The Exorcism of Emily Rose - ahhh!!!!

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Um, is anyone else FREAKED out by the trailers for this movie that come on constantly?
I get sooo scared whenever it starts and I look away from the TV and plug my ears.

stop showing it!! ahhh!!

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is based off a true story. About a girl named Annaleise something. I don't know why they changed the name to Emily Rose. I am not too fond of these types of movies anyway so I know I won't be seeing it.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is absolutley no way I would ever watch that movie!!!

The trailers scare me!!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never even seen the original Exorcist movie. This one looks freaky! (And that's coming from someone who LIKES scary movies!)

poisongirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it looks interesting enough esp if it's based on a true story. my problem is is that i love scary movie plotlines because they tend to be more interesting, but i don't like being scared. go figure.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to see it...if it had been a fake thing. But it terrifies me that it was real. I couldnt sleep last night because i was thinking about it. I guess it didnt help that i had just seen the skeleton key.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I haven't heard of it
Emily Rose

Here is a link where you can watch the trailer and a couple of film clips!!

I will definetly go see it. I love scary movies, and the fact that it is based on a true story makes it that much scarier!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It actually made me laugh. The special effects looked pretty goofy and I don't really like that style of movie (The Grudge, The Ring, etc). I don't get the gaping black mouth thing. Now I totally thought the Exorcist was scary, and a lot of people laugh at that one. I'll probably rent the Exorcism of Emily Rose to give it a fair chance. I just love horror movies that have real special effects and not CGI.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm too scared just by the ads on TV to go see it. I agree, I mute the sound when a commercial for thet movie comes on.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, it looks scary! I'll have to look into the true story it was set upon too. I LOVE SCARY MOVIES!

We just saw the Grudge last weekend...I thought it was suppose to be scarier than that...very weird.

Susan

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunnicat

I've never even seen the original Exorcist movie. This one looks freaky! (And that's coming from someone who LIKES scary movies!)
the excorist had to be one of the lamest movies I've ever seen!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

Emily Rose

Here is a link where you can watch the trailer and a couple of film clips!!

I will definetly go see it. I love scary movies, and the fact that it is based on a true story makes it that much scarier!
thanks!! it looks cool!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmm Ive never heard of this movie, I will have to check it out.

I agree Sam, the Exorcist is SO dumb!

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link! I've been nutso bongo lately, and somehow missed that. I do believe a (very rare) trip to the theatres is in order for me. This will be great.

I do indeed believe that demonic possession occurs. I've read far too much, and seen far too much, to not realize that there is clearly evil at work in this world. However, I also realize that love is in far more abundance than evil; and because of that, and my understanding that a movie is simply a movie, I shall suffer no nightmares.

I hope. LOL!

Edited to add: The story is of a girl named Anneliese Michel, who died during an exorcism. The priest who ran the exorcism was tried for her death...and no, no spoiling from me...but this movie seems to be both an exorcism film and a legal film. Both significant interests on my part.

Best-
Michele

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunnicat

Originally Posted by PoisonGirl

it looks interesting enough esp if it's based on a true story. my problem is is that i love scary movie plotlines because they tend to be more interesting, but i don't like being scared. go figure.
That's exactly the way I feel. There is something inside of me that is so curious to see it, but another part of me that's too freaked out to even watch the trailers!