The Good News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My good news is that my wedding shoes arrived today, and even if they may not go with my dress they are very pretty!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, let's see, my father started work today at the restaurant i work at on the weekends (he's retired and bored out of his mind, plus driving my Mom bonkers, so I suggested he get a job with me
) and he really seemed to like it!
he's a baker, so he works really early in the morning, but I'll see him on the weekends he works.... and I get a hundred dollar referral bonus

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent a trillion dollars at our local scrapbooking store over Christmastime and they sent me a Gift Card from their store for $14 today! Thats a lot of stuff, I can't wait to go there tomorrow!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I spent a trillion dollars at our local scrapbooking store over Christmastime and they sent me a Gift Card from their store for $14 today! Thats a lot of stuff, I can't wait to go there tomorrow!
Hmmm, a trillion dollars worth of business and they sent you $14? Hmmm, I dunno if that counts as good news.... They should give you stock options!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ew, I almost
when I saw that blue pants crap at the top of this page...That frigger

Anyway, My good news for today is my boss bought us Swiss Chalet for lunch

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Hmmm, a trillion dollars worth of business and they sent you $14? Hmmm, I dunno if that counts as good news.... They should give you stock options!
$14 is a lot of paper/stickers/ect! And I didn't spend a trillion... maybe like... $200
In a span of 3 months!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

My good news is that my wedding shoes arrived today, and even if they may not go with my dress they are very pretty!!!
Yay! You must be getting very excited! I remember you posted the link to where you're getting married, and it was really beautiful.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Anyway, My good news for today is my boss bought us Swiss Chalet for lunch
So um, does that count as your bonus now he's taken away your monthly one?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Yeah I think I'm going to tell him to quit buying me lunch and lattes..and add it to my paycheck....HE TAKES SOMEONE IN MY OFFICE OUT FOR COFFEE EVERY DAY!!
And always brings back a $5 latte for whoever didn't get to go...tell me he is using his money wisely.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

$14 is a lot of paper/stickers/ect! And I didn't spend a trillion... maybe like... $200
In a span of 3 months!
Hey, you said a trillion!
I was wondering where you were putting all that stuff....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My good news for the day, even after only a one week's use of our new Sonicare, at my dental apt. I was told all looks much better (had gum surgery 3 months ago..yuck!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

UH OH... someone is bringing up negatives in the good news thread! As we all know, that is a BIG no no!

Now you have to come up with something else positive to make up for it

Karen, I am so glad you have revived this thread!

My good news for today is that I have stuck to my resolution of healthy living so far. Even though I had a hard time getting up this morning, I dragged myself up at 4:30 am and did my 2 mile walk. I felt great all day for it

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

My good news for today is.... well, I didn't smack any stoopid coworkers today. That's good for them. And me too, I guess, cause I didn't get fired for hitting anyone...
I think I will go with that one too (although the thought crossed my mind many times today)

Oh and because I know some of you LOVE snow, it is snowing outside, which is good news on the global warming front, good for the icewine growers
and means that they will not have to lay off a lot of workers at our nearest ski resort.

Oh and my mummy is going to try and get some time off to come see me at Easter
so a good ending to a fairly crappy 'bad anniversary' day

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great thread!!! I sure know I need to find the good in every day! Hmmm...let me see! Oh..after not being able to get my sub to work for me all week (one day) he said he would work Fri and Sat. That gives me a 4 day week-end since Mon. is a holiday (MLK B-day) This makes me very happy!!! My MIL went to Arizona for Christmas so we will have our Christmas at her house this week-end here and that we won't have to rush to get home. She doesn't live too far away but it always ends up an overnight trip...don't ask!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This died out real fast!
Let's try again.

I finally got my Christmas tree down yesterday!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time in three weeks I woke up this morning and didn't feel like total poo! I think I am over my bout with everything that's been going around.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

UH OH... someone is bringing up negatives in the good news thread! As we all know, that is a BIG no no!

Now you have to come up with something else positive to make up for it
Uh oh, I don't want to see that hammer banging, so, ummm.....the cats were really good about not bugging us last night and I had a really good night's sleep. Now Wiggies is sleeping on the bed ad making his funny little noises.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My good news for the day is that my dress pants that I had to wear today because I forgot to put my jeans in the dryer last night, still fit!!! and that is not just good news, but a freaking miracle

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My good news is that I've lost about 10-12 pounds since mid December, after my doctor DEMANDED that I get the weight off.

Secondly, I just got a digital pedometer and yesterday (my first day using it) I clocked in over 7,000 steps.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My good news is that I finished 110 rosettes today alone even with my bum finger!
Only uummm, 1000 rosettes or so to go before month end!

Status
Not open for further replies.