't work for a placement agency, the one here is awful. I think I am just going to be a stay at home mom, and we are talking about adding another family member (the human kind).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's 11:49 and I am still in my pajamas. :sigh: I've been fighting off a cold and I am just so tired and have so little motivation.

Aaron is an odd one with his pillows. He's had them for years and refuses to let me replace them. They have to be in a certain order and certain position in order for his to sleep. :dk:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not all that particular about pillows, as long as they're fairly flat and firm. Part of that is because we have a water bed.

I think the bad weather from the UK and France has come here - it's raining again and very, very windy. We've only had one day without rain in about three weeks.

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I think I am just going to be a stay at home mom, and we are talking about adding another family member (the human kind).
that is probably like the most work ever for a job...my mom cooked, cleaned, did laundry, sewed, knitted, dressed us for school, listened to our problems, sat with us when we were sick, fed our animals etc, etc,....not much recognition at the time....no huge promotions....and i am  sure i could NOT do half of all that without complaining or quitting. lol.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Just now catching up on this thread. So going back to some of the first posts, my dad always used tooth powder when I was growing up. He'd pour some powder into his hand, wet his toothbrush and then rub it around in the powder to make a paste. He let us try it once in a while. I actually liked the taste better than the regular toothpaste but it was too messy for me. Took some work to wash it off my hand afterward.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just now catching up on this thread. So going back to some of the first posts, my dad always used tooth powder when I was growing up. He'd pour some powder into his hand, wet his toothbrush and then rub it around in the powder to make a paste. He let us try it once in a while. I actually liked the taste better than the regular toothpaste but it was too messy for me. Took some work to wash it off my hand afterward.
Oh wow, that's right!  I had forgotten all about tooth powder!  We had that when I was a kid, too (longer ago than I want to admit!).  I wonder if they still make it? 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

hey @stevernie....some of those coats were like "what were they thinking???"
....ireland had some green looking duck hunting outfits...its the olympics...not duck dynasty.

croatia had black coats with their trademark checkerboard on the sleeve....looks like a pit crew for nascar....and  canada had the usually red colour....boring.  i can't pick a favorite yet....but germany...multi colored is up there.

what was your favourite?