The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm have been giving our cat Noel (who like a Japanese Bobtail, and is the red head in the house - a red mctabby with a ton of white - on face, belly and all 4 legs)  baths currently because he's been having some skin issues, and he smells sooooooooooooo nice.  I can't believe how good he is about it - just stands in the sink and talks at me, and tried to shortcut the towel drying by leaping into my arms..lol.

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ya know what irritates me?  The absolute glee the local TV weather persons show when announcing the imminent arrival of another arctic cold air mass, or major snow storm. We have a couple of them around here that just can't seem to contain their excitement.  It frosts me, pardon the pun. 

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you know where the saying "close but no cigar" came from? People say that all the time but what the heck does it mean?

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ya know what irritates me?  The absolute glee the local TV weather persons show when announcing the imminent arrival of another arctic cold air mass, or major snow storm. We have a couple of them around here that just can't seem to contain their excitement.  It frosts me, pardon the pun. 
I guess you have to see it from their point of view.  Without disastrous weather, there is really nothing interesting about their job!  So they have to make a big deal about the bad weather!  I know how you feel.  We're in the northwest, and we are getting hit with a pretty good winter storm for the next couple days. Lotta snow, single digit temps, sub-zero wind chill.  All the stuff the weather guys on TV love to make a big deal about. ...

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I guess you have to see it from their point of view.  Without disastrous weather, there is really nothing interesting about their job!  So they have to make a big deal about the bad weather!  I know how you feel.  We're in the northwest, and we are getting hit with a pretty good winter storm for the next couple days. Lotta snow, single digit temps, sub-zero wind chill.  All the stuff the weather guys on TV love to make a big deal about. ...

Yeah but they are so rarely right - as to how much, when and if they are sure.  LOL.  It's so rare to see snow at this time of the year in my area of Puget Sound.  Brrrr on toast is my expression of this cold weather!  ;-)

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah but they are so rarely right - as to how much, when and if they are sure.  LOL.  It's so rare to see snow at this time of the year in my area of Puget Sound.  Brrrr on toast is my expression of this cold weather!  ;-)
.... I know!  We were supposed to get "a trace" of snow last night, ended up with an inch.  Supposed to have 3 to 4 inches tonight.  So, we figure anywhere from none to about 8 inches! ...
.... No wait!  Nothing funny about that 8 inches..... 

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How about " clean as a whistle" ? Is a whistle really that clean because I would imagine that it is full of spit and stuff.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about " clean as a whistle" ? Is a whistle really that clean because I would imagine that it is full of spit and stuff.
I agree - yuck!  I can only think it might refer to the old steam whistles from the REALLY old days.  Being steam powered, they would be pretty clean!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How about the saying " the bees knees " ??? Bees don't have knees and if they did what would be so special about them ??

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what makes me feel old (sigh...).  Expressions like "I'm jelly" which took me way too long to realize meant "I'm jealous".  LOL.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about the saying " the bees knees " ??? Bees don't have knees and if they did what would be so special about them ??
Funny thing.  It originally DID mean something small and insignificant.  It came to mean something special, like the Cat's Pajamas.  Maybe because a bee's knees WOULD be pretty rare! ... Like cat's pajamas!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Funny thing.  It originally DID mean something small and insignificant.  It came to mean something special, like the Cat's Pajamas.  Maybe because a bee's knees WOULD be pretty rare! ... Like cat's pajamas! :lol3:
Oh I get it now.

Oh thanks for that I get it now. I've never heard of the cats pyjamas, I've heard of the cats whiskers.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I get it now.

Oh thanks for that I get it now. I've never heard of the cats pyjamas, I've heard of the cats whiskers.
See, now there's one I don't understand.  Why would cat's whiskers be something special?  They're pretty common.  ALL cats have them!  But not every cat has his own set of pajamas!

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you believe in ghosts? My kids have been saying they are afraid of ghosts lately after watching a movie.....I wish I could tell them there is no such thing but I am just not sure, sure are a lot of shows and people claiming to have seen them

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you believe in ghosts? My kids have been saying they are afraid of ghosts lately after watching a movie.....I wish I could tell them there is no such thing but I am just not sure, sure are a lot of shows and people claiming to have seen them
Yes!  I believe there are ghosts.  I even believe there are animal ghosts.  And even though I have never seen a ghost, I think if I had a choice I would rather see an animal one! ....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I surprisingly often in a year will see out of the corner of my eye, one of my now over the rainbow bridge sweeties.  I often see Bookie, Patrick and Tyler.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I surprisingly often in a year will see out of the corner of my eye, one of my now over the rainbow bridge sweeties.  I often see Bookie, Patrick and Tyler.
Oh wow!  Shadow kitties!  Yes, I see (and even think I hear or feel) some of my Rainbow kitties!  I know some people think it's just wishful thinking, but it happens whether I'm thinking about them or not! .

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have any rainbow kitties yet, maybe that's why I haven't seen any. I do have a rainbow bunny, I will keep an eye out for him

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I didn't have rainbow kitties..miss them so much. So speaking of things we don't see - anyone ever been hugged by an angel?