The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So busy at work today and a burst water pipe to deal with as well.

All I managed to do was a bit of stretching and a head stand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
WE got a few more inches of snow overnight so I will be headed out soon to deal with it. :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a lot to be said for not landing on your butt.

I'm really happy with these spike and chain things, they're good over ice, snow or mud even on the steeper tracks.

I did one hour of yoga this morning and 90 minutes walk this afternoon.

@Tammat
 I just noticed you're in Australia, it's summer where you are, right? You're so lucky.

:sun:
Yes I am in Australia and I am very glad I don't have to deal with snow. The weather here has been quite mild not hot at all. Sometimes the heat comes in February/ March.

Good work all you snow shovellers :clap: it sounds like hard work.

I did my chest and biceps this morning and some FARTLEK running in the afternoon. I ended up walking a bit towards the end.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles walking outside during lunch today. It was 18 F, but virtually no wind and it was actually invigorating. I enjoyed my walk today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that in german language snow is called schnee, at least that sounds like how I feel about snow now, too many hours shoveling today too, it is getting everywhere and I'm getting nowhere, but sure enough there is lot of sweat so it has to do something :D

I did notice that belt of my pants is useless now, I should punch at least 3 holes to it, poor belt is hanging completely loose even when set to shortest and I think I have made already 2 more holes to that belt, it used to be just fine without additional holes and there were hole or two to spare when I got it some years ago.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Snow shovelling will have to be my exercise for yesterday. I wonder how many calories it burns up? It must give your arms and lower back a work out.

Got to go and shovel some more now before I start on my yoga.

Update: I did two 20 minute snow shovelling sessions. It was falling faster than I could shovel at one point.

I did an hour of yoga in between.

The sun is out today and it looks absolutely gorgeous out there. Going to strap on my spikes and chains and go for a walk later.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow shovelling will have to be my exercise for yesterday. I wonder how many calories it burns up? It must give your arms and lower back a work out.

Got to go and shovel some more now before I start on my yoga.
It was more than skiing or swimming, I think it was close to rowing if my memory is not lying much.

I did woke up at 7am and then somehow I was awake but was not, only at 3pm I could get up from that odd dreaming kind of state so no time for exercise today.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday I did my back and triceps. The back is large muscle groups and it's very tiring.
Today - Sunday I did my shoulders and abs.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did move snow for 3 hours, we had a loads of it and we got so much that when I opened door it pushed more than 10cm layer of snow. Must be close to 15cm of snow that came at night and it is still falling down heavily.

Also it was kind of heavy snow which I had to really work out to get moving, I managed to move few full loads and then had to rest for a while as heart rate was too high.

So I write it down as 3 hour flat out work out. Sweat was dripping even from outmost layer of clothing, I'm not sure if I could do harder workout, quite exhausted now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I worked out that in January I did 90 minutes horse riding, 90 minutes shovelling snow, 795 minutes walking and 1150 minutes of yoga.

Probably no more horse riding until spring but there should be plenty more snow shovelling this month.

90 minutes of yoga today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 hours of snow removal, I still need to get some food for cats from shop so that will add some bicycling in snow.

My yard is quite full of snow, there is not much where to put it, so I need to start removing snow from large areas and move it to near forest, that will take many days of shoveling, there is two 10 meters by 5 meters areas that I need to clean up, then I need to remove snow from top of covered wood piles so I can start my spring firewood making project.

I better shop for shorter belt already :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been forcing myself to do some short stints on the exercise bike, but today's exercise will be shoveling. :nod:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I tried a new route on my walk today and got a bit lost so it turned into a 2 hour walk. It was fun but I was glad to get back home again.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
20 minutes shovelling snow and then 90 minutes yoga. I've decided that shovelling is a good warm up for other exercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.