The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@jcat so glad about the feline/family reunification!
LTS3 LTS3 A short day and a long weekend are always welcome, especially in the holiday season, yes? And feathers don't last long around here, either. I'm always picking up and reattaching if possible.
mama africa mama africa How nice and thoughtful!
A cold very windy day here in la-la land. Hard to get out of bed when surrounded by warm, purring felines! Tortoiseshell laptop exchanged for Big Blue laptop just now. Waiting for twitter to let me get back to work on there.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm enjoying my break to finally get stuff done I don't normally when school is in session - like I just got over to Lush today to refill on shampoo, and buy a couple of on sale Christmas bubble bars just for funsies.

Yesterday, I also booked my reception venue for my wedding, so once I hear back from the church and get that booked, that'll be a big weight off my chest. I'm really excited about it, but since I have a whole thread about wedding planning, I won't go into too much here.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went to my ENT's audiologist yesterday and got an adjustment that should help with at least my positional vertigo. That's the least of it, but HEY, every bit helps! So far, so good.

Hekitty got one of those battery-operated toys that has the "mowzie" that shoots around under a round cover, and has spent most of the day intently watching/pouncing/watching. I've changed the batteries twice since Christmas Day, but SO worth it to find something that she really enjoys like that! She hasn't even begged for treats, she's been so busy!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A short day and a long weekend are always welcome, especially in the holiday season, yes? And feathers don't last long around here, either. I'm always picking up and reattaching if possible.
It looks like the feathers were just placed in between the fabric and sewn over. The cats don't seem to mind no feathers. The package came with 2 more fishies so I have back ups.

Yes, it's nice to have a short work day and a long weekend :agree: I couldn't do that at the last job. Well, the last position I was in at the last job because the supervisor was [insert negative words of choice here].

Leaving a toxic work environment this summer for a much more welcoming, supportive, and respectful one is big positive to me :D And I now work with other crazy cat people who totally get the little things, like a freebie box :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like the feathers were just placed in between the fabric and sewn over. The cats don't seem to mind no feathers. The package came with 2 more fishies so I have back ups.

Yes, it's nice to have a short work day and a long weekend :agree: I couldn't do that at the last job. Well, the last position I was in at the last job because the supervisor was [insert negative words of choice here].

Leaving a toxic work environment this summer for a much more welcoming, supportive, and respectful one is big positive to me :D And I now work with other crazy cat people who totally get the little things, like a freebie box :catlove:
Yeah, and you can put the feathers back easily. As long as cats don't eat them, they should be safe being recycled.
Now it just doesn't get better than that, does it??? Working with other cat lovers makes work something much better!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
So I'm still in awe. --A home slip and fall, and it's determined that yes, it resulted in a broken hip.
Long story short, she's out of surgery today in 30 minutes, and will be weight bearing tomorrow.
I'm still working on wrapping my mind around that. There are a couple other things still to be dealt with (she didn't have the best holiday season) but things could have been a LOT different.
Amazing.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 4 degrees below zero right now, the good news is it's supposed to be above freezing today, yay! I worry about the cats outside, they are there each feeding time, I'm still missing a couple since the blizzard two days ago, but with three foot drifts everywhere they are most likely holed up somewhere. Another positive is little Stewart, our little feral whom is getting much more tamed, is staying in the heated hut by our back door. He has his little head poked out when I go out, but doesn't run now. He's been a little sick the past week, hasn't hardly ate, but ate more yesterday, I pray he is getting better!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom That's phenomenal! A relative of mine had that happen a long time ago, and it was hours until someone became aware of it. I'm sure her recuperation was long and painful. Though not a fan of allopathic practitioners, I of course do acknowledge that things like broken bones do require the care of professsionals. All the very best to your relative! :vibes:
And di and bob di and bob , please add my *PRAYERS* and best thoughts for Stewart, and for the other ferals! and thank you for putting your caring into action for them.
With Big Blue laptop, chin on wrist, I am quite warm and very happy this CATurday morning. :redheartpump::bluecat::redheartpump:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
ate more yesterday, I pray he is getting better
:vibes::crossfingers: :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 many thank yous for your good thoughts!

Another amazing positive, we just got a phone call from somebody else we were a bit concerned about. The last call was in August, then we lost that number and only had the no-longer valid work number :censored:
This person has had some rough times - divorce, job loss, and I even tried to retrieve the new number through our call log history with no luck, sent a Christmas card with the realization he'd probably moved, --he confirmed he has...

He's doing ok, and I have all of his information now LOL :woohoo:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::crossfingers: :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 many thank yous for your good thoughts!

Another amazing positive, we just got a phone call from somebody else we were a bit concerned about. The last call was in August, then we lost that number and only had the no-longer valid work number :censored:
This person has had some rough times - divorce, job loss, and I even tried to retrieve the new number through our call log history with no luck, sent a Christmas card with the realization he'd probably moved, --he confirmed he has...

He's doing ok, and I have all of his information now LOL :woohoo:
More wonderful news is PAWSitive to hear about, Furballsmom Furballsmom ! There have been so many people in my life, online and otherwise, who have gone off the radar. I pray for them and think of them, wondering how they are doing. It would be so amazing to hear from them. :hellocomputer:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are four little heads peeking up over the glass panel in the door of my dining room. Time to feed my little ferals. My megapawsitive is thinking back over all the wonderful moments these "unwanted" cats have given me since I moved from my upstairs apartment to this one. And Austin, The Old Man, whom I thought wouldn't see the fall, has rallied very well, and is still struting his stuff. He is the father of at least one of Little Bit's 2018 kits, and often comes when they eat. He sits back, keeping watch as Mama and the babies eat. Knowing a cat like this Grand Old Man is another megapawsitive!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to one of the most fabulous toy stores today to get some toys for our family's first grand grandson. As always I spent way too much time there.
I got a present for my little Missy too; a laser pointer toy with different shapes (a butterfly, a mouse, a smiley, …).
Long time since I've seen Missy jump that high.

