The Mackerel Update Thread. :3

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun.... If I had two wishes right now... One would be for her to get better... And the other, if that would be too much for God to give because he needs her in the bridge as his new little angel, was to be there with you, giving you a warm hug and holding your hand as you go through this...
I am so so sorry... Please know you are not alone.... We are all holding your hand... and we all love your little Mack...
No matter where we are, we are there with you; today, tomorrow, and whenever you need us

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
God Speed to Mackerel
We are all with you tomorrow in thought and prayer.
The last gift is the hardest to give

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your has been one of the most courageous cat stories I ever read. I am so sad as I have been hoping things would turn around for Mackeral. We are all crying with you. I hope you have someone who will hold you and hug you. You deserve it. Mackeral, little one, Godspeed. You are a loved cat.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just one last post to send hugs and support to you. I too hope someone will be there to hold your hand through this. We are all there in thought and prayers. There are many arms around you now.

God hears the smallest sparrow fall, he is there with you to welcome little Mack.

She will have many, many friends waiting for her.

God Bless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update - Mackerel's gone.
The vet was really nice and because when he arrived my Dad and I and Mackerel were sitting in the garden he suggested that we put her to sleep there. I wish I could have held her, but she was too uncomfortable, so she lay on the ground and watched the birds as she left us. I wish I could say it was really peaceful but she threw up a couple of times and I think she was probably scared and confused, but I lay down next to her and stroked her and I just have to keep in mind that the momentary anxiety she felt then would have been nothing compared to what she was feeling in terms of discomfort and what she might have been feeling if we left it any longer. It's so hard to be without her, but we put her to rest in a really nice spot where I'll see her tree every time I come to my parent's house and she'll have a view of a lot of bird activity and see what's going on in the street. I'll post a picture once we've planted the tree- we're going to hang her tag and her bell on the tree so it is truly hers.

I thought I'd share a picture I found on my phone early this morning- one of my favourites of Mackerel, taken last year. I think it really captures her spirit.

I don't know if I'm going to hang around on the cat site too much. I'll probably keep coming on occasionally to keep up with everything and everyone, but if anyone wants to stay in touch with me regularly (and I'd love to hear from you) then my e-mail address is mad(dot)scientist(dot)sophie(at)gmail(dot)com. I use the same e-mail address for Facebook.

Thank you guys again, Mackerel and I love you all for the help and support that you've given us.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bye Bye baby girl Mackerel. She's in good company at the Bridge, and she had a beautiful life full of love with you, though it was short, and your love for her was strong enough to give her that final gift, freedom from suffering..

Mackerel

I'm so sorry.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful picture of Mackerel. I'm so sorry

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My eyes and heart is filled with tears for you this morning.
I am so truly sorry for your loss. Your fight for Mack's health was one of the most courageous stories I have known. Bless you Sophie, you are a strong woman.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The length of Mackerels life was short, but the depth made up for that. The depth of your love was immeasureable. Some live very long lives, but the richness and joy is not there.

From all I have read about Mack, she had that in abundance. I am so glad you had your dad with you and Mack. I think I will print up that picture of Mackerel....a reminder of how much she and you have touched us all.

Many hugs and tears from over here, Sophie. Mack is flying free.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry for your loss of Mackie. I hope you will visit us and keep in touch; I feel like I've really gotten to know you through this ordeal.

It's wonderful that you'll have a tree in Mackie's memory.

I am sorry.

jan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry too. She fought for so long to stay with you, but she's at peace now.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in Peace, beautiful girl. You were really an Angel all along, just now, you've got your wings.

I'm very, very sorry for your loss. I thank you for giving her a fighting chance though.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this terrible ordeal... At least Mackerel is over the Rainbow Bridge now, free of pain and suffering, waiting until you and her reunite. I think it's good that you had a home euthanasia, at least she was in the place she loved best. She was happy for those last few days, so don't feel like she was suffering too much. RIP sweet Mackerel.
May you chase many butterflies at the Rainbow Bridge until your loving meowmy joins you. Your life was much too short Mackerel, but you were very loved.

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so , so sorry.
Now, she's a little angel watching over you.
Rest in Peace little one.

Angie

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby. You and Mackerel put up a fight for sure, and I am sure she realized just how much you love her for that. That picture of her is beautiful.