The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Me sign off before midnight @cat nap?  I might, but I am trying to keep my head full of rubbish for as long as possible so I don't get stressed about my meeting in the morning so will see how it goes. I tried to watch Rebel Without a Cause but didn't make it all the way through for some reason.  Probably playing with a cat or something daft.  I love old movies.

Mouse has been lurking in the dark of the kitchen for most of the evening so I suspect he has caught a wiff of fresh mouse in there.....   Mind you, he's also just been back in the sitting room to have a few biscuits thrown for him and a little pamper from me so he obviously doesn't think he's going to catch a fresh mouse just yet. 
   He is currently walking back and forth between me in the sitting room and the kitchen at the other end of the apartment and meowing pitifully.  I just went through and brushed his teeth, I wonder what else he could be wanting? 

Actually his food bowl was filled with fresh biscuits when I brushed his teeth so I think he is telling me I should be going to bed too.  Why is everyone except me sensible?  

How come everyone seems to have amazing weather except me?  Do I have a personalized rain cloud out to get me? 

@MoochNNoodles, I seem to remember one of my brother's kids doing that and it was hard not to laugh but at the same time - eugh!  Bye bye teeth!  I hope DS has recovered from the shock and has a sound sleep to recover.  You too, with an intact finger! Have you ever made salt dough? I still have a vision of my friend's daughter when she was almost 3 (now 23) when she decided she was missing out on something tasty when me and her mom were mixing up the salt dough ready to make chirstmas decorations with her:    she grabbed hold of a fist full and stuffed it in her mouth before either of us could stop her.

Good to see babbling picking up again.  Mind you, that probably means we'll pass another marker while Mouse and I try to get some zzzz.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
.... I love old movies. I like them too, but have not watched many lately. Then one person mentioned to me that many "new movies" were copies of originals, and I do not know if I should watch them or not.

My favourites were some of the Alfred Hitchcock ones like Vertigo and Bedroom Window.                                                                                                      

Mouse has been lurking in the dark of the kitchen for most of the evening so I suspect he has caught a wiff of fresh mouse in there.....   Mind you, he's also just been back in the sitting room to have a few biscuits thrown for him and a little pamper from me so he obviously doesn't think he's going to catch a fresh mouse just yet. 
   He is currently walking back and forth between me in the sitting room and the kitchen at the other end of the apartment and meowing pitifully.  I just went through and brushed his teeth, I wonder what else he could be wanting? 

Actually his food bowl was filled with fresh biscuits when I brushed his teeth so I think he is telling me I should be going to bed too.  Why is everyone except me sensible?  
   How often do you brush Mouse's teeth?  And you are sensible, just differently sensible, you" have to fill your head with rubbish"....lol....I love that expression....lol.

How come everyone seems to have amazing weather except me?  Do I have a personalized rain cloud out to get me? 
  I do not know if the show the "Flintstones" were popular there, but in it there is a family next door named "the Gruesomes" and they have a raincloud following them.  Also, another show which my sister loves called "the Munsters" have the lady of the house, opening the shutters to a stormy, windy day....and announcing that she just "loves glorious days like these"....so maybe its a matter of how you look at it.   I sometimes love the rain, because it is relaxing.  

Good to see babbling picking up again.  Mind you, that probably means we'll pass another marker while Mouse and I try to get some zzzz.......Seriously, though, where is everyone???  Was there a TCS party invitation that I missed?   Come on, tell me, you gals are in the "know"
All that talk of sour dough, diets and sand just sort of made me hungry....so I will just grab a quick bite now.

