The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The adventures of JTbo are incredible! Did you know that Santas Reindeer run on the Northern lights? In fact the elves make the Northern lights with their magic dust? It's true. It's true!!
I didn't train yesterday. Today I did back and shoulders. My bent over rows are improving. It's taken me all this time to finally get a full range of motion. Persistence pays off my friends :)
Keep going.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Another long walk today.  

Two and a half hours along a hiking trail. The first hour was quite steep, but once we got to the top there were some amazing views. Then an easy walk down the other side and through the forest back to the car. Here are some pictures.

No cats today, but I did meet this nice pony.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. Your pictures are so beautiful, Norachan.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning (maybe I need to create a slideshow of your beautiful pictures!)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. By increasing the treadmill speed, I'm able to get that quarter-mile back in. Some mornings are harder than others, but so far, things are OK.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan That's just so pretty. You really have no excuse not to make the most of that :D

I agree Winchester Winchester you do walk a long way and you must be almost jogging :nod:

I have a sore booty today too. It must be going around :lol3:
I did TORQ chest, biceps and triceps. High reps light weight. Now my whole body is sore. I'm going for a nice soak in the bath.:sleep2: and then it's sleep time.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday. I did my back and shoulders today. My whole body is sore and tired. It's 4.28 pm. Too early for bed. This is a dangerous time for me to overeat. Oh give me strength. :seesaw:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@NorachanThat's just so pretty. You really have no excuse not to make the most of that

You're right, that's why I go on so many long walks. Unfortunately it has been really stormy for the past two days, so I haven't been able to get out. An hour of yoga yesterday and today.

How's everyone else doing? @JTbo  any more adventures to share?

Only three weeks to go and we will have managed to keep exercising for a whole year.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right, that's why I go on so many long walks. Unfortunately it has been really stormy for the past two days, so I haven't been able to get out. An hour of yoga yesterday and today.

How's everyone else doing? @JTbo
 any more adventures to share?

Only three weeks to go and we will have managed to keep exercising for a whole year.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I bought a welding machine and have been playing with that, some iron bending and such, but no adventures now, however Sunday I plan to have again bicycle ride to untraveled roads in wilderness :)

I have been overeating horribly now, I need to really grab myself from the neck now, just this one chocolate bar first...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm exhausted from walking today. We walked to play group this morning, then we walked to the dollar store after the kids nap time. Walking home from the dollar store has a huge hill, pushing a 27 pound stroller, a 24.5 pound kid and a 26 pound kid. I'm always tired after that hill.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I remember pushing my kids in the stroller when they were younger. It was physically and mentally exhausting and then they wouldn't let me sit down and rest when we got home. :lol3:

I just got back from my Sunday 20 min jog.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Days go so fast sometimes, I realized that it is about a week since I rode my bike last time or at least I have no markings on my spreadsheet about any other ride.

My eating has been terrible, so I decided to ride bit longer ride, it turned out to be 2 hours and 34 minutes.

I forgot to take dose of Buventol before the ride and that made things terrible, I could not push very hard and even still I was running low on oxygen, which made every effort to push harder really painful/annoying as only thing happening was gasping air, vision going black and burning feeling in legs, while normally I can push as hard as I want most of the hills and it just feels great.

Didn't see even rabbits now, not much of anything else either, but when I was almost at home it started to snow quite lot.

Roads were quite nice though, there was one soft spot too, there was bit snow on top of the small cattle road and at one place I know it is bit soft at times, this time it really was soft, rear wheel sank to hub, pedals hit road surface and there just was not enough grip to pull trough that muddy spot.

Chain did sink to mud too as well rear derailleur, it was bit silly, kind of surface of road all of sudden did not have surface tension and bike just dropped that deep. It is too cold to wash bike now, if I remember to take pic tomorrow, I post it here, I think that bike has never been that dirty.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chest, biceps and triceps for me today. 6 reps/ 8 sets and 40 sec rest. My rest breaks have been 60 secs. 20 sec less rest break makes a big difference :D

I ate badly yesterday and I'm really hungry again today. :argh:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning (I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like at lunch with the coming rain, so I figured 3 miles is better than no miles). If it fairly nice outside, I'll go ahead and walk at lunch anyway.

It wasn't pretty around here with eating over the weekend either. I really didn't want to make cookies because I knew I'd eat them. I even told Rick I didn't want to make cookies....just don't want to do it anymore. But he wanted cookies, I made them, and.....well, I have no willpower.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The sun is shining and it's 61 degrees today. Even a little on the muggy side as we are to get rain sometime. But I couldn't resist walking, even though I walked this morning. It's simply too beautiful outside.

So....3.5 miles walked during my lunch today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's really warm for December here too @Winchester  The rain finally stopped so I went for a long walk, all the way around the perimeter of the village and golf course. That's about 8 miles altogether. I was expecting to see Fuji covered in snow after two days of rain, but there is even less snow up there than there was last time the skies cleared. Strange, it's usually totally white by now.

@JTbo  I saw some big mountain hares grazing on the golf course. They run off as soon as they see people though.

An hour of yoga yesterday and 2 hours walk today. Keep going guys.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning (I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like at lunch with the coming rain, so I figured 3 miles is better than no miles). If it fairly nice outside, I'll go ahead and walk at lunch anyway.

It wasn't pretty around here with eating over the weekend either. I really didn't want to make cookies because I knew I'd eat them. I even told Rick I didn't want to make cookies....just don't want to do it anymore. But he wanted cookies, I made them, and.....well, I have no willpower.
Congratulations to you you pawsitive person :D and rightly awarded. You are lovely :hugs:

I ate badly again on Monday night. Last night I was ok. I feel calmer and more normal again. This time of year is tough. I am tired and it doesn't help to see shortbread and plum pudding ect... Everywhere. Your cookies sound AMAZING!!! I bought the ingredients for them over a year ago but I dare not bake them. I would go berserk.

I did my back and shoulders with Rohan yesterday. My back is getting stronger. It's an amazing feeling I love it.

Today I did my legs at home. I was walking from one exercise to the next with my clock and I dropped it :argh: timing is very important so I mucked that up a bit. I did however do all my TORQ squats without stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.