The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I ate badly again on Monday night. Last night I was ok. I feel calmer and more normal again. This time of year is tough. I am tired and it doesn't help to see shortbread and plum pudding ect... Everywhere. Your cookies sound AMAZING!!! I bought the ingredients for them over a year ago but I dare not bake them. I would go berserk.

I ate chocolate today. 
 It was so good, a big part of me isn't even sorry.

This time of year is tough, isn't it? Japan doesn't even really do Christmas, but there's always something delicious on offer somewhere.

30 minutes bike ride today.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations to you you pawsitive person
and rightly awarded. You are lovely

I ate badly again on Monday night. Last night I was ok. I feel calmer and more normal again. This time of year is tough. I am tired and it doesn't help to see shortbread and plum pudding ect... Everywhere. Your cookies sound AMAZING!!! I bought the ingredients for them over a year ago but I dare not bake them. I would go berserk.

I did my back and shoulders with Rohan yesterday. My back is getting stronger. It's an amazing feeling I love it.

Today I did my legs at home. I was walking from one exercise to the next with my clock and I dropped it
timing is very important so I mucked that up a bit. I did however do all my TORQ squats without stopping.
Bless you, Tammat! 
 Whenever I start feeling lazy, I always think of you and of how you keep going (you're like the Energizer Bunny!). Thank you for being such an inspiration to us here.

I don't think I said anything about yesterday. Got back after lunch and started in with some work and never got around to it. Anyway yesterday I did 3 miles on the treadmill in the morning, followed by a nice 3.5 mile walk during my lunch.

By walking twice a day (6.5 miles a day), I'm trying to minimize the holiday weight gain. Once the holidays are over, then I'll go back to walking outside at lunch again; I don't want to mess up my foot or my knee. But man, Christmas is a hard time to stay away from food. The cookies call to me; I swear they do. 
 And I don't want to not eat anything; that's no fun either. 

I think everybody here is wonderful! Look at what we do to try to stay healthy and to get our exercise. We all rock! 

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. We all rock :clap:
I did my triceps and biceps today with Rohan. TORQ with a progressive overload. 20 reps. Add more weight. 15 reps. Add more weight. 10 reps add more weight then 5 reps. 2 mins rest and repeat.
I still have my chest to do. We are 3 days into a heat wave so I'm waiting for it to cool down. It's 42 deg celcius in the shed at the moment :D

Come on people. We can resist the festive foods. Moderation. Moderation. :vibes:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did do my chest as planned. It was 37 deg celcius in the shed and then a cool change came in. I went for a 20 min jog and it was quite pleasant.

Keep going everybody. Remember we rock :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like riding my bike, that is not a secret, but I don't like to spend cleaning the bike more time than I ride, but for some reason my bike ends up like this quite often and I need to clean it so that chain starts moving again:

Let's see what kind of mess next ride will be.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear. The bike does need some attention. I don't blame you for not wanting to clean it in the snow jtbo jtbo

We are still having a heat wave here. I love it. I am so much more motivated to get exercising when it's hot. Today was 40 deg celcius. It's my rest day so that's probably a good thing. It would be a bit too hot in the shed today. ;) Yesterday I did my back and shoulders in the morning and then my legs in the afternoon. I did the progressive overload again. It's great to change it up. I even trick myself into thinking that it's easier. :lol3: I did however load the bar up a bit too much. My legs can handle it but I hurt my shoulder a little bit by trying to heave the bar up onto my back. My shoulder is fine today but I've made a note not to do that next time. I can't hurt myself. No one else will look after the cats as well as I do :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh dear. The bike does need some attention. I don't blame you for not wanting to clean it in the snow @JTbo

We are still having a heat wave here. I love it. I am so much more motivated to get exercising when it's hot. Today was 40 deg celcius. It's my rest day so that's probably a good thing. It would be a bit too hot in the shed today.
Yesterday I did my back and shoulders in the morning and then my legs in the afternoon. I did the progressive overload again. It's great to change it up. I even trick myself into thinking that it's easier.
I did however load the bar up a bit too much. My legs can handle it but I hurt my shoulder a little bit by trying to heave the bar up onto my back. My shoulder is fine today but I've made a note not to do that next time. I can't hurt myself. No one else will look after the cats as well as I do
A heat wave? You're so lucky. It's been around freezing all day here and now that the sun has gone in it's dropped down to minus 3.

That bike looks like it works very hard for a living @JTbo  My bike has it easy, all paved roads and just a few slopes.

I've been really busy having an old gas stove removed and rearranging the furniture over the past few days. I rode my bike for about 40 minutes yesterday. Today I've been working all day, so nothing active.