IMG_6707.JPG
IMG_6716.JPG
IMG_6712.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa Great pix and isn't it wonderful when they play so enthusiastically? Hope you were able to find a good toy for him, too!
@Mamany1953 Awwwww! Well, you know what they say about "One man's trash is another man's treasure" -- and for me, as for you, these amazing, sweet, loyal, beautiful beings are the greatest treasures of all in this life! You can't put a price on the joy they bring, the companionship, the amusement, and sweetness -- I could go on and on! :cutecat::kneading::zzzcat: and whether or not they are human-habituated, they are still so precious to me, as to you.
Big Blue laptop is keeping us warm here.:petcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was running low on Carleton's food and since we're supposed to get some bad weather Monday I didn't want to wait so stopped in our local pet store. The manager who we are well acquainted with showed us a photo of a cat hideaway that her grandfather made for her cats. He's extremely talented!

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update:
We're continuing with this thread in 2018!!
Keep on posting!

It's the time of year when cat lovers come together at TheCatSite and help cats in need! :party2::catrub::lovecat4::jive::dazzler::lovecat3::banana1:

View attachment 203086

For every positive post in this thread TCS will add 10 cents
to our virtual donation jar!

The more we post in this thread, the more money goes to a cat charity! And we have prizes for the participants too!

Make a round one thousandth post and you'll win an awesome TCS mug! Yup, make post #1000, post #2000 etc and we'll send you a gorgeous cat mug from our store!
View attachment 203087

New! You can now choose a teeshirt from our Amazon store instead!
View attachment 245075

To make things fair and fun, members can only win once in this contest. Once a member has won, he/she is more than welcome to keep on posting positively to raise money for a cat charity but if they end up winning the next thousandth post we'll chose the following post as the winner..

Can't think of anything positive to say?

We have a great solution for you! We consider spreading the word about TCS a very positive thing :biggrin: So, if you share any page from this site with your friends via social media, it will count as a positive post for this contest. All you have to do is share it via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Reddit etc and then post a link to the shared post. Just a link will suffice, so we can verify the share.

Which cat charity will the donation go to?

We need your input for that! Would you like to suggest a cat shelter or rescue organization as the beneficiary? Send me a private conversation with your suggestion. They need to be a 501(c) organization and deal directly with cat rescue.

The rules -

1. Positive posts only. Tell us something nice about your day or about the world in general. Forget neutral - spread the joy! If you feel like ranting or venting about something that's, well, not as positive, start a separate thread for that please. If you get confused and post something we don't think is positive, it could end up deleted or moved to its own thread.

You can add neutral content to a positive post (for example, if you have a question about this fundraiser or if you want to respond to a previous post in a neutral way) but please avoid negativity so we don't have to edit it out.

2. Minimum of 15 words per post. Just posting "good morning!" won't qualify for the purpose of this thread and will be deleted. Keep your posts long enough and meaningful. The only exception is sharing a page from TCS on social media - in which case a link to the share is enough.

3. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

4. Comprehensible posts. Your posts need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread by nature, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

5.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for each post in this thread.

6. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Fundraiser update -

$300 donated to Help Humane in Belton Missouri
$100 donated to Harmony House for Cats in Chicago
$231 donated to the Appalachian Peace Paws Rescue
This is awesome! I am so glad TCS is helping hurting cats find happiness and peace! I am so happy I found TCS! I have so many questions about cat health, behaviors, and gear. Everyone has been helpful. I talk about this site to co-workers, friends, and people on facebook. Cats and owners can successfully co exist together comfortably because of the support given on this site. I can't say enough about the people behind the user names. Everyone is awesome!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is awesome! I am so glad TCS is helping hurting cats find happiness and peace! I am so happy I found TCS! I have so many questions about cat health, behaviors, and gear. Everyone has been helpful. I talk about this site to co-workers, friends, and people on facebook. Cats and owners can successfully co exist together comfortably because of the support given on this site. I can't say enough about the people behind the user names. Everyone is awesome!
Absolutely agree, nunnc84 nunnc84 -- TCS is not only a fun site but also a very helpful site for cats and those who care for/about them! :yess::catlove:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad TCS still has this thread going for now too and that you found it nunnc84 nunnc84 . Very glad you are here with us all on TCS! Lots of happy things have been accomplished through this thread. Each time I return I wonder if it is finished yet but have been delighted to find it still here. Yay! A little longer.

Furballsmom Furballsmom i am so sorry about the broken hip! That’s terrible but sending healing vibes for you to relay!:vibes: I hope they work!

It’s nice to see that kitties are being helped, especially in the cold!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I can just imagine the joy upon seeing the faces of the ferals waiting for you. I know the feeling.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 As always, I am glad you have such an efficient blue laptop! Lol I hope all the laptops had a festive time.

mama africa mama africa The laser pointer with the butterfly is super! I haven’t seen one like that before. My cats ignore lasers but maybe they would go for that one! Thank you for showing it to us!

My positive is that my most recent rescue may get adopted into a home with one other kitten about the same age. Paws crossed on this one. This is one of the sweetest and gentlest kittens I have ever met. She needs a lap!

Status
Not open for further replies.