The Official Secret Santa Gift Thread 2010

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WooHooo!!!! My Gift has arrived! The boyfriend has not allowed me to open yet, but Ive mostly convinced him that its well known Im darksided!!! Bwa hahaha...but maybe I will wait.....Thank you Santa Claws in TN!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok, got my pics uploaded!
Thank you Kelli Jo! I don't know what kind of 'nip that is, but my kitties were going bonkers for it, and the treats really came in handy cause then they had the munchies

the spread- notice Pandora already has her nose on the green package- it was a cute pet bowl filled with catnip satchets!

getting a little closer

lots of treats!
in the kitties' tummies!

two cute ornaments- the pic didn't come out so good, but one is an angel holding a kitty and the second is a snowman bell with my name on it!

a very cool pet health care kit-

gorgeous Laurel Burch socks

chocolate
the Lindt bar is already half way gone
and a huge crazy cat lady mug!!

I also got a cute pocket calendar, some kitty nail files (for me, not the cats
), kitty tissues in a green velvet tissue holder (maybe I'll finally be able to find them in my purse when I need them!!) and the kitties got these rubber ring toys- right now they're too stoned from the nip to play tho

Thank you again Kelli Jo!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i got a package from my SS!

Now I've just got to get my act together and take some

I've got to tell you, Secret Santa, that this couldn't have happened at a better time. For some reason, I've been kind of depressed today, so when hubby opened the front door to go get the mail and your package was sitting on the porch, it was a real mood lifter.

Now, I've just got to convince deal ole hubby that it's ok to open before the big day. I've been sharing all along how people open as they receive (mostly), but he has it in his mind that I need to wait. Some people! Whatever, I'm going to open the main box in the morning and just take it from there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

i got a package from my SS!

Now I've just got to get my act together and take some

I've got to tell you, Secret Santa, that this couldn't have happened at a better time. For some reason, I've been kind of depressed today, so when hubby opened the front door to go get the mail and your package was sitting on the porch, it was a real mood lifter.

Now, I've just got to convince deal ole hubby that it's ok to open before the big day. I've been sharing all along how people open as they receive (mostly), but he has it in his mind that I need to wait. Some people! Whatever, I'm going to open the main box in the morning and just take it from there.
Tell "dear ole hubby" that hes just being mean and he should let you open your pressies!!! (there may be chocolate... (or llama) to free!)

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

I picked up my box on Saturday. It's from New York City. Here's Mr. Fluffy (Thufir) checking it out:

Right now, the box is sitting under my Christmas tree. I'm a darksider, but I need to make sure I have batteries in my camera so I can take pictures when I open things up. My friend Susan also wants to be here when I open the presents so she can watch the cats' reactions. I'll post up lots of pics when I open the presents.Not to worry. Thufir got his presents. I opened them Tuesday and Wednesday night. I took a lot of pictures and thanked my SS via PM, but I just haven't had the time to post the pictures yet. I planning to do it over the weekend.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's here!
It's here!

I got home at the end of a very long, frustrating day and found a package sitting by my front door. The return address is from my TCS SS in Michigan. Thank you, Secret Santa!

The box is loaded with presents, which the kitties helped me pull out. I did get some pictures, although I suspect one or two of the toys went missing before I could catch them.

I figure the Ghirardelli chocolate is fair game since it wasn't wrapped in Christmas paper.
And there is a cute ceramic heart-shaped box stuffed with homemade candy.
Well, it's only half-full now.
How did you know I love unique little boxes? I'm pretty sure I didn't put that on my SS list.

There are so many presents wrapped individually, I'll be able to open one or two a day and still have lots to open on Christmas Day. That way I get to be both a darksider and lightsider.

I seriously need to get some sleep before I do anything else. I'll upload the pictures from my camera tomorrow and try to get them posted here.

BTW, I know who my SS is. Or at least I know who her kitty is. A quick TCS search will tell me who the kitty meowmy is.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I am still waiting for those pics
Here you go. Your wait is over.

When I opened the box, I found this adorable card inside:

And here's the nice note inside the card:

Here are the cats checking out the presents:

And here are Tiny and Tre with the presents under the tree:

Of course the box the presents came in got a lot of attention, too:

First up were 4 small presents, one for each of my cats:

They were cute little furry mice. They had rattles inside, which the cats really seemed to like. Thufir went nuts over them and didn't pay attention to which mouse was for which cat. The grey mouse was missing its tail after about 10 seconds.

More in the next post.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Part 2:

The next 2 presents were a cute squirrel and a frog that were filled with catnip packets:

Here's Thufir checking out the squirrel:

Thufir playing with the frog while Tre watches:

Tiny really got down with the frog once she got it away from Thufir:

The other presents for the cats were catnip bubbles and a tub of catnip:

Tre enjoying a little bit of the 'nip:

For me, there was a bag of Lindor truffles and a tasty gingerbread man:

Many thanks to my SS, cheylink. The kitties had a blast playing with their gifts, and of course with the box and the wrapping paper.
The truffles are already gone and the poor gingerbread man is not doing so well as he's lost a lot of body parts.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hadn't checked this thread in awhile, but went through all the other pages last night and this morning. Wonderful gifts, everyone!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep checking here for pictures and I was in luck! Great gifts! The expression on Tre's face is priceless.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brilliant gifts and great photos. I love the idea of the cat health care set - never seen anything like that over here.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Part 2:

The next 2 presents were a cute squirrel and a frog that were filled with catnip packets:

Here's Thufir checking out the squirrel:

Thufir playing with the frog while Tre watches:

Tiny really got down with the frog once she got it away from Thufir:

The other presents for the cats were catnip bubbles and a tub of catnip:

Tre enjoying a little bit of the 'nip:

For me, there was a bag of Lindor truffles and a tasty gingerbread man:

Many thanks to my SS, cheylink. The kitties had a blast playing with their gifts, and of course with the box and the wrapping paper.
The truffles are already gone and the poor gingerbread man is not doing so well as he's lost a lot of body parts.
Thank you so much for sharing the pics
! The kitties looked like they were having a good time

Have a great Christmas!

Cheyenne and Maia

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Tell "dear ole hubby" that hes just being mean and he should let you open your pressies!!! (there may be chocolate... (or llama) to free!)
Well, you were right! There was both chocolate AND a llama to be freed, along with many other wonderful things. And you should know, since YOU were my Secret Santa

Here are the pix:

First, the box, with Darko lurking

The opened box, with Stinkpot investigating

Now Callie and Darko have been drawn into the action

And look! There's a llama in there! Isn't he just the cutest thing?

Darko says "don't worry Mom, I'll kill it!"

While he was busy with the llama, Callie was busy with more investigating of packages. Look at them all!!!

And look at the wrapping paper. Isn't that just the cutest stuff? Here's a close-up. It's "twisted whiskers".

OK, here the loot (hope I'm not forgetting anything): 4 dark chocolate candy bars, a bag of Andes mints, a bag of Milano cookies, a cat frame, a 365 day calendar with brain games (much needed for this old, cracked brain!), nail polish and accessories, a keychain, santa socks, handmade bracelet and earrings, a cuddly blanky (for me, but I'm sure I'll be sharing, since blankies are kitty magnets around here), a Catnip Kiss, some kitty treats that I need to bake and cut out with a fish cookie cutter (very cool), more cat treats with a mouse on a string in the same box (I still need to investigate that one further), the catnip filled llama which MUST also be handmade, and finally, homemade sugar cookies, each one having an inital on them that spelled out my Secret Santa, Sillyitaliangrl! ('course, the cookies weren't in order, so first I had to figure out just what they spelled!! Remember, old, cracked brain here
)

Here's a close up of just the cookies. They were vacuum packed in a food-saver thing. How very clever. Didn't even need a box.

THANK YOU, Danielle!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

It's here!
It's here!

I got home at the end of a very long, frustrating day and found a package sitting by my front door. The return address is from my TCS SS in Michigan. Thank you, Secret Santa!

The box is loaded with presents, which the kitties helped me pull out. I did get some pictures, although I suspect one or two of the toys went missing before I could catch them.

I figure the Ghirardelli chocolate is fair game since it wasn't wrapped in Christmas paper.
And there is a cute ceramic heart-shaped box stuffed with homemade candy.
Well, it's only half-full now.
How did you know I love unique little boxes? I'm pretty sure I didn't put that on my SS list.

There are so many presents wrapped individually, I'll be able to open one or two a day and still have lots to open on Christmas Day. That way I get to be both a darksider and lightsider.

I seriously need to get some sleep before I do anything else. I'll upload the pictures from my camera tomorrow and try to get them posted here.

BTW, I know who my SS is. Or at least I know who her kitty is. A quick TCS search will tell me who the kitty meowmy is.
Hmmm, I'll bet I know who it is! I'll tell for cookies, bahahahaha!