I'll try and get out for a walk tomorrow

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had one cool day now it's warming up again. I love it:D
I have a new programme for this week. It even has a name. HELL WEEK!! Yes that's right. I've been too tired to post at night.
Each day I'm training every muscle group. Monday was strength. Heavy weight, low reps and one exercise per muscle group.Tuesday was TORQ. Lighter weights high reps. Today ( wed) is strength again. I'm posting now before I get started. My whole body is stiff and sore. It will be unpleasant but I can do it so I will ;)
I'm off to drink coffee. Mmm coffee.
Keep going everybody. We will deserve our Christmas pudding:D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday 1 hour and 6 minutes bicycle ride.

Day before that, 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Wet, wet snow, then wet again, bicycle sinks to roads, fatbike would be better to these conditions, but tad expensive.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done it. I survived HELL WEEK. Woo hoo!!!
I would like to report that I got up at 5:50 am and did torq chest, biceps, shoulders and triceps. That's about the 2nd or 3rd time I've trained early morning. I don't do early very well. So im mighty proud [emoji]128512[/emoji] Then I hopped back in bed for an hour and trained legs and back with Rohan at 10:00.Now I'm at the hairdresser getting a pampering.
Merry Christmas my exercising friends. Enjoy.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20 min jog and then two rounds of tabata step ups and box squat jumps. The box squat jumps were killer so now I'm on a mission to get better at them. No stopping Tammat :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Ah, Tammat, you're putting me to shame.

So, here's what I managed last week; Sunday I worked all day, just a half hour walk in the evening when I went to visit the feral cats down in the village. Monday, too busy to do anything. Tuesday, dentist appointment, cycled there and back. About a one hour round trip. Wednesday, one hour of yoga, Thursday, 90 minute walk. Friday, a one hour walk.

This weekend really busy again so nothing active.

I'll do better tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I think I need to get a treadmill maintenance kit. The treadmill is in the basement and when it gets cold outside, it's cold in the basement, too. And the belt slips and slides terribly. Squeaks with every step. I got on it this morning and couldn't handle it. I got the speed up to 3.5 mph before I gave up. I only did 1/2 mile on it and it was still acting up, it was really slipping. I had to hold on to the rails with both hands; I would have fallen otherwise. Not good. Not good at all. Hopefully with the kit, I can lube the belt and do some minor adjustments to get it running OK again. And stop that darn squeak! 

Can't complain; that treadmill is well over 13 years old now. And it has seen a lot of miles. But I'd like to keep it around for a while yet, if we can.

BTW, Rick gave me a Fitbit Charge for Christmas. I'm going to charge it up and start 2016 with my new one. Rick says he wants my old Fitbit Flex. My Flex has seen more than a few miles, too!

Going to walk over lunch today.....

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles walked today at lunch. It's breezy, about 37 degrees F outside. And it was wonderful.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I did a 20 min jog in the morning then tabata box squat jumps and 20 mins of continuous cardio. Boxing, skipping, burpees and sit ups.

Today I went for a 20 min jog and when I got back I did box squat jumps tabata. I have a goal now to get the same amount of squat jumps on the 8th round of tabata as i do on the first. ;) I did the same cardio as yesterday a bit later on in the day.

Winchester Winchester Your poor old treadmill. It's done far more miles than most would have :lol3: I hope you can get it back into action for a bit longer.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Your treadmill would drive me nuts @Winchester  I can't stand anything that squeaks.

I walked for 90 minutes yesterday. Today I started the end of year cleaning and spent 3 hours doing housework. I'm so tired, and I haven't even started on the kitchen yet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I'm not real amused with the treadmill myself. It's loud. Really loud. And with every single step. I can hear it over my music.

3.5 miles out walking today over lunch.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm not real amused with the treadmill myself. It's loud. Really loud. And with every single step. I can hear it over my music.

3.5 miles out walking today over lunch.
Earplugs and then headphones over them, you still hear music just fine, but anything beyond music cannot interfere.

It has been -13 during nights and -10 during days, even it is not very cold by our standards, sudden change from around freezing to much colder makes it feel quite cold and thus I have not been able to make myself to move, but getting myself to eat too much has not been an issue :-\

Also my left feet has been acting up which has given me perfect excuse.

I guess I should try to ride at least a bit, but not sure if that is happening, weight has been going down slowly still, but kind of would need some riding.

Daily cutting and chopping firewood to keep cats warm is of course little something, but that is 50-100 calories only.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's starting to get cold here too. Around freezing during the day and minus 8 last night. Not as cold as last winter though. Hurray for global warming!

The cleaning is finished! House looks very nice now. I managed a half hour bike ride after I'd finished all the house work.

Status
Not open for further replies.