The Good News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!!!! I just found out i got an awesome job i applied for last night! I had decided to quit my dead end job as a daycare teacher because they weren't willing to work with my college schedule (which is insanely flexible- they were just jerks)....so I had already given them my notice 2 weeks ago and planned to stay on until the 25th of aug. Well the entire time i've been looking for another job. Yesterday at work was a nightmare- they switched my room, my kids ,and my hours and were not very nice to me at all. So last night after i got off work i went to 4 different vet offices and turned in a resume and application. I called into work at 6am this morning and thanked them for the opportunity to work there but told them i wouldn't be back! (i put a lot of thought and prayer into it and had saved up extra money for that scenario). Well, i was only unemployed for 5 hours, because less than an hour and a 1/2 ago i got a call back from one of the vets offices i applied at. It happens to be the one we've taken my wolf/ german shepherd x to for over 11yrs. I personally know both vets and most of the staff- so it's awesome! And I told him my college schedule and he said it's perfect for what he needed!!!!
I'm sooo psyched! -it's not a secretary or vet assistant job eithor- it's a vet tech job- which is right up my alley - I a weirdo and into all of the medical procedures and stuff- i'm always wanting to learn stuff like that, so i'm really excited! Yea! What a blessing! Hehe, and i was only unemployed for 5 hours
. That's the fastest I've ever landed a job before. I go in on Friday at 9 to discuss my new work schedule and pay
. Things are finally looking up
. I hope everyone else has a great day to.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nikki that's fantastic! Well done on the shortest unemployment in history, and I really hope this job works out. It sounds wonderful.

witchykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Nikki!

My good news is that I'm starting school (for a 4 yr degree in Business) on Wednesday of next week! I've been wanting to do that for a long time.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone! Your comments were so sweet. I'm still in shock that i landed such a great position soo fast- i've NEVER been able to find a job that quickly! lol, i was acutally going through the phone book calling places to see if they were hiring when i got the call back from the vets offices! It was awesome
I'm really psyched about this new job- i feel like it's really where i'm supposed to be and i'm also excited about the number of animals i will be able to help. Another cool thing is -he's going to completely train me in all of the vet tech stuff- so when i'm not at work, i will be able to do even more when i'm volunteering at the shelters around town. I really have the potential to help a lot of animals with this job, so i'm really happy. I've personally known the head vet there for 11+ yrs and i feel really comfortable there so i can't wait to start work! I've also got to sit in on a few surgeries there (he let me watch my dogs last 3 surgeries), so i'm slightly familiar with the way he conducts surgeries and post-op procedures. Also- i really like the fact that they don't declaw unless it's an absolute necessity (if a cat visciously attacks and there is no other alternative - and they make them try soft paws even before that) !!! The whole office is wonderful with animals and the staff members all seem to really get along well, so i'm excited. Today was a total blessing

Oh and i have some more good news- this afternoon i took my niece up to the local shelter with me and while we were there one of the pregnant cats started having her kittens- i got to help deliver them!!! The kittens are beautiful and all are nursing well so far! It was awesome too that my niece Taylor got to experience that and see why it is so important to volunteer and also why it's important that people spay/neuter their animals! She's 11 and a total animal lover like everyone else on this site- so i definitely think that in a few years we will have another person addicted to TCS

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No good news for awhile!?

I finally got my cleaning done that I wanted to get done, along with a closet re-organized, the bathroom cleaned and 3 loads of laundry!

Oh, and the best good news, I've got the cutest kitten in the world laying on my lap and on the keyboard while I type with one hand
Where's my camera when I need it!?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

along with a closet re-organized
It sure wont stay re-organized for long.

I try & do that alot..But it's like electrical cords..Some magic little troll comes and messes it all up.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

It sure wont stay re-organized for long.

I try & do that alot..But it's like electrical cords..Some magic little troll comes and messes it all up.
Thats so true... and unfortunate

What matters is that the cats had a joy playing in all the mess

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just bought a house recently and will be moving in a few weeks!
Just good vibes needed now that Sash enjoys his new home as much as mommy will!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 healthy, happy, wonderful dogs, 2 playful, healthy, happy kittens, and 1 cute, fluffy, sweet rabbit.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt like crap for several months, but have started feeling much better over the past few days. The feeling bad was not a completely a bad thing, since I mnaged to shed about 20 lbs during that time.
I am blessed with a wonderful man to share my life with.
My job is going better.
My daughter's divorce will be final next month. My granddaughter is thriving, and ahead of her age group in language and reasoning skills.
Life is good.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foster kittens are gaining weight and playing! They look awesome today! Yea! I'm posting a link to their little baby pictures. All of today's pictures are on the 1st page. They two little black ones are siblings and the white one is a ragdoll mix. His name is Lex. The other two don't have names yet.
They will all be getting baths as soon as they're well enough
I'm sooo excited how much better they're doing!

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...al&media=image

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning, I put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since April 2005, and they were tight then.... and not only do they fit, but I have room!!! I am SO excited!!!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After living in our new house for over a month we are FINALLY going to get the rest of my furniture from my apartment tonight after work!!

I've been begging... begging almost every day to get my stuff but Chad is always too busy or too tired. So I've called for backup, my parents, and suddenly he has found the motivation to help

I can't wait to have a house full of furniture!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me & my boss are about 90% sure that we're going to be able to open up our own body shop when they close us down here! That means - A JOB FOR ME!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Me & my boss are about 90% sure that we're going to be able to open up our own body shop when they close us down here! That means - A JOB FOR ME!!
Best news yet Kenzie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.