I shall be back, but you SHALL be asleep, since your cut off time is Soon, that is according to Mouse, not me.  lol.   It is rather strange that we have far more sensible animals around us, but we pay no heed.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ha haaa, I'm still here.  Just. 
    Mouse climbed up and gave me a 5 minutes snuggle a while back so I figured it was worth staying on TCS a bit longer to annoy him and try to get him to come back up again.  Think it's definitely time for bed now though.  Starting to get my migraine back and need to top up the medication then lights out....  Oh, I liked both the Flintstones and The Munsters but can't remember where I picked up the idea of the personalized rain cloud. 
   It isn't just me around here though, everyone's down on the grey weather, somebody somewhere decided the sun was not to visit us this winter for what ever reason.  Maybe it's so we enjoy our 'summer' no matter how rubbish it is! 

Nighty night all, it's 3 minutes past the withching hour here and Mouse has left the room so I had best follow this time round.......

pixiecat98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am definitely identifying with Parker here, jumpy, like my comfort food, and in need of a serious diet.  And now you go and tell me he meows when you ask him to.  I am in love with your cat.  You are going to have to be one strict cat parent not to help him change his old habits. :-(    Definitely losts of help here on TCS in the Health and the Nutrition forums, and even the behaviour one if you want some more serious advice.  Sounds sweet that he cuddles in with Pixie, I hope they get on well most of the time and don't play tricks on each other like some other people's cats around here.... :D
Parker and Pixie do get along, but George, an almost even larger cat than him, (he is tuxedo and has a dandruff problem) they get into really intense fights, I've had to separate them... several times Parker has had his fur ripped out in a place as well as a scratch, and George has this almost permanent bald spot in the same place... :sigh: I just don't know what to do with them some times...

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@MoochNNoodles....can I ask you where you where you are from?  You can say a general area like south, east northwest.  Only because I wonder where You are located "in your PJ's"....lol.

How old is your son?   I guess when we were small we would try and taste things too.  I just wonder how is it that dads never seem to notice things, while moms always do?  Why is it that when dads watch sports, they see all the penalties, but not so with kids?  Maybe just genetics.  And you did say your hubby was talking, so there is the distraction factor there....Oh, I'm just babbling.

Mid-Atlantic.
  I'm always in some sort of comfortable clothing these days.  When I worked; changing into my PJs was the first thing I'd do after I got home.  I actually think my location has said that most of the years I've been on TCS.  It will be 9 years in April!!  Time has flown!  I just realized; it's Mooch and Noodles birthday too since it's after midnight here.  9 years old!  Wow!

DH, the neighbor and I all saw DS do it.  3 groans out of 3 adults.
  DS will be 2 in a few more months.  I really thought he would be past that stage...but apparently not.  See below... lol  DH isn't too bad with keeping an eye on the kids.  I think I catch some stuff more because I'm the one home with them all the time.  But I can easily leave the kids home with DH to grocery shop or something like that.  He gets them up on weekend mornings so I can sleep a little more.  He's a good, hands-on type Daddy.
I actually think he freaked out about the sand more than I did. 

@MoochNNoodles, I seem to remember one of my brother's kids doing that and it was hard not to laugh but at the same time - eugh!  Bye bye teeth!  I hope DS has recovered from the shock and has a sound sleep to recover.  You too, with an intact finger! Have you ever made salt dough? I still have a vision of my friend's daughter when she was almost 3 (now 23) when she decided she was missing out on something tasty when me and her mom were mixing up the salt dough ready to make chirstmas decorations with her:    she grabbed hold of a fist full and stuffed it in her mouth before either of us could stop her.

Good to see babbling picking up again.  Mind you, that probably means we'll pass another marker while Mouse and I try to get some zzzz.
We did salt dough ornaments and prints at Christmas time.  And yeah; DS ate some.  He's taste tested crayons too.  And paint.  Needless to say; non-toxic is a given around here. 
  My neighbor's 2 kids are very close in age to my own.  I've watched them do exactly the same things too!  Last summer the neighbor's then 18 month old was into snatching dog food.  Lately it's been snow!  DS is hilarious to us though.  Such a sweet, cuddly boy.  He gives me a kiss and then tilts his head to the side with a cheeky little grin.  And he's starting to put some 2-3 word phrases together. 

