The Exercise Motivation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did Shoulders and Arms video today with 3, 6, and 10 lb weights. Increased reps on most of the exercises, including doing the full amount of reps on the triple triceps!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Great job, ladies!

3 miles on the elliptical this morning

It's been a little over a month since the last time I hurt my knee. I've been using the elliptical faithfully since then. Elliptical in the morning, walk over lunch. And well.......maybe that elliptical isn't too bad 
  I've really gotten used to it now that I've given it an honest chance and it's become what I do....get up, get dressed, hop on, and go. I'm going to keep using it. (I know! And all that whining and snotting around that I've been doing about that thing for the last two years!
)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job, ladies!

3 miles on the elliptical this morning

It's been a little over a month since the last time I hurt my knee. I've been using the elliptical faithfully since then. Elliptical in the morning, walk over lunch. And well.......maybe that elliptical isn't too bad :)   I've really gotten used to it now that I've given it an honest chance and it's become what I do....get up, get dressed, hop on, and go. I'm going to keep using it. (I know! And all that whining and snotting around that I've been doing about that thing for the last two years! :anon: )
It's great you like it now. They are supposed to be much kinder on your knees. Do you think it's improved your arms and tummy too?

gypsyrose85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I could realy use ideas that are great for low impact (my back has deterioration and so do my knees. Played soccer to long) and can be done on days your ill (I get massive migranes due to brain tumors and I also have fibro. There are days I cant do alot)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could realy use ideas that are great for low impact (my back has deterioration and so do my knees. Played soccer to long) and can be done on days your ill (I get massive migranes due to brain tumors and I also have fibro. There are days I cant do alot)
Gypsyrose85 I wish I could help but I'm not sure which exercises would be safe for you. I do know to start slowly though and warm ups are important to prevent injury.

I did 30 mins yoga today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On my way down to the treadmill now.....BBL. (Rick is still in bed, so treadmill this morning)

3 miles on the treadmill this morning (Thanks Tammat! It was a nice walk. Chilly in the basement, but not overly so.)

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
39 mins run for me today and then my husband and I had a hit of tennis. There wasn't a lot of actually hitting the ball back over the net! Lol! but it was fun and by the end we were getting the hang of it.
Tomorrow I have an appointment at the podiatrist to see how my sneakers are going. I think I may be due for a new pair.
Keep up the awesome work everyone!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good job on the run, Tammat. I remember when Rick and I used to play tennis. We would manage to get the ball over the net from time to time, but I did a lot of chasing the ball on my side. Good luck with your podiatrist appt.

Very windy and rainy out this morning. But not overly cold. Hoping for a walk over lunch.

3 miles on the elliptical this morning (but my Fitbit says it was only 1.58 miles 
)

3.11 miles walking over lunch (Rain passed, but still really windy. Not cold though!)

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done Winchester. I'm glad it's not too cold yet. I had a rest day today. I've been getting an ache in my knees and I wondered if I needed new shoes. My shoes are fine for another month. He suggested very expensive orthotics and to see a physio to make sure I didn't have a problem with my hips or my glutes. So I lucked an appointment with a physio tonight. She said it was my injury flaring up. It's illobotibial band friction syndrome. Plus - get this! I have a weakness in my glutes!!! After all that killer buns and thighs!! I have a management plan and exercises for my glutes. I asked her would I finally get a great butt from the exercises, she laughed and said she couldn't make any promises!! So no running or high impact for me for two weeks. I can do yoga and the elliptical. I'll think of you as I pedal away Pam!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A weakness in your glutes? Do you think it's from over-doing or something like that? That's too bad about not being able to run or do any high-impact exercises, but two weeks isn't really all that long. And I know you'll be back up in no time! 

(Yes, use that elliptical!)

2.5 miles on the elliptical this morning.

3.09 miles walking at lunch

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought, when doing squats and lunges can you lift your toes? I get reminded of that often when doing them (especially squats) to make sure that I'm working glutes.

No workouts for me lately, I've either been socializing or studying. I may do a video today after clinical though.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done my glute exercises this morning. My knees feel great but the side of my legs where the physio massaged are all battered and bruised. I honestly only had a slight ache in my knees. My battered legs are much worse. I put an ice pack on them in the night and Neffie got in under the covers and snuggled into my tummy. She never gets under the covers. Such a little sweetie. Thanks for the tips Pam and Peaches. I'll be mentioning them to the physio. I'm going to have another day off and then I'll tackle the elliptical tomorrow. Keep going guys. Just don't over do it!!!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went up and down stairs constantly and did the mile walk around the hospital. I'm beat!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tammat, please be careful with everything you do for a while. That was so nice of Neffie to take care of you!

Good job on your stairs, Peaches.

2.5 miles on the elliptical this morning.

3 miles walking over lunch

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't have an Xbox.

Sorry I didn't see your earlier question about low impact exercise. What about walking?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work girls. Thanks Pam. I am taking it easy much to my frustration!! I'm doing the glute exercises from the physio religiously and icing/ stretching ect. I'll be back running in no time. I've got onto it early so hopefully it will settle down quickly if I rest.
Keep going everybody.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
God work on those glute exercises, Tammat. Be careful!

2 miles on the elliptical this morning (I'm beat. Spent the night at the ER with Rick's mom. She fell and needed stitches in the back of her head. Never got back home until 3:00 this morning. Slept til 5:00 and 2 very long miles was all I could handle.)

3 miles walking over lunch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.