The Exorcism of Emily Rose - ahhh!!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michele - I agree, the courtroom aspect will be interesting, especially the part about proving satan in a courtroom!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm the same as you guys! The exorcism part was interesting, but knowing the back story and watching it being played out in court will make it more interesting for me than if it were just a horror flick.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think they're trying to prove Satan exists in the courtroom? My impression was they were prosecuting the parents and the priest for their involvement in the girl's death. Am I wrong?

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen the movie, Sunnicat, so I don't know what story the movie will tell. But the actual case ended up with both parents and the exorcist being tried for homicide in a court. Their defense was that Anneliese was possessed by the devil, and played tapes to prove such possession; that her death was caused by the devil, and not by them.

It would seem to me that it would be intrinsic to prove Satan exists as a foundation for their defense. If Satan doesn't exist, then how could there be a possession? ... ...

But that's what happened "in real life." How true Hollywood will be to the story is another thing altogether. Allegedly, it's relatively accurate...although both the exorcist and her father are dead, and the mother has been "in hiding" for many years, so how accurate could it be, really?

Dunno, but I think it will be an interesting movie nonetheless.

Best-
Michele

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I busted out laughing when I heard the title to this movie.

Scary or not, my daughter's NAME is EMILY ROSE.

And lately she's been having to be exorcised when I get her back from the ex-inlaws, cuz her grandmother (ugh... ex monster-in-law) has been spoiling her rotten to the core.

So every other weekend on a Sunday night, I have to get rid of the demons from my Emily Rose. Thanks to Grandma's menopause.

So when I saw the trailer for this movie, all I could do was bust out laughing.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a hoot Stephanie!!! Of couse, your Emily Rose is MUCH MUCH sweeter than her movie namesake!
(It's amazing how many Emily Roses are out there; that was my best friend in middle school's name as well!)