We have had some wonderful temperatures the last few days!  But we've not enjoyed it like I had hoped.  It rained some; adding to flooded fields and when it wasn't raining we had appointments and things.  Plus it's been a bit muddy.  The ground is still frozen; as are all the waterways around us, so the rain is having a harder time soaking in.  I may have babbled this; but I saw one house the other day where it looks like they've had some loads of sand just dumped in their yard to hold back a flooded field from reaching their house.  It's amazing that even after several days of such beautiful weather the ponds are still very icy!  And we are expecting the cold to return tomorrow.  It's almost March.  Spring has to come soon!  I saw another robin today.  And I noticed some weeds are turning green in my raised garden. I'll take that as good signs!!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Mid-Atlantic.
  I'm always in some sort of comfortable clothing these days.  When I worked; changing into my PJs was the first thing I'd do after I got home.  I actually think my location has said that most of the years I've been on TCS.  It will be 9 years in April!!  Time has flown!   I just realized; it's Mooch and Noodles birthday too since it's after midnight here.  9 years old!  Wow!

DH, the neighbor and I all saw DS do it.  3 groans out of 3 adults.
  DS will be 2 in a few more months.  I really thought he would be past that stage...but apparently not.  See below... lol  DH isn't too bad with keeping an eye on the kids.   I think I catch some stuff more because I'm the one home with them all the time.  But I can easily leave the kids home with DH to grocery shop or something like that.  He gets them up on weekend mornings so I can sleep a little more.  He's a good, hands-on type Daddy.
I actually think he freaked out about the sand more than I did. 

Well Happy Birthday to Mooch and Noodles then!
 I guess you will have to spoil them extra today.

And it is nice that your hubby is more "hands-on" with the kids.  It's kind of cute that he also freaked out more about the sand, too.....lol.  Just don't tell him that...lol.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday to Mooch and Noodles!

No time to babble this morning - my train is just pulling into the station.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please give Mooch and Noodles my fondest birthday greetings! Since we don't know the birth dates (or exact age) of any of our cats, we do a group birthday celebration on the first day of Spring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're past the 700 posts point! in less than 50 posts, someone is going to get a 6 months forum membership  + a $20 Amazon gift card! Anyone can win, all you have to do is be here to babble post #750!

the1who feedsus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im having so much fun reading this and responding now and then, i forgot it was a contest lol. happy "purrrrrthday" Mooch and Noodles.  we've done the same for Dave and Opal.the guy who originally adopted Dave chose May 24th. not sure why other than here in Canada, May two four weekend has become party weekend lol. in any case, when we adopted Opal, we were told she was probably a mid to late may baby, so we figured they could share a "purrrthday".  i did find out that the reason the guy didnt want Dave was because he refused to use his litter box. the kid said" he used to use it just fine but now he wont anymore." so my dear son, figured he could "save Dave". for days Dave would "go" just beside his box, and Nick would pick it up, put it in the box, and so kindly and gently put Dave in there too...telling him 'Thats where good boys go".  the vet said stress, maybe behavioral...yada yada. it came to where i told nick we may not be able to keep him. we decided to keep trying a little longer, and one day i happened to catch Dave near the box, getting ready to go, and i noticed he sat very tall...taller than his box cover. so i took off the lid of the box and Dave has gone inside ever since. lol..when Nick took Dave for his last checkup, he told the vet the story and the man was amazed lol..said hed have to remember to mention that possibility to other cat parents with similar issues lol.

so...a question to keep the ball rolling lol...do your kitties sleep in unusual places? i ask cuz at the moment Opal is in her favorite spot. im flaked out in bed and she is asleep om my head. she curls up on the pillow and purrs in my ear...more than once i have to move kitty tail off my face. sigh...love my babies lol.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It's Monday and there is a little hint of blue sky here just now.  It was horizontal rain earlier so this is a surprise!  Perhaps someone somewhere knows it's Mooch and Noodles birthdays and wants everyone to feel happy and celebrate for them?!  I have just eaten chocolate brownie for breakfast so I will dedicate my breakfast the the cause. 
   Happy birthday Mooch and Noodles! 

