The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Comfort food sounds great! Mine is candied toast , homemade yeast bread or hot buttered corn bread.

Wonder what everyone here goes to for comfort food!?!?!
Living in the northern part of the country comfort food is something I think most about in winter. I also love cornbread and have a delicious recipe. DH likes grilled cheese with tomato soup. For me, comfort food is any type of pasta or chili with warm bread or biscuits.:yummy:

Speaking of winter and weather, it is yucky here today, i.e. freezing rain/snow mix and my head is pounding. I have a migraine to beat the band but my pawsitive is that I have a very affectionate furry cat snuggled up beside me. :itslove:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pawsitive: I came home from work to this, after powering up my laptop, and login into my email's front page news.

New California law AB485, beginning January 1st. Effort to crack down on puppy mills!

California will become the first State in the U.S. to require pet stores to sell ONLY Rescue Animals!

Pops

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg! It is the last day to post in this thread. I sort of knew it and didn't know it at the same time.

My positive is that I heard back from my priest about our wedding day - we more than likely won't get the ideal 2:30 slot since there's another couple penciled in (though since it's pencil and not pen, there's hope they'll say they don't need it after all and we can sneak in), but we did snag the noon time, so I will get married in my church on November 9th, even if there's more time between the ceremony and reception than I'd like. And that's much more positive than having to find another ceremony venue.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My tree is down and the living room is clean, I have help coming to put together Hekitty's new cat tree, and there's a bottle of blackberry merlot in the fridge! AND my neighbor, Danielle, just stopped in to say not to cook, that she will be bringing my supper to me later on!

But the best pawsitive of all has been sharing all of the good things in our lives with all of you! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf loved the surprise ipad I got him! I got him the silver one. He was using an older lenovo tablet. I got myself the rosegold ipad. It's still shipping. Never had a tablet before but felt like I could use one. Kinda excited to get another apple product after my first ever apple purchase, an ipod several years ago when I was still in college.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My Pawsitive for the year is being a member of this amazing group.. through all the love, and support, which all the members have given me... especially when I was going through all my issues with Artie, my angle.

I love you all..
Wishing everyone a
very Happy, Healthy New Year...

Artie -- my angel love bug"
fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg

And my "New" Guy, Geoffrey: He is really more "Ash" colored than Artie; more muted.. his stripes are prominent on his sides, belly and tail...and he is 3 yrs old

fullsizeoutput_33b.jpeg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Pawsitive: I came home from work to this, after powering up my laptop, and login into my email's front page news.

New California law AB485, beginning January 1st. Effort to crack down on puppy mills!

California will become the first State in the U.S. to require pet stores to sell ONLY Rescue Animals!

Pops
Yeah! My latest cat, Chamouti, a red Maine Coon, was over 10 years old 2 years ago when someone had given him up. He's the biggest love bug ever and has absolutely impeccable manners although lately has tried to play with Capucchino, my 18 year old lady who wants no part of that and he is afraid of 10 year old Panthera and leaves when he sees him coming. Because Chamouti was so old I got a break on the price at Petsmart, but you would never think he was old the way he plays even by himself.

P1010289.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friends, this has been a wonderful thread and I'm sad to see it end.
I hope there will be a similar one for next year.
There have been enough posts and personal positives (pawsitives) that make me think that once this thread is locked, reading back through will bring so many upbeat messages that it will feel impossible to have a bad day without some good in it. That's about as positive as it gets, isn't it? :cloud9:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Friends, this has been a wonderful thread and I'm sad to see it end.
I hope there will be a similar one for next year.
There have been enough posts and personal positives (pawsitives) that make me think that once this thread is locked, reading back through will bring so many upbeat messages that it will feel impossible to have a bad day without some good in it. That's about as positive as it gets, isn't it? :cloud9:
I thought I read that the thread was going to keep going so more money could be donated? Did I imagine that?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's missing his right upper canine so sometimes his mouth doesn't close all the way on that side and he looks like he is smirking, lol!
I think that's the tooth Sparkle is missing. It's either top or bottom right canine, but she makes the best faces regardless.

Here's a picture of the girls as my sendoff to the new year.
20181231_171741.jpg

Here's to cats in 2019!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWsitive to end the year is that Stretch,the one-time feral, is turning into my best buddy. In fact, he's curled up in my lap, purring like crazy, as I type this. It has taken a lot of time, but, I think, well worth the effort. Happy New Year to one and all!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As 2018 comes to a close so does the Megapawsitive Fundraiser. I am grateful to this thread for all the positive and memorable reminders that we can find something kind or nice to write about each and every day. :touched:

And to usher in 2019 I will leave you with a pic of Carleton fast asleep on New Year's Eve. :hearthrob:

Carelton curled up.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Pawsitive for the year is being a member of this amazing group.. through all the love, and support, which all the members have given me... especially when I was going through all my issues with Artie, my angle.

I love you all..
Wishing everyone a
very Happy, Healthy New Year...

Artie -- my angel love bug"
View attachment 268984

And my "New" Guy, Geoffrey: He is really more "Ash" colored than Artie; more muted.. his stripes are prominent on his sides, belly and tail...and he is 3 yrs old

View attachment 268986
Cindy thank you for posting another picture of Artie. That's a perfect way of guaranteeing that many of us will start 2019 with a smile. I know I did. He was such a darling, handsome boy. Geoffrey is too. I am thrilled that the two of you found one another. Artie had a paw in that for sure. He will stop by now and then and remind dear little Geoffrey, "I told you she was an amazing mom, didn't I? Take good care of her for me." 2019 is going to be a good year. I know it. No matter what happens we all have each other to lean on, learn from and laugh with. It doesn't get more pawsitive than that. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.