The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I took a day off on Saturday because my work schedule was crazy, but I'm back now.

90 minutes yoga today.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to weight training for me today. Chest and biceps and then I did 36 mins of cardio. FARTLEK running. I ran with my trainer and his daughter.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'd love to go for a run, but there is still so much snow around.

I did another 90 minutes of yoga today. I'm working on a hand stand variation called 8-Bend Balance. I can support my weight on my arms but I can't quite get my legs as straight as they're supposed to go.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yoga is awesome Norachan :clap: I've only done bits a pieces of it. Mostly DVDs by Jillian Michaels but I still loved it. I didn't think it was doing much until the next day and then I could feel it alright!!

I did my back and shoulders this evening. 10 reps x 4 sets. This builds density in the muscles.

Keep going everybody :sheep:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yoga is awesome Norachan
I've only done bits a pieces of it. Mostly DVDs by Jillian Michaels but I still loved it. I didn't think it was doing much until the next day and then I could feel it alright!!

I did my back and shoulders this evening. 10 reps x 4 sets. This builds density in the muscles.

Keep going everybody
Yes, I love yoga. 
 I'm trying to improve my upper body strength at the moment too.

Another 90 minutes today. Sun Salutations, stretches. inversions, arm balances and back bends

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It takes me right around 45 minutes, give or take a minute or so. Not too bad. Once I get warmed up a bit, I can start to really book through. I listen to music, so I adjust me pace to fit the music and I try for faster music when I can. (One of the ladies who works in the building said she saw me out walking and she said, "Holy cow, but you go!" 

Thanks!

And FWIW, I now have 5,094,295 steps in since June 22, 2013, when I got my FitBit. I really wish I wouldn't have had to stop walking last year for those months; I could have done so much better. 

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It takes me right around 45 minutes, give or take a minute or so. Not too bad. Once I get warmed up a bit, I can start to really book through. I listen to music, so I adjust me pace to fit the music and I try for faster music when I can. (One of the ladies who works in the building said she saw me out walking and she said, "Holy cow, but you go!" :lol3:  

Thanks!

And FWIW, I now have 5,094,295 steps in since June 22, 2013, when I got my FitBit. I really wish I wouldn't have had to stop walking last year for those months; I could have done so much better. :soldier:
That must be over 1000 miles! =:-o

It is -27C here so I have good excuse for not to do anything :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

It takes me right around 45 minutes, give or take a minute or so. Not too bad. Once I get warmed up a bit, I can start to really book through. I listen to music, so I adjust me pace to fit the music and I try for faster music when I can. (One of the ladies who works in the building said she saw me out walking and she said, "Holy cow, but you go!" 

Thanks!

And FWIW, I now have 5,094,295 steps in since June 22, 2013, when I got my FitBit. I really wish I wouldn't have had to stop walking last year for those months; I could have done so much better. 
I wondered how you could be so sure about how many miles you'd done. I look at the clock before I leave and when I get back but my walking speed depends a lot on how much snow there is and what I get distracted by.

Had to start work earlier than expected today so just 45 minutes yoga.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester you sure are :banana1:amazing!!! And never mind what you could have done, look what you did do. :clap2:

I did my shoulders and legs today. I'm pretty sore too from the last two days. I had forgotten about the soreness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It takes me right around 45 minutes, give or take a minute or so. Not too bad. Once I get warmed up a bit, I can start to really book through. I listen to music, so I adjust me pace to fit the music and I try for faster music when I can. (One of the ladies who works in the building said she saw me out walking and she said, "Holy cow, but you go!" :lol3:  
You would probably leave me in the dust! :lol3: Aaron walks very, very fast. He has to slow it down when he walks with me. :lol3:

No doctor's appointment, wakes, funerals, etc. this week, so 4-1/2 miles walked Monday and around 4 yesterday. Going for a third day today. Snow may slow me down tomorrow. I really need to use the exercise bike during bad weather.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, tomorrow you're getting what we're getting today. I may try to walk in the snow today, but I make no promises.

ETA: 2.75 miles walking during lunch. It's snowing and it's getting nasty out there. I didn't put on my YakTrax and it's starting to get slippery on the sidewalks, so I decided I'd better bag it and get back inside.

Last edited:

catlove15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi winchester, 

how do you like your fitbit? i'm trying to decide between fitbit, nike fuel and jawbone's up24. sometimes i think i should buy more than one and try then both and see. :) don't beat yourself up about not being able to walk last year. five million steps is amazing and you're doing your best and that's perfect in itself. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my chest and biceps this morning. This afternoon I did some more FARTLEK running. About 30-40 mins? I think.
I bought a cheap watch from aldi today which has a timer, stop watch and measures my heart rate. I'm not sure how accurate the heart rate monitor is but the timer and stop watch is what I really needed.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour of bicycling, it was -19C when I started and only -15C when I finished, could not even turn my head properly because I had so much clothing on, but it did not feel horrible cold, only near the end my bottom started to feel the cold, also arms felt bit cool whole time, but not horrible.

I had to cover my face completely, only small slit for eyes, also had to breath trough scarf as air was too cold to take in raw, but well prepared to cold and it is not that bad.

My bike had issues with gear shifting though, grease in gear shift lever tends to get too sticky in cold and claws that should rotate cable are not engaging which results impossibility to change gears.

It was actually quite nice to go slow for awhile, so gears not working was not actually so bad thing after all :D

I spot also sun, it was bit below half height of trees, so I saw it between the trees, it will take long time until sun climbs above the trees and I can see it again properly, but that golden light with long shadows that it currently casts at mid day, is actually quite pretty.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I tried to go for a walk today, but we've had a lot of snow. This is the lane I usually walk up.

It usually only takes me 10 minutes to get to the top, but it took 30 minutes today. I decided to come home and do some yoga instead. 

90 minutes yoga today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't blame you for not walking further. 

3.5 miles walking during lunch today. I wore my YakTrax because of some icy and snowy conditions. It started to snow shower while I was out there.....again. (Have I mentioned that I hate winter? 
 )

Status
Not open for further replies.