Mouse has just done a stampeding elephant impersonation around the apartment and now looks like he's about to have a snooze on the chair oposite me.  No unusual sleeping spots here, just anywhere and everywhere he settles. 
   Of course it always involves on the bed with me when he gets the chance but other than that it will be the warmest, comfiest spot he can find with a friendly human somewhere close by.

Have to go out to view an apartment with my mom and then in to work for a few hours so will probably miss the next competition marker but hey, keep babbling guys. Looking forward to catching up on what's going on around the cat-world when I get home later. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got wet weather, all that snow is melting away quite fast, so warm temperatures and of course that means smooth ice.

Of course I had to do full service of my summer bicycle and do bit of modifications so that it is again bit better, too slippery for a test drive, also could not find where I did put bags that I used last summer to bring supplies from shop, but when I find those it should be quite complete for some fast shopping trips.

I lack couple of tools so could not service bearing for cranks, those sound to be quite dry and it might be that I need to replace those bearings anyway.

I did install triathlon add on bar so that I can keep good speed even if there is wind, cut not needed bits and pieces of rear rack to save bit of weight, it is bit heavy still because of mud guards and rear rack, but I guess it is somewhere around 13-14kg now, bit heavy for sport bicycle, but not too much for a commuter.

Fastest speed with that bicycle that I have got to downhill is bit over 80kph, which is bit over 50MPH, at uphill speed is not even 1/10th of that, must be some fault in bicycle, I'm sure :D

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend was alot warmer with temps in the high 40's but now it's down to the 20's again.
Come on spring, I am so ready.

the1who feedsus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got wet weather, all that snow is melting away quite fast, so warm temperatures and of course that means smooth ice.

Of course I had to do full service of my summer bicycle and do bit of modifications so that it is again bit better, too slippery for a test drive, also could not find where I did put bags that I used last summer to bring supplies from shop, but when I find those it should be quite complete for some fast shopping trips.

I lack couple of tools so could not service bearing for cranks, those sound to be quite dry and it might be that I need to replace those bearings anyway.

I did install triathlon add on bar so that I can keep good speed even if there is wind, cut not needed bits and pieces of rear rack to save bit of weight, it is bit heavy still because of mud guards and rear rack, but I guess it is somewhere around 13-14kg now, bit heavy for sport bicycle, but not too much for a commuter.

Fastest speed with that bicycle that I have got to downhill is bit over 80kph, which is bit over 50MPH, at uphill speed is not even 1/10th of that, must be some fault in bicycle, I'm sure
ya know...i think there's some manufacturing flaw in all bicycles.yours slows down going uphill, mine would slow down after only 30 minutes or so of riding lol. nothing to do with me....nooooooooo lol.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend was alot warmer with temps in the high 40's but now it's down to the 20's again.
Come on spring, I am so ready.
Here below freezing temperatures typically continue 2 months more, not sure how it goes this year, spring at this early would be awesome, but I doubt such will happen, there might be arctic breeze happening sometime next month and that means really cold weather.

This might be interesting for some, this is not the largest variation we get, but pretty close already, here winter can be so wildly different between years that it is bit like being in other country some years:

At 2010 beginning of January was like this:

4 years and 1 day later at same location, but pic taken from different angle:

2011 February we had like this:

This year, temperature has not been very much into negative numbers, sadly my temperature logger did broke down in 2012.

This is full year from 2009 November to 2010 November, there are some bits without data as logger had tendency to fail at times, but that year had very warm summer, rarely warm and rarely long actually, also winter was quite cold.

There really is not knowing what weather will bring next month, or season or year, as it can be so different, but mild long summer would be nice, preferrably starting from next month and lasting at least until next year :D

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

It's Monday and there is a little hint of blue sky here just now.  It was horizontal rain earlier so this is a surprise!  Perhaps someone somewhere knows it's Mooch and Noodles birthdays and wants everyone to feel happy and celebrate for them?!  I have just eaten chocolate brownie for breakfast so I will dedicate my breakfast the the cause. 
   Happy birthday Mooch and Noodles! 

Mouse has just done a stampeding elephant impersonation around the apartment and now looks like he's about to have a snooze on the chair oposite me.  No unusual sleeping spots here, just anywhere and everywhere he settles. 
   Of course it always involves on the bed with me when he gets the chance but other than that it will be the warmest, comfiest spot he can find with a friendly human somewhere close by.

Have to go out to view an apartment with my mom and then in to work for a few hours so will probably miss the next competition marker but hey, keep babbling guys. Looking forward to catching up on what's going on around the cat-world when I get home later. 
Happy birthday, Mooch and Noodles!!!!!   How old are these delightful kids?  Good of you to eat birthday brownies in their honor.  We've been doing our usual this morning, sitting in bed watching news, having coffee and watching kitties frolic.  They tend to stampede in the mornings, too.  They go outside, do their business, run back in for breakfast, and then they're ready to play!  

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya know...i think there's some manufacturing flaw in all bicycles.yours slows down going uphill, mine would slow down after only 30 minutes or so of riding lol. nothing to do with me....nooooooooo lol.
It must be sort of conspiracy, I'm sure there is no fault in me either, absolutely not possible :D

I believe most of sensible priced bicycle frames are made by company called Giant, perhaps it is related or then not, never have had chance to test those silly priced ones, costing several thousands, so who knows, maybe those are not slowing down same way :)

Mountain bike gears for any bicycle is great thing though, long steep hills become possible to ride up, actually I get more tired if I walk same hill up :D

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy Birthday, Mooch and Noodles!

We really ahve slowed down a bit on the babbling. I come into this thread, so how far behind I am and then don't post because I am overwhelmed. :anon:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday, Mooch and Noodles!

We really ahve slowed down a bit on the babbling. I come into this thread, so how far behind I am and then don't post because I am overwhelmed. :anon:
Maybe subject of food would speed things up?

Do you lot get in your countries during Christmas those star shaped baked things that have plum jam at center?

Here is pic, might explain better http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joulutorttu

I'm not sure how international or national thing that is.

Anyway I have lately got dough for those from shop, it is thin frozen sheets in package, I cut those to squares and add minced meat that I have cooked earlier in them, then take corner and pinch that against another corner, then pinch two open sides together.
End result resembles a bit of Star Trek logo, but in oven shape change a bit.

Relatively inexpensive salty snacks that last long time and are not horribly unhealthy, not of course best health food either, but eating one or two of those are so filling that one don't need to eat for long time.

Something that I got from wikipedia that is perhaps better known and similar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puff_pastry

One can of course put almost anything as a filling, those are need to be kept in fridge and I doubt they would survive more than 2 days, but they are so good that I doubt they will last for next day anyway :D

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Fastest speed with that bicycle that I have got to downhill is bit over 80kph, which is bit over 50MPH, at uphill speed is not even 1/10th of that, must be some fault in bicycle, I'm sure
I like those modifications on the bike.  I did not realize how much extra weight can be removed to "fine tune" a bike and allow us to go faster.  I just want one for summer biking on nature trails, but still if I remove excess weight, I may be able to go farther.

I am afraid of going that fast though, so a "faulty bicycle" for downhill speeds would be preferred..
..lol.....It would be nice if I attach a small motor to my bike Just for those uphill climbs....but then I guess this would not be a good workout.
@ the1whofeedsus   LOL....You bought the EXACT same bike that I have. It must have been a huge sale on those "defective", "manufacturing flawed" bicycles.  I need an engine for mine...
..lol