The Official "I received my SS gift" Thread

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I do hope the missing box turns up! Thanks, Kim, for giving the full explanation and background for the quilt - I forgot to do that!

I might have to make one for myself...now that I know what I'm doing, LOL.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are great presents, that quilt is beautiful. The SS has been such fun, I enjoyed shopping for mine and I LOVED the presents I got. I like seeing what everyone else has and all the photos.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah kim - i'd love to learn how to quilt

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm still sending lots of vibes for the 2 packages that haven't arrived yet

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On another forum I'm on, a recipient that lives in Australia has yet to get her xmas package sent from Thailand, and she told me that a friend of hers still hasn't gotten HIS xmas present that was sent to him from his parents in Italy, so it isn't just us dealing with this - it seems that Australian customs is being quite mean to everyone this year.

But maybe that means that there is still hope of delivery?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I'm still sending lots of vibes for the 2 packages that haven't arrived yet
There's only 2 left? That's good to hear, but lots and lots of vibes for those 2 packages!!! There's still plenty of hope it sounds like!!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

On another forum I'm on, a recipient that lives in Australia has yet to get her xmas package sent from Thailand, and she told me that a friend of hers still hasn't gotten HIS xmas present that was sent to him from his parents in Italy, so it isn't just us dealing with this - it seems that Australian customs is being quite mean to everyone this year.

But maybe that means that there is still hope of delivery?
I sent a package to Australia in December of '05; it took 3 months to get there. Goodness knows where it was during those 3 months, but at least it arrived!

So yes, that means there's still hope of delivery!!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Okay, in all the hustle and bustle I forgot that I STILL don't know who my SS was!!!

Fess up!!!
*gives herself up*

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alikatt

*gives herself up*
Ahh! I just saw this post now, it got totally pushed down the page!!!

THANK YOU!! The kitties LOVE their toys and the blanket is soooo nice! I'm sending you a PM right now!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

so it isn't just us dealing with this - it seems that Australian customs is being quite mean to everyone this year.
what do you mean this year? they are always mean
Australian customs are extremley strict

Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

I sent a package to Australia in December of '05; it took 3 months to get there. Goodness knows where it was during those 3 months, but at least it arrived!
and absolutely worth the wait!

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's Arrived!!!!!

My SS gift box was waiting on my front step this morning when I got home from the shops. A bit battered and worn but here safely at last. It has been held in quarrantine here in Australia for the last few months I guess - there was a note on it saying it was released on the 30th january. I guess I was wrong in giving up on it ever arriving.

I have already sent a pm to GingersMom, my SS, thanking her but I thought I would also post here so you could all see how she spoilt me and my furries. It will have to be a list of the gifts as I don't know how to post pictures or at the moment I can't find my camera either

So here goes - I was given 2 Harley Davidson T-shirts - I love motor bikes and Harleys in particular - one is grey and the other one is black - both fit perfectly.
- A Bad Cat Calendar for this year - it is cool
- A coffee mug from Salem, Massachusetts
- A little box of Pure Maple Candy - this is probably what made customs grab the parcel.
- A cute little blue pig key ring
- A small picture frame with kitties on it.
- 2 Cross stitch kits - can't wait to start them - along with all the other ones I have to do

- A book - The Five People You Meet in Heaven that I wanted to read last year but never got around to buying
-A little green candle
And last, but by no means least, a georgeous little hand-made angel to watch over me. The little angel was made by her late nana so I really appreciate her sending all the way over to me.

The kitties got a treat ball and some catnip mice - they are playing with them as I am typing this.

As you can see from the above list I got spoiled big time. I thank GingersMom (Betsy) from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful gifts and the thought behind them. It really made my day today when I arrived home and found the parcel.
I hope that any other parcels that still have not arrived to their people are lucky and turn up like mine did.
To Betsy and her Furkids

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is wonderful you finally got it. Note for next year - whoever sends to Australia need to do it as soon as possible. You all have some tough customs there.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!
I'm so glad it finally got there! I had a feeling it was held up in customs; like Danielle said, they're really strict. Jean, they sound like wonderful gifts, and I'm sure Betsy will be sooo happy to hear that you finally got them!!

Originally Posted by katachtig

That is wonderful you finally got it. Note for next year - whoever sends to Australia need to do it as soon as possible. You all have some tough customs there.
After having a package take 3 months to get to Australia, the next time I sent one, I sent it express... it only took a week! Of course, sending it that way wasn't cheap!
At the very least it should be sent by air; I believe that way it's only 2-4 weeks instead of 2-3 (or more!